Calcium Supplements

FifiFifi purr... PExer
Natatakot kasi ako na baka kulang ako sa calcium, so i want to take calcium tablets sana. Do they work? safe ba ang mga ito? Anong effective na calcium tablets sa market?

Comments

• batang uliranbatang uliran Administrator PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    In the absence of kidney failure or a history of hypercalcemia, calcium supplementation is safe when taken within the recommended daily requirement of about 1 gram/day.

Adequate calcium in the diet works primarily to decrease the risk for osteoporosis (thinning of bones).

Oral calcium supplements come in several forms such as calcium carbonate, calcium phosphate, calcium lactate , and calcium gluconate. However, side-effects such as bloating, constipation, and flatulence (gassiness) have been reported. I would imagine that you are also aware dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt are very good sources of calcium. A glass (240 ml) of milk generally contains 275-300 mg of calcium. Sardines and spinach are less known sources of calcium. You don't have to take calcium supplements if you could get your calcium from your diet.

[Edited by batang uliran on 05-27-2001 at 09:11 AM]
  • lief_meisje_83lief_meisje_83 charjer'z princezz PExer

i used to take sundown 300 mg softgels three tablets alternate days pero ngayon po i'm just using kirkland's 500 once a day...i don't feel any flatulence nor any pains of any kind.

is this okay??
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Yes, it is.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file