Home PEx Sports The UAAP Games
Join our PEx Olympics Quiz Night and win GCash prizes! 🏅

UAAP Season 74 UAAP MBT Recruits!

Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
May naririnig ako na malakas daw ang Ateneo next season, puno daw ng "tower players" ang team na ito.

Tapos yung FEU daw may powerhouse "negro players" next season. Kaya daw i-demolished ang lahat ng UAAP teams next season.

Yung NU, itinodo na din daw ang powers para makapag recruit ng mga blue chip players.

Yung La Salle, hindi din yata papatalo. Though I need more info please :)

How about UST, UP, Adamson and UE?

Lahat ng informations sa mga new recruits for the next season, please post it here.

Name:
UAAP S74 Team:
HS (or previous) Team:
Race:
Height:
Position:
Special Remarks:
«13456769

Comments

  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    Ateneo's confirmed/rumored Fab Five - Kiefer Ravena, Greg Slaughter, Gwynne Capacio, Von Pessumal, Mark Tallo

    let the hype begin :lol:

    seriously, I have high hopes for this recruiting class
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Quote ko lang si Ruckus sa kabilang thread:
    next year with several red-shirting Blue Chippers coming in (including Rayray parks (?) Norman Penola, Kyle Neypes, Cedric Labing-isa, etc.) and a second import, expect NU to be much stronger.
  • JojojojoJojojojo PEx Rookie ⭐
    NU's haul is more impressive if you ask me, Ray Parks Jr., RP Youth Mainstays Kyle Neypes and Cedric Labingisa, former Ateneo Team B Fil-Canadian Norman Penola and another import to back Mbe in the middle Joseph Lepe Lepe.

    UE has former Letran Squire Roy Sumang in the fold (a Johnny Abarrientos type of player), DLSU has 6'8 Norbert Torres, 6'7 Arnold Van Opstal and RP Youth player "Thunder" Dan Sara, UP will have Nigerian Alinko Mbay and former CSB Blazer Gelo Montecastro and FEU will unveil their 6'11 Cameroonian, Russell Escoto and Michael Tolomia.

    UST is said to parade their own import as well next year, a 6'8 Cameroonian.

    No word from Adamson though.
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    ^ si Penola nakikita ko sa school at Araneta last year,tapos nung March e nakita ko nag-aayos ng paperwork, yun pala e napirata na ng NU
  • JojojojoJojojojo PEx Rookie ⭐
    From what I heard he was asked to leave Ateneo, he initially made contact with another school from the NCAA, one which actively pursued him before deciding to go to Ateneo, but he was turned down. The he ended up in NU.

    It is not clear though why he was asked to leave Katipunan, though the ugly rumor - or is it the Atenean's spin - is that he flunked all his grades.

    Likely story, Blue Chip recruit, a Fil Canadian at that, failing to make the cut academically at Ateneo. Is that even believable?

    Anyway, can't wait how this guy will play against the Eagles, before his falling out with the blues my Ateneo pals kept bragging that Penola's a Pong Escobal like player... only better.

    I wonder if they still hold that same opinion about him though?
  • Jojojojo wrote: »
    N

    UST is said to parade their own import as well next year, a 6'8 Cameroonian.

    AFAIK, UST will do have a "import" but not that tall. They say it stands 6'4" who can play from 2-4 position.
  • NU also has Keith Agovida among its prospects.
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    So is it safe to assume na ADMU, FEU, DLSU and NU ang malalakas na teams next year?

    Unless may ga-graduate sa ADMU.
  • RuckuSRuckuS Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    Jojojojo wrote: »
    Anyway, can't wait how this guy will play against the Eagles, before his falling out with the blues my Ateneo pals kept bragging that Penola's a Pong Escobal like player... only better.

    I wonder if they still hold that same opinion about him though?

    from what Ive seen and heard, Norman Penola is more of a Kelvin dela Pena type of player .. only better.
  • Jojojojo wrote: »
    From what I heard he was asked to leave Ateneo, he initially made contact with another school from the NCAA, one which actively pursued him before deciding to go to Ateneo, but he was turned down. The he ended up in NU.

    It is not clear though why he was asked to leave Katipunan, though the ugly rumor - or is it the Atenean's spin - is that he flunked all his grades.

    Likely story, Blue Chip recruit, a Fil Canadian at that, failing to make the cut academically at Ateneo. Is that even believable?

    Anyway, can't wait how this guy will play against the Eagles, before his falling out with the blues my Ateneo pals kept bragging that Penola's a Pong Escobal like player... only better.

    I wonder if they still hold that same opinion about him though?

    If you know Norman Penola, then you would know how much he regrets the unfortunate turn of events.

    To cut the story short, he first tried out with SBC but ended up committing with ADMU. He partied too much with the De Chavez bros and ultimately had too much Ws in his grades (fortunately, the De Chavez bros were disciplined enough to attend their classes despite all-nighters at The Fort). NU saw this as a golden oppurtunity and made him an offer he couldn't resist.

    He regrets the lost opportunity of playing for the Blue Eagles, but he has moved on and can't wait to suit up for the Bulldogs next year :)
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Cedric Labing-isa

    Ano kaya ang jersey number na ibibigay sa kanya?
  • RuckuSRuckuS Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    KuyaDanny wrote: »
    Ano kaya ang jersey number na ibibigay sa kanya?

    12 :rotflmao:
  • About that import of UST, he stands about 6"6 and can play multiple positions.

    Ang tagal nang hinihintay ang player na'to eh. Last summer palang, hyped na siya. Sana maabot niya ang expectations ng mga taga-UST. :)
  • sa tingin ko, NU and ADMU will get the best recruits next season! Nakita ko na maglaro yung matangkad na import ng FEU, parang di naman siya ganun kagaling..
  • Milo96Milo96 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Bawal dapat import sa UP.
  • hanggang ilang imports and fil-ams ba pwede sa isang team sa UAAP?
  • oten_tuti wrote: »
    hanggang ilang imports and fil-ams ba pwede sa isang team sa UAAP?

    AFAIK, only two imports are allowed.
  • Milo96Milo96 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    It may be premature to be talking about Season 74.
    1) Hindi pa tapos ang season for 4 teams.
    2) Until the student is enrolled, all one can do is speculate. At this point, what can be talked about is the red-shirting athletes. Even so, he may still be kicked out by the start of the next season.
  • Milo96Milo96 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    oten_tuti wrote: »
    hanggang ilang imports and fil-ams ba pwede sa isang team sa UAAP?
    YoonJay18 wrote: »
    AFAIK, only two imports are allowed.

    And the team can play only 1 at any given time.

    Thus, if a team has 2 super imports, one sits in the bench while the other is playing.
  • Jojojojo wrote: »
    ...my Ateneo pals kept bragging that Penola's a Pong Escobal like player... only better.

    36bn9.jpg

    If so, sana lang walang ala-Nap Gutierrez na creeper... este manager itong si Penola :D
Sign In or Register to comment.