Home PEx Hobbies Music and Radio

buy music CD from Amazon

I plan to buy music from Amazon from the Philippines , I hav all the details needed including creditcard(mastercard), Amazon account, address, I even hav the CD in my cart.... Anyone tried to buy a music CD from Amazon and got it shipped in the PHils? does it really arrive at my doorstep? I alredy know how much are the shipping rates but how much is the customs/tax/etc.?
«1

Comments

  • Hi. I'm a regular customer of Amazon. I've had more than 10 transactions with them and I could say that the service is great.

    Some things you might want to know
    1. Amazon.co.uk delivers faster than amazon.com, co.uk orders usually arrives 2-3 weeks after the order date, while .com orders takes months. co.uk prices are also usually cheaper.

    2. Sometimes they might deliver your package to your doorstep, and most of the time they deliver packages to the post office nearest you. You'll receive a parcel notice from the post office once your package arrives and you'll have to claim it from the post office.

    3. The customs tax can be paid at the post office. It depends on how heavy the package is. For instance, the latest package I received contained 4 CD's and I paid PHP 40.

    4. Amazon is not accurate with their delivery estimates at least for the Philippines so you might have to wait an extra week for your package to arrive :)

    5. CO.UK is the best way to go! Trust me on this:) For this year alone I have bought 15 CD's from Amazon.co.uk. Orders from amazon.com might not even arrive at all. But orders from amazon.co.uk are sure to arrive. Alternately you could try yesasia, faster delivery but a bit more expensive.

    Hope that helps.
  • Also, their customer service is excellent. You could contact amazon.co.uk through email about the whereabouts of your order. They reply promptly.

    Once I had a CD that exceeded the delivery estimate date by a month, so they sent another copy of that CD for free to make up for the delay, but the original ordered CD arrived the day after, and now I have 2 copies of that CD!
  • WOAH thanks! u mean once CD's tax is like only 10PHP?
  • Yes the tax/customs fee is quite cheap. The fee depends on the weight of the package not per piece or quantity.
  • MESHUGGAHMESHUGGAH PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    sa amazon ako bumili ng album ng shadows fall,demon hunter at l'arc-en-ciel after 8 days dumating. (ayos!)
  • BTW, the address on my Meralco statement is valid ryt? LOL
  • Yup the meralco address is likely correct if you're receiving it ;). Our post offices aren't usually that strict with zip codes.
  • tj-x wrote: »
    Hi. I'm a regular customer of Amazon. I've had more than 10 transactions with them and I could say that the service is great.

    Some things you might want to know
    1. Amazon.co.uk delivers faster than amazon.com, co.uk orders usually arrives 2-3 weeks after the order date, while .com orders takes months. co.uk prices are also usually cheaper.

    2. Sometimes they might deliver your package to your doorstep, and most of the time they deliver packages to the post office nearest you. You'll receive a parcel notice from the post office once your package arrives and you'll have to claim it from the post office.

    3. The customs tax can be paid at the post office. It depends on how heavy the package is. For instance, the latest package I received contained 4 CD's and I paid PHP 40.

    4. Amazon is not accurate with their delivery estimates at least for the Philippines so you might have to wait an extra week for your package to arrive :)

    5. CO.UK is the best way to go! Trust me on this:) For this year alone I have bought 15 CD's from Amazon.co.uk. Orders from amazon.com might not even arrive at all. But orders from amazon.co.uk are sure to arrive. Alternately you could try yesasia, faster delivery but a bit more expensive.

    Hope that helps.

    Hey, anu anong Christina Aguilera items na ang nabili mo sa Amazon? :)
  • ** a sec, amazon.co.uk uses GBP and one of the albums cost
    4.01 GBP=276.828 PHP

    WTF, 270 PESOS lang? seriously? bat ang mura?
  • When a CD is newly released, Amazon.co.uk prices range from 7 to 11 GBP. They lower the prices as months go by. Normal yan hehe. CD's in the bargain bin cost about 2-3 GBP. The 4 GBP price tag probably means the item is on sale.
  • woah nice! I am definitely buyin one within this week or atleast next week Thank You, I'll report to u if it goes well
  • -gelay--gelay- PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    do it! Amazon is very legit and never had problem with them. i actually prefer them over eBay. :D

    although it's been a while since i bought an item from them (usually books and CDs/DVDs that are not available locally). they have different shipping options so you just have to select the best one for you (budget-wise and waiting period). a notification from the post office will be delivered to your address about the item that you have to claim/pick-up personally. tax/custom fee depends on the item but it's not really that expensive.

    you can also keep track of your item via their web site. so it's really cool.
  • Larry LegendLarry Legend Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    How much is the shipping fee, if you order 4-5 CDs? Do they give you the option of shipping it without the jewel case so that the weight of the order will be lower thereby the shipping fee is lower as well?
  • -gelay--gelay- PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ i don't think they have that option. they always ship their items in original packaging especially CDs/DVDs.

    but anyway, i don't see the point of having the CD/DVD without its orig case. :bungi:
  • Is there any other way of buying stuff from Amazon.co.uk? Because I wanted to buy a lot of CDs that aren't available here, but I don't have a credit card. :(
  • delanodelano PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    No problem with amazon before. Even complained that I did not receive any package, and they would gladly replace it with no charge. But that was a few years ago, ewan ko lang now. My experience with them, top notch service. Sa post office lang normally nagkaka problema.
  • Larry LegendLarry Legend Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    -gelay- wrote: »

    but anyway, i don't see the point of having the CD/DVD without its orig case. :bungi:

    The point of having CDs without the jewel case is to lower shipping costs. As mentioned on this thread, shipping fees depend on the weight of the package. Shipping without jewelcases means a lighter package and thus less expensive shipping fees.

    Other smaller online CD stores have this option. :rolleyes:

    And you can always buy jewel cases locally anyway.
  • -gelay--gelay- PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The point of having CDs without the jewel case is to lower shipping costs. As mentioned on this thread, shipping fees depend on the weight of the package. Shipping without jewelcases means a lighter package and thus less expensive shipping fees.

    Other smaller online CD stores have this option. :rolleyes:

    And you can always buy jewel cases locally anyway.

    hi! don't take my word for it, do you own search. :)

    it's just the way i get things done. i don't REALLY mind checking out other shipping options coz i love having the product in its pristine state. and yes, i'm a bit impractical. :lol:

    sorry for the mix-up.
  • Larry LegendLarry Legend Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    -gelay- wrote: »
    hi! don't take my word for it, do you own search. :)

    it's just the way i get things done. i don't REALLY mind checking out other shipping options coz i love having the product in its pristine state. and yes, i'm a bit impractical. :lol:

    sorry for the mix-up.

    Hey, sorry if I came across like a jerk. But having no jewel cases can really bring the cost of shipping down. As much as I like to have my CD come in the complete package, there have been instances in the past that I received my orders (not from Amazon) with the jewel cases broken including that circular, toothed-thing in the middle that holds the CD in its place.

    So, can anyone tell me how much the normal shipping rates are from amazon.co.uk. The prices are indeed low for some titles but I'm just wondering about the shipping. We are after all dealing with Pound Sterlings here and not US dollars and unless you're an ignoramus, you're aware that Pounds have a higher exhange rate to Philippine Pesos than US $.
  • hey guyz, it seems my music problems are solved... how and where do I buy VIDEOGAMES online?
Sign In or Register to comment.