Home PEx Lifestyle Home and Garden
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

LF: Interior Designer for a Condo

g26g26 PEx Rookie ⭐
Hi, I have a bare condo unit acquired a couple of years ago. Matagal ko na syang gusto ipagawa pero di matuloy-tuloy due to lack of funds.
Now, kailangan ko na talagang lumipat kaya I'm looking for an Interior Designer that specializes on utilization of small spaces, energy & light efficient but still effective. I think I can handle the construction. All I need is the design that is affordable.
I hope someone can point me to the right direction.
Thank you.

Comments

• good day!

i am an architect working in a well known company in the philippines.
    i would like to offer my services to you. im into modern/ minimalist design. feel free to contact me at my number 09277544453.
  • g26 wrote: »
    Hi, I have a bare condo unit acquired a couple of years ago. Matagal ko na syang gusto ipagawa pero di matuloy-tuloy due to lack of funds.
    Now, kailangan ko na talagang lumipat kaya I'm looking for an Interior Designer that specializes on utilization of small spaces, energy & light efficient but still effective. I think I can handle the construction. All I need is the design that is affordable.
    Thank you.

Hi I am also a licensed Architect and I am well experienced in Interior Design of small spaces.. You may view some of my design in my blog http://laymansdesign.blogspot.com/ or email me at [email protected]
  • g26 wrote: »
    Thank you.

Hi,

I'm an interior design consultant and I think I can help you with regards to the design that you want for your condo unit, I can come up to a cost-effective design that will meet your requirements:) feel free to contact me at 09175010806 or [email protected] thanks!
  • http://www.flickr.com/photos/mappetsc/

she is really good and not expensive! i can give her number if you're interested.
  • g26, how's your unit? good luck sa designing.
  • tinoi wrote: »
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mappetsc/

she is really good and not expensive! i can give her number if you're interested.

gud thing she already has a site for her works...

g26, she's the ID that did our living room, kitchen and master's bedrm/cr.
  • g26g26 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Thanks a lot dun sa mga nag-post ng replies.
    I'm still scouting for IDs, but not yet started contacting the recommendations. I was busy coz nagkaroon ng medical emergency sa family.

For the mean time.. Keep 'em coming!
  • May27 wrote: »
    gud thing she already has a site for her works...

g26, she's the ID that did our living room, kitchen and master's bedrm/cr.

ah really? thats nice ha!*okay*

actually she just compiled them tapos i asked her if she has something so i can show my friends her works.. i'll tell her to post more projects.. we're doing the interior of my barkada and another one coming up.. she also has office renovations on-going.. i'll tell her to post the condo of my friend para makita ni g26
  • KarasuKarasu PEx Rookie ⭐
    I have always wondered, how much would it cost to ask an interior designer/architect to work on a studio type condo?

Would it exceed a hundred thousand?
  • Actually depende un s sq. m. if you need a designer for small spaces I can help you..small space that is functional.just txt this number 09064902642.
  • Karasu wrote: »
    I have always wondered, how much would it cost to ask an interior designer/architect to work on a studio type condo?

Would it exceed a hundred thousand?
    I was also curious about this. For instance a 40sqm 1br loft condo.

Example:

-elegant, modern, but budget design
    -All lighting (no drop ceiling) and painting
    -20sqm carpet, 20sqm tile
    -kitchen cabinets, countertop, sink
    -bathroom shower with single glass panel, small cabinet with vessel sink, tile floor, shower, and shower wall
    -i will provide all furniture

Would the designers care to comment or message me?
  • ^if design lang as in full archi details and specs, it wouldn't even reach 50k

magkakatalo sa paghanap ng contractor na gagawa
  • signfreesignfree PEx Rookie ⭐
    If you can handle the construction, might as well have it your way in the design, why not try D.I.Y.-mode :) All you need to have is a consultant (an Architect or ID)

play with the texture and materials, be sure that there is no water element inside if you'll be having air-conditioning all over, magkakasipon yun mga occupants. :)
    just limit the colors and hues to 3, and use only 1 accent color/hue.
    there are abundant of designers here in MM, but only few competetive/responsible and GOOD contractors, might as well scout for the GOOD ones.
  • Granting I have a design done, how hard will it be for a contractor to implement the design if his line of work is not in condo finishing but in school desk projects and basic house construction in the province?

Kakayanin kaya?
    @sonnykhemist - para malaman mo yung kakayahan ng contractor e look at his latest finished projects, more or less that's the quality you would expect. saka magbackgroundcheck ka rin regarding the attitude of the contractor, try to talk to his former clients if you know some, and if wala sya maipakilala sayo na satisfied client or maipakitang finished project, well move on to another contractor, you might end up unsatisfied or much worse unfinished yung condo mo. :bashful:
  • @ signfree - Brother-in-law ko ang contractor. I'm sure, if quality of work is the concern, I can push harder kasi nga, we're related but I mean technically, will he be able to implement easily a condo design without any initial experience in that section?

Just getting some preliminary thoughts although I'm planning to ask him directly in the future.
  • g26g26 PEx Rookie ⭐
    @ sonnykhemist
    Sa tingin ko kung meron naman finished drawings from an Architect or Interior Designer, doon pa lang maa-assess na ninyo kung ano yun pwedeng maging problema sa construction. Pero kung ako nasa lugar mo, medyo maiilang akong mag-hire ng close relative bilang contractor. Kapag nagkaroon ng errors, mahirap magkaroon ng alitan with the relatives.
    But that's just me.
    I do agree with g26...normally mas mahirap kapag kaclose mo or relative mo ang contractor, dami issues.

@sonnykhemist - the best way to safeguard both you and the contractor's interest is to have a "contract", normally kase kapag friends saka relatives e nagkakahiyaan magkaroon ng formality.

but with regards to the design, upon seeing the plan naman e makakacomment naman yung contractor kung kayang kaya e. problem is, may mga contractor na sasabihing kaya pero pagdating ng construction e gumagawa ng sariling diskarte, mas marunong pa sa plano, kase hindi nila maexecute yung plans properly. another issues with contractors e yun budget, oo sila ng oo, for example kaya daw P200K pero kapag ginagawa na e ubos na yun P200K e hihingi pa ng dagdag, syempre ikaw e nandun na, mahirap na magpalit ng contractor, kalagitnaan ng project ayun dali ka na.
    so need talaga ng contract to safeguard your interest.

and if ever na konsensyahin ka nya, for example sabihin, bayaw hindi na kailangan ng kontrata, parang wala ka naman tiwala saken nyan e...he better realize na a contract is needed to safeguard his interest too, paano kung hindi mo sya bayaran? diba? :) and it really makes sense to have a contract...since they are labeled as contractors.
  • I suggest if you got a designer ask for recommendations sa contractors para less hassle... dami kasi ngayong scams that they give you a good price pero by the time you reach that budget sobra dami pang kulang or they compromise the quality and you start seeing the problems after they have already turned over the project after a couple of weeks or so.

Anyway, if you still need a designer, feel free to find me at facebook... sketchinteriors
  • Granting I have a design done, how hard will it be for a contractor to implement the design if his line of work is not in condo finishing but in school desk projects and basic house construction in the province?

Kakayanin kaya?

good luck kung ganun. at the risk of generalizing (of course there will always be exceptions to the norm) hindi ganun ka pulido ang carpenters doing houses/fit-out works sa probinsya - except of course kung ang carpintero ay gumagawa talaga ng mga furniture pieces na export quality.