Home PEx International Entertainment General Entertainment
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Win "Despicable Me" Premium Items!

AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
4925558438_46ca925432_o.jpg

Win Despicable Me premium items by answering the following question:

Gru (voiced by Steve Carell) is a villain who finds great pleasure in doing deliciously wicked things to other people. Whether it’s freezing a long queue of customers ahead of him at a coffee shop or creating a balloon animal for a small boy just to pop it. He’s on track to become the greatest villain of all time by committing the crime of the century, but Gru’s about to face his toughest challenge yet: fatherhood. What do you think made the three orphan girls (Margo, Edith and Agnes) want Gru as their father?

Each answer will be counted as a raffle entry. You can post as many times as you want but can only win once.

--

Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment invite you and your family to their inaugural 3-D CGI feature, Despicable Me. From producer CHRIS MELEDANDRI (Ice Age, Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who!) comes the story of one of the world’s greatest super-villains who meets his biggest challenge when three children enter his life.
In a happy suburban neighborhood surrounded by white picket fences and flowering rose bushes sits a black house with a dead lawn. Unbeknownst to the neighbors, hidden deep beneath this home is a vast secret hideout. Surrounded by an army of mischievous little minions, we discover Gru (STEVE CARELL of Get Smart, Horton Hears a Who!, television’s The Office) planning the biggest heist in the history of the world. He is going to steal the moon (Yes, the moon!).

Gru delights in all things wicked. Armed with his arsenal of shrink rays, freeze rays and battle-ready vehicles for land and air, he vanquishes all who stand in his way. That is, until the day he encounters the immense will of three little orphaned girls who look at him and see something that no one else has ever seen: a potential Dad.

Starring alongside Carell in Despicable Me are comedy stars JASON SEGEL (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I Love You, Man), MIRANDA COSGROVE (Nickelodeon’s No. 1 live-action show iCarly) and legendary Academy Award® winner JULIE ANDREWS (The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, The Princess Diaries series).

The troupe of established and emerging comedic actors who joins them includes RUSSELL BRAND (Get Him to the Greek, Forgetting Sarah Marshall), KRISTEN WIIG (Date Night, TV’s SNL), WILL ARNETT (Monsters vs. Aliens, Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who!), DANNY MCBRIDE (Tropic Thunder, Pineapple Express) and JACK MCBRAYE R (TV’s 30 Rock, Forgetting Sarah Marshall).
Despicable Me is directed by Oscar®-nominee CHRIS RENAUD (Annie Award-winning short No Time for Nuts, director of upcoming Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax) & PIERRE COFFIN (Pat et Stanley). The film is produced by Meledandri, JANET HEALY and JOHN COHEN. Leading the talented behind-the-scenes team are editors PAMELA ZIEGENHAGEN-SHEFLAND (Open Season, The Emperor’s New Groove) and GREGORY PERLER (Enchanted, Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit), as well as production designer YARROW CHENEY and art director ERIC GUILLON.

Creating the original songs and themes for the film is Grammy Award-winning artist and blockbuster music producer PHARRELL WILLIAMS, who composes the score with HEITOR PEREIRA (It’s Complicated, Beverly Hills Chihuahua). The music is produced by Academy Award® winner HANS ZIMMER (The Lion King, The Dark Knight, Sherlock Holmes).

The 3-D CGI film is based on a story by SERGIO PABLOS and a screenplay by CINCO PAUL & KEN DAURIO (Horton Hears a Who!, Dinner for Schmucks). The animated comedy’s executive producers are NINA ROWAN (Oscar®-winning animated short Bunny) and Sergio Pablos.

DESPICABLE ME is released and distributed by United International Pictures thru Solar Entertainment Corp. In Cinemas 01 September 2010 (Wednesday).

Comments

This discussion has been closed.