Home PEx Sports Football
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Why the Dutch lost the World Cup

crocopiecrocopie PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Is it poor strategy, too much fouls, the good players were subbed too early, or Iniesta just got lucky? Discuss.

Comments

• quick_benquick_ben PEx Rookie ⭐
    i still stand by my previous opinion that as much as the dutch complained during that 2nd half and extension, they should have lost outright in the 1st half when de jong high kicked alonso. Should have been a red card. 10 men... no chance.

i guess the ref didn't want it to be him to decide the finals game, did he?
  • crocopiecrocopie PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Di kaya *uhurm* binayaran ang ref? Meron kang foul within sa penalty box hindi yellow card.
    well, i'm not going to second guess anyone. my general attitude in sports is that, the ref and his decision is part of the game. sure, some decisions will not sit well with me, but it is what it is. that's how it has been ever since.

and anyway, the way the dutch played, they didn't deserve to win the world cup.

did you know: it wasn't shown on TV but despite their bad feelings, the dutch actually performed an honor guard for the spanish during the presentation ceremony.

good show for them, I say.
  • quick_ben wrote: »
    Should have been a red card. 10 men... no chance.

Teams are getting better at playing with ten men though. I'm not sure how good a national team would be at playing at a disadvantage though since they don't train together year round.

Here's an article about it.
    ^
    i imagine it would be hard on the international level.

I remember though in the 98 finals when France was reduced to 10 men. They had the lead at that point though 2-0 and were still able to score a 3rd goal in the 90th minute.
  • Ahhmmm....because of Iniesta's goal?:mconfused:
  • They were up against the (currently) best footballing nation in the world.
    Anak ng teteng, pang-pilosopong tanog naman iyan e!

And silent_control, taga Liverpool si Kuyt a. Magbigay ka naman ng mas matinong analysis. Mahe-hurt siya. :(

But as I've mentioned in another thread, Robbens, Sneijder, and Kuyt lang talaga ako bilib sa Dutch team.
  • Kuyt?:lol: Not even RvP on your list?
    van Persie? Oh yeah, Liverpool rin. In WC, he kept missing on shots that count the most!

But he is a good foil, nonetheless for the Dutch team.
  • hooneyhooney PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ di ba si van persie ay nasa Arsenal? nakapag move on na kase yung iba sa WC kaya playful ang mga sagot hehe, opinyon ko lang
  • They should have lost the match in the first half when de Jong did a fine impersonation of Cantona. They were lucky they held out that long.
  • hooneyhooney PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ lol:lol:
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    Dutch should have been reduced to 10-men in the 1st half, then they continued their rough housing which forced Spain to dive resulting to an ugly but hard fought game, justice in the end with Spain's winner, Casillas saved the day for Spain
    Wala kasi si...Van der Sar!
  • The fact that the Dutch have so many yellow cards should have been a warning sign for them to clean up their play! They didn't and they paid the consequence by losing. And it did not help that they did not put Robben and Sneijder together in the offensive line during that game...
  • panahon lang talaga ng Espana ngayon. kinontrol din talaga ng espana yung laro, kaya dapat lang na sa kanila mapunta ang trophy.