Home PEx Hobbies Music and Radio
Discuss your bets and predictions on who will be the next Miss Universe. 👑

Hale is no more?

Hehe...i thought they're still on...hindi na pala...almost 3 weeks na pala silang wala ngayon ko lang nalaman...wew..:(:(:(

Hale is no more
By NEIL RAMOS
August 6, 2010, 6:53pm
http://www.mb.com.ph/node/271087

Hit Pinoy pop-rock group Hale has called it quits.

This was confirmed by the group’s record label, PolyEast Records, adding that the break-up was amicable.

The development came after Champ Lui Pio, vocalist and main songwriter of Hale, made public his intent to go solo and to embark on a career as actor.

Lui Pio has signed with film conglomerate, Viva, and is now busy with acting workshops under director Laurice Guillen.

He is currently recording his solo debut album, which Polyeast describes as “more mainstream, softer; with lots of ballads.”

The other members of Hale, Roll Martinez, Sheldon Gellada, and Paolo Santiago, have no plans to continue producing music individually or as a unit.

Hale zoomed to popularity in 2004 when their single, “The Day You Said Goodnight,” became one of the biggest hits that year.

Comments

• ElectricPlatypusElectricPlatypus PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Yes. Because Champ is now an award-winning actor, hilarity ensues.
  • i just thought that they would still pursue as a band...hindi na kasi ako nakakanood ng news e....

but good for Champ....there's always a good and bad thing when it comes to band quitting....hehe
  • -gelay--gelay- PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    what caused the break-up?

creative differences, i guess. :rolleyes: :lol:
  • -gelay--gelay- PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yes. Because Champ is now an award-winning actor, hilarity ensues.

singers want to be actors. actors want to be singers.
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Just as long as he doesn't host. I can't stand his brother's voice whenever he does VJ'ing over at Myx.
    j5bata wrote: »
    Just as long as he doesn't host. I can't stand his brother's voice whenever he does VJ'ing over at Myx.

I am more annoyed with Janine's voice. Whatever happened to VJ Monica? She was the best female VJ they had after that girl from the Neon Lights video.
  • good riddance!
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    As the song goes, it's truly was "the day they said goodnight" for good.
  • wala nang competition ang CUESHE at ang ating great MASTER JAY.

JAYMEN!!!
  • @GOJ

kahit kailan hindi matatawag na ka-COMPETITION ng CUESHE ang HALE..ni minsan di umabot sa kalingkingan ng cueshe yang hale...
    at syempre di na kailangan ni master jay mag-artista.... JAYMEN!
  • wala nang competition ang CUESHE at ang ating great MASTER JAY.

JAYMEN!!!

Time and time again, our Master Jay has proven he can outlast all the others.

JAYMEN!!!:rocker:

• He is currently recording his solo debut album, which Polyeast describes as “more mainstream, softer; with lots of ballads.”

wait, Hale isnt mainstream enough?
    wala nang competition ang CUESHE at ang ating great MASTER JAY.

JAYMEN!!!

Blasphemer daw kasi ang Hale eh, biruin mo mas nauna daw sila sa Cueshe, Kahit Beatles at Led Zeppelin alam nila ang totoo....

JAYMEN!!!
  • seether05 wrote: »
    Blasphemer daw kasi ang Hale eh, biruin mo mas nauna daw sila sa Cueshe, Kahit Beatles at Led Zeppelin alam nila ang totoo....

JAYMEN!!!

Tama lang na mag-disband na ang Hale para maiwasan na ang comparison sa Cueshe. Unfair masyado for both bands. Unfair for Hale because they will never compare to Cueshe. Unfair for Champ because he will never approximate's Master Jay's musical talent and virtuosity for creating perfect music.

JAYMEN!!!
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yes, there is a God in Heaven....
    I don't understand the feud between Champ and Jay. So I'll assume Champ f*cked the hell out of Jay so deep and good. :rotflmao:
  • I don't understand the feud between Champ and Jay. So I'll assume Champ f*cked the hell out of Jay so deep and good. :rotflmao:

was there even a feud? move along, nothing to see here...

the real champ is MASTER JAY. JAYMEN!!!
    So Cueshe was just mentioned for no reason apparently. How stupid.
  • MESHUGGAHMESHUGGAH PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    artistic differences ang dahilan kasi ang gusto daw ng mga kabanda ni lui pio tugtog daw sila ng metal at magpalet ng ng name from "hale" gagawing "hell". :lol:
  • So Cueshe was just mentioned for no reason apparently. How stupid.

Cueshe IS REASON ITSELF...
  • hehe....basta alam ko magkasabay sumikat yung cueshe tsaka hale....year 2005 ata yun e...i dont know, basta i admire more Hale...hehehe

ang inaalala ko lang...ano na kaya yung next move nung remaining members ng band?? actually parang "nasasayangan" ako sa paglipat ni Paolo Santiago from Join the Club to Hale....wala lang...kasi they're music become more "matured" na nun pagkatapos nung pagka-"novelty" ng mga past albums nila....

Sana pumalit na lang na vocalist si Biboy Reina, yung sa Join the Club....o mag-combine forces na lang sila ng Join the Club...hahaha...selfish..