Home PEx Lifestyle Home and Garden
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

All about Interlocking Bricks...Lego Brick/Concrete Interlocking Brick

o5k33o5k33 PEx Rookie ⭐
http://www.legobrick.info/

New technology now in the Philippines. More cheaper, affordable and elegant. You can save up to 50% of the total construction cost.

Innovations in House Construction
One way to keep house costs low is to use appropriate technology.

Concrete Interlocking Brick (CIB)
Resembling Lego® bricks, they are more volunteer-friendly than the usual concrete hollow blocks (CHB). While CIB are more expensive per piece than CHB, they use less cement, and therefore a house built with them also costs less than one built with CHB.

I have been browsing this website for a while. Any input with this technology mga ka PEX. :)

Comments

• o5k33o5k33 PEx Rookie ⭐
    At 1344 pesos per wall sq.m that's exclude the finishing. Mura na kumpara sa old conventional system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2a1U25wBWI&feature=related
  • Not much info on their website, technical (including structural) and otherwise. Not even an address or an 'About Us'.

Are the bricks made locally or imported from 'South America'?

How did they arrive at the 'up to 50%' savings figure?

Is 'legobrick' a trademark infringement?
  • hindi kaya delikado eto pag may lindol? kasi parang walang bakal na re-inforced eh... although delikado din kahit yung conventional na hollow blocks na gamit natin lalo na pag malakas ang lindol...

may point is... alin kaya sa dalawa ang mas matibay pagdating ng mga di inaasahang sakuna...
  • agree with Agave, how did they come up with the 50% savings?
    gaano kataas kaya nito? kaya ba nito 9 meter high?

shotokan, did you check the links? nakalagay duon na pwede ireinforce ng bakal, dinadaan dun sa butas, bago binubuhusan ng semento.
    2%20FLOOR%20BRICK%20HOUSE.jpg

@ agave, shotokan and asiastreak, Its proudly Philippine made. After making research with this technology I have found out that this technology came from Brazil, South America. Thumbs up ako sa Modular Interlocking Bricks.

I have lived in the UK for years and now in Australia, my fascination with bricks didn't stop. CHB is the thing of the past in the modern world. Kung meron man, iilan na lang at modified na sya. Majority of the houses in Australia, EU, USA and so on are made of different kind of bricks. Kahit siguro CHB, Bricks at Formawall, pag malakas ang lindol itutumba ang mga yan. *okay*
  • cyberfunkcyberfunk PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Looks promising. Is it oven baked ? Does it "clink" when hit together? Those round cells, is it for mortar and reinforcement? Makakamura nga since the brick pattern is a finishing touch already. I'm sure structurally sound yan. It all just boils down to the cost. If it could be at least competitive with the price of the typical method of construction here for sure it will have an edge. Brick construction has always been very durable and it's nice to see there's going to be distributor here. I just hope it's not violating any copyright infringement with the use of the LEGO trademark.
  • pit bullpit bull PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    sa US pansin ko mga small office buildings gawa sa bricks.. dahil ba sa insulating properties yun?
    Not necessarily, but yeah. Like our method of hollow blocks naging conventional method nila ang Brick Laying. Some may look like bricks because of the brick like patterns pero it's actually cinder blocks. Cinder blocks are good trapping heat inside the house. Brownstone office spaces medyo favorite sa states and even for their houses.
    cyberfunk wrote: »
    Looks promising. Is it oven baked ? Does it "clink" when hit together? Those round cells, is it for mortar and reinforcement? Makakamura nga since the brick pattern is a finishing touch already. I'm sure structurally sound yan. It all just boils down to the cost. If it could be at least competitive with the price of the typical method of construction here for sure it will have an edge. Brick construction has always been very durable and it's nice to see there's going to be distributor here. I just hope it's not violating any copyright infringement with the use of the LEGO trademark.

Many thanks @ cyberfunk, I'm wasn't so sure if the 2 components clink together. All I know is they use less cement compared to CHB. Lego Brick cost around 14 to 19pesos per piece, I'm not sure the cost of CHB and cement in the Philippines. It looks elegant, durable, affordable and save you time.

Watch this...First project in Cebu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2a1U25wBWI&feature=player_embedded
  • The P1,344 per sq.m does not include cement, steel, and labor, according to the web page cited. But it says that these are "minimal". I assume they mean that the cement and steel are "minimal" not the labor.

So, what is the typical cost per sq.m of conventional CHB wall, excluding labor?

Is it P2,688/sq.m? Is that how they came up with 50% savings?
    agave wrote: »
    The P1,344 per sq.m does not include cement, steel, and labor, according to the web page cited. But it says that these are "minimal". I assume they mean that the cement and steel are "minimal" not the labor.

So, what is the typical cost per sq.m of conventional CHB wall, excluding labor?

Is it P2,688/sq.m? Is that how they came up with 50% savings?

@ agave, it does not include finishing...

But still more cheaper than conventional system. They use tile adhesive cement mixture, you can also use ordinary cement to interlock the 2 components. No more rendering or palitada compared to CHB.

They use steel reinforcing rod, the total columns varies according to the size of construction. And it has more supporting points compared to conventional system.
    For a typical conventional wall made of hollow blocks the approximate price is Php 725.00per sqm. This includes the mortar, plastering (both faces), reinforcement bars and labor. That's about half the price of the just the bricks alone.
    For a typical conventional wall made of hollow blocks the approximate price is Php 725.00per sqm. This includes the mortar, plastering (both faces), reinforcement bars and labor. That's about half the price of the just the bricks alone.

@ cyberfunk...

That is absolutely dirt cheap, more cheaper than brick and formwork ( pre cast concrete ).

I remember I was in touched with one of the formwork contractor in the Philippines that was sometime ago. I was asked for 9000Php per sq.m in my 480 sq.m lot in Antipolo to build my first project. Suddenly, after a few months of exchanging email with him, I was told that the price per sq.m has just gone up to 12000 to 15000 Php.
  • o5k33: I think you are confusing horizontal square meters (floor area) with vertical square meters (wall surface area).

We are trying to compare P1,344/sq.m, which is the cost of the brick wall per vertical square meter excluding labor, with the cost of CHB wall per vertical square meter excluding labor (but possibly including all finishing so that the comparison is apples-to-apples).

I assume that cyberfunk's quote of P725/sq.m is cost per vertical square meter, and so can be compared with P1,344/sq.m for the bricks. If so, the claim that the bricks are a "50% savings" is not only exaggerated but false, i.e., the opposite is true, CHB is actually cheaper than legobrick.

Now if cyberfunk meant P725 per horizontal square meter, then we cannot directly compare this with P1,344.
    Like I said the approximate cost of a wall. We are talking about masonry here and more specifically walls made from bricks and wall from local conventional method of hollow blocks. To date there is no other system that can beat the hollow block method as far as masonry is concern.
    agave wrote: »
    o5k33: I think you are confusing horizontal square meters (floor area) with vertical square meters (wall surface area).

We are trying to compare P1,344/sq.m, which is the cost of the brick wall per vertical square meter excluding labor, with the cost of CHB wall per vertical square meter excluding labor (but possibly including all finishing so that the comparison is apples-to-apples).

I assume that cyberfunk's quote of P725/sq.m is cost per vertical square meter, and so can be compared with P1,344/sq.m for the bricks. If so, the claim that the bricks are a "50% savings" is not only exaggerated but false, i.e., the opposite is true, CHB is actually cheaper than legobrick.

Now if cyberfunk meant P725 per horizontal square meter, then we cannot directly compare this with P1,344.

@ agave

Vertical Sq.m wall including finishing for formwork cost around 1700 to 2000 Php. For Brick technology, 1344 Php, It does not include finishing. For conventional type of construction, at 725 Php per sq.m wall its the cheapest among the three.

As for horizontal area, I'm not so sure about regarding per sq.m floor for the brick technology. As for pre cast or formwork, I was asked for 9000 Php but according to the contractor that the price have risen to 12000 to 15000 Php. For conventional type, the minimum price will be 12000 Php to 24000 Php, it varies according to finishing.

Anyway, please watch this video... It's CIB-Concrete Interlocking Blocks of B.Lefevbre...It's more or less the same with Lego brick technology of South America. Pay attention at 04:32 to 04:41mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGg9JBfX8Cs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnBufuMYUuM&feature=related
    Like I said the approximate cost of a wall. We are talking about masonry here and more specifically walls made from bricks and wall from local conventional method of hollow blocks. To date there is no other system that can beat the hollow block method as far as masonry is concern.

Thanks for the input @ cyberfunk,

I'll try to contact the proprietor to know the exact figure on how much per sq.m floor will I'm going to spend if I decided to use this technology for my next project. But for the meantime, try to watch the video that I shared earlier. :)