FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Considering San Beda school for my son

Hello everyone, Im considering San Beda for my kid. He will join either kinder or prep!

I would like some input from you guys. How is the primary school department? Good facilities, play area etc? Any idea what the fee is like?

Thanks

Comments

• b a d a s sb a d a s s Member PExer
    ^ SBC Rizal or Alabang?
  • channa_masalachanna_masala Member PExer
    Hi, the Rizal campus
  • JamesdRedlionJamesdRedlion Banned by Admin PExer
    Although a bit irrelevant since your kid will go to Rizal, I can say that San Beda Alabang is quite good and many of their students won a lot of inter-school competitions here (Philippines) and abroad.

San Beda Rizal, I think retained a lot of their excellent teachers from Mendiola. If that is the case then your son will surely get a good primary education. What distinguishes San Beda from other schools besides excellent primary education is that in San Beda your son will be molded in accordance to the Benedictine Values, which makes a person fully human, wholly Christian and truly Filipino.

You should also go to the official website to get more and better information.
    Hi James thanks for the reply. We are thinking of rizal because its close to where we live in rosario, and also if we decide to move closer to the school, im partial to the subdivisions in taytay:)

I understand families need to be relatively well off to send their kids to San Beda but still I want my son to grow up respecting people from all walks of life and be well rounded. I think the values the school will instill in him are very important too, like you mentioned.
  • b a d a s sb a d a s s Member PExer
    My nephews are in SBC Rizal; the facilities are good and the campus is safe, sprawling and modern. Tuition I hear is around 70K. Highlands Pointe (the subdivision where the campus is located) is a nice place with great views, no pollution and plenty of green open spaces.
  • richreedrichreed Member PExer
    838951635l.jpg?et=6YO2aV96sI660DtC2ZG5tg&nmid=181478519

SBC-R0016.jpg?et=jY,y,RCgFire05o4afpx8A&nmid=181478519

SBC-R0021.jpg?et=xr5e3Y2w6HnnYILGVz,TFg&nmid=181478519
    Library

SBC-R0019.jpg?et=BWNF07JHnqhJ4a9%2BVW2n9g&nmid=181478519
    Hallway

SBC-R0022.jpg?et=ob4yC2,srVpqFoQwyk%2BHHQ&nmid=181478519
    High School Classroom

SBC-R0035.jpg?et=i0oeloWUN41WTFF3N7yQ2Q&nmid=181478519
    The Cafeteria
  • pulang leonpulang leon Member PExer
    That would be a nice choice if you go to San Beda Rizal. I've been to that campus, my friend from the US took me for a tour and it's really nice. The facilities are superb and they are still improving it, you should go visit it. My friend from the US who moved back to the Philippines looked around for schools and she likes San Beda Rizal so much, she sent all 3 of her children there. I'm pretty sure that the quality of education that your children will get is excellent, but above all, the culture that they will live in with the Bedan tradition, your children will grow up as a very well rounded Filipino and Christian, I'm sure you will be proud of them. The fee I heard is about 35K per sem, not bad I think, it's worth it. Good luck, we're glad you are considering San Beda, hope you enroll them at our school. :-)
    thanks badass, richreed and pulang leon, you have made my decision firm:)
  • red_saint09red_saint09 I support UNICEF. PExer
    richreed wrote: »
    838951635l.jpg?et=6YO2aV96sI660DtC2ZG5tg&nmid=181478519

SBC-R0016.jpg?et=jY,y,RCgFire05o4afpx8A&nmid=181478519

SBC-R0021.jpg?et=xr5e3Y2w6HnnYILGVz,TFg&nmid=181478519
    Library

SBC-R0019.jpg?et=BWNF07JHnqhJ4a9%2BVW2n9g&nmid=181478519
    Hallway

SBC-R0022.jpg?et=ob4yC2,srVpqFoQwyk%2BHHQ&nmid=181478519
    High School Classroom

SBC-R0035.jpg?et=i0oeloWUN41WTFF3N7yQ2Q&nmid=181478519
    The Cafeteria

WOW. :) IMHO San Beda College Rizal is the best school in Rizal and one of the best in the Philippines.
  • AllelujahAllelujah Take it, take it all.. PExer
    Although a bit irrelevant since your kid will go to Rizal, I can say that San Beda Alabang is quite good and many of their students won a lot of inter-school competitions here (Philippines) and abroad.

San Beda Rizal, I think retained a lot of their excellent teachers from Mendiola. If that is the case then your son will surely get a good primary education. What distinguishes San Beda from other schools besides excellent primary education is that in San Beda your son will be molded in accordance to the Benedictine Values, which makes a person fully human, wholly Christian and truly Filipino.

You should also go to the official website to get more and better information.

Well said sir! *okay*
  • denbokdenbok Member ✭✭
    San Beda is a good choice of a school whether primary, secondary, etc. I'm a Bedan alumni (CAS 2008) but I've been with Bedans since grade school due to various competitions and there are 4 things that I can say about a Bedan Cub:

ACADEMIC WISE:
    Good in math (as in excellent)
    Articulate speaker

PERSONALITY WISE:
    Very bibo (in a positive way, meaning they are molded to be active)
    Malakas kumain
  • 1958mb180d1958mb180d Member ✭✭✭
    That would be a nice choice if you go to San Beda Rizal. I've been to that campus, my friend from the US took me for a tour and it's really nice. The facilities are superb and they are still improving it, you should go visit it. My friend from the US who moved back to the Philippines looked around for schools and she likes San Beda Rizal so much, she sent all 3 of her children there. I'm pretty sure that the quality of education that your children will get is excellent, but above all, the culture that they will live in with the Bedan tradition, your children will grow up as a very well rounded Filipino and Christian, I'm sure you will be proud of them. The fee I heard is about 35K per sem, not bad I think, it's worth it. Good luck, we're glad you are considering San Beda, hope you enroll them at our school. :-)

what's superb?the chairs?it's made of plastic with no pads.can you imagine kids sitting on it for 8 hours?even the presentation board is outdated.the quadrangle looks like lsgh back in the 60's when my older brother was applying for a slot in high school but admission was very very tough.
  • chellotte8chellotte8 Member PExer
    1958mb180d wrote: »
    what's superb?the chairs?it's made of plastic with no pads.can you imagine kids sitting on it for 8 hours?even the presentation board is outdated.the quadrangle looks like lsgh back in the 60's when my older brother was applying for a slot in high school but admission was very very tough.

What's wrong with the chairs?

And who said anything about lsgh???

:lol::rotflmao:
  • JobyBryant24JobyBryant24 Jovitus Primus PExer
    Hello everyone, Im considering San Beda for my kid. He will join either kinder or prep!

I would like some input from you guys. How is the primary school department? Good facilities, play area etc? Any idea what the fee is like?

Thanks

Nice one bro. Ako if ever magka-anak ako and within Rizal Campus, no brainer na to!

Sabi nga sa mga tshirt na available sa bookstore noon: "My Son is going to be a Bedan just like his Dad"
  • Alfonso209Alfonso209 more than just a face PExer
    ^ilang branches na ba ang San Beda sa Luzon?

Meron din ba outside Luzon?
    ^Wala pa Bro.

San Beda College-Mendiola
    San Beda College-Rizal
    San Beda College-Alabang
  • kuris5kuris5 Member PExer
    maganda sa sbc rizal. im a bedan too from mendiola and my lil sister studies in sbc rizal. 1st yr highschool palang sya nakikita ko that the school makes her busy unlike sa school nya before na wala syang ginagawa
    kuris5 wrote: »
    maganda sa sbc rizal. im a bedan too from mendiola and my lil sister studies in sbc rizal. 1st yr highschool palang sya nakikita ko that the school makes her busy unlike sa school nya before na wala syang ginagawa
    wow naks. bedista by blood na ang magkapatid oh!

so, ire-recommend mo din ba mag-aral sa San Beda Mendiola ang lil sister mo? :D
  • raconteurraconteur Member PExer
    I wonder if the three campuses share a common culture that would make it easy to move on from one Bedan campus to another.

Anyone here who has transferred from Rizal to Mendiola or Alabang, from Alabang to Mendiola, from Mendiola to Alabang?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file