Travelling to Spain

crocopiecrocopie Luis Suarez No. 7 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Hi. What's the best month to visit Espana? How long do you recommend? How high is the cost of living? Thanks.

Comments

• p@cm@niac[email protected]@niac Banned by Admin PExer
    spring time which is around may.

here's how i rank the cities i've visited so far:

barcelona
    sevilla
    valencia
    granada
    salamanca
    madrid
    cordoba
    palma de mallorca
    segovia
    toledo
    avila
    marbella
    zaragoza

cities i want to visit:

ibiza
    santiago de compostella
    oviedo
    santander
  • bboycrumbs84bboycrumbs84 Binge drinking nights PExer

barcelona
    sevilla
    valencia
    granada
    salamanca
    madrid
    cordoba
    palma de mallorca
    segovia
    toledo
    avila
    marbella
    zaragoza

cities i want to visit:

ibiza
    santiago de compostella
    oviedo
    santander

People in Barcelona speaks Spanish?
    mainly catalan. but they understand spanish.
  • istarbaksistarbaks Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

barcelona
    sevilla
    valencia
    granada
    salamanca
    madrid
    cordoba
    palma de mallorca
    segovia
    toledo
    avila
    marbella
    zaragoza

cities i want to visit:

ibiza
    santiago de compostella
    oviedo
    santander

try mo din sa leon.
  • bboycrumbs84bboycrumbs84 Binge drinking nights PExer
    mainly catalan. but they understand spanish.

Good. I can only speak Spanish. I am having difficulties understanding Catalan.
  • superparadise_Xsuperparadise_X shaken n stirred :-) PExer
    here's mine, ehheheheheh:)

Barcelona and Granada--top spot.

Sevilla
    Valencia
    Palma de Mallorca
    Santiago de Compostela
    Marbella
    Cadiz
    Madrid
    Cartagena
    Murcia
    Mahon
    Minorca

:) wants to see Avila, Toledo, Santander and Ibiza and Salamanca!

The good thing is, at least on a personal note that we have this history with Spain and I do understand and speak some Spanish as well....Barcelona can be very expensive, but shopping is definitely fantastic..I bought a 10euro jeans in Barcelona and still using it today..fashionable i would say...Food, there is this Filipino carinderia there too, hehehhe just in case you're tired of having Paella or tapas...just always on the lookout for small cafes and definitely easy on our pockets...train system is good as well..they have a project right now at least from Barcelona in improving the rail system..they are in discussion with the management of the bullet train of Japan:)....I was always comfortable walking on the streets alone..going to bookstore and churches..having a beer or wine....
    hola mr X!

well im not surprised we agree on barcelona as the best tour spot in spain. for one barcelona is the most visited city in spain.

i also agree i had the best time shopping in barcelona even tho i stayed in milan longer, supposedly the shopping capital of europe.

pinoy carinderias are a dime a dozen in barcelona. there's district called joaquin costa where you will find tambays, sampayans, half naked pinoys, etc... almost feels like home.

like i always say, if i can choose a place to settle, i'd pick barcelona anytime.
    Hola Mr. [email protected]!!

halos naikot mo ang buong Espana ah...and tama ka na halos nagtutugma tayo sa mga lugar na sa tingin naten eh kaayaaya..and definitely one of them is Barcelona!!!

Mapa-fashion, arts, nightlife, history, means of living..super angat ang siyudad na to!

what can you say about Toledo and Avila? Never been there pero nabasa ko to sa libro ni Sidney Sheldon, hahahahaha..na-excite tuloy ako...:)

hasta la proxima vez!
    toledo being the old capital of spain is rich in cultural heritage. but i would think nearby town of segovia and avila have more distinct landmarks. avila's city walls look really magnificent from afar especially nightime. and segovia's aqueduct is a work of wonder.

i think this is one of things i like about madrid. accessibility to these historical towns. the region of madrid itself also has a number of towns worth discovering. cervantes's hometown alcala de henares, san lorenzo escorial, even the ski resort in navacerrada.

if only for that advantage, i wouldn't mind rethinking my rankings and place madrid a bit higher on the list.

and mr X, i got even more excited to visit santiago de compostella knowing it is in the upper half of your rankings. ;)
  • crocopiecrocopie Luis Suarez No. 7 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    OK ba ang cost of living sa mga travelers on a budget? Mahirap ba kumuha ng Shengen sa Espana? Habol ko lang talaga manood ng La Liga match :D.
    spain is relatively cheaper than other eu countries.

mas maliit kasi ang vat. compared sa germany, france, austria or even italy, spain is a haven for budget travelers.

well, because of the euro crisis, kahit sang embassy mas mahirap na kumuha schengen.
  • enzOo9enzOo9 Member PExer
    two or three years ago a friend and i had a whirlwind roadtrip from northern europe to south.
    thanks to his cabriolet!
    in spain, we traveled from north to east to south and west of spain crossing to portugal and back to spain, with the top down.
    we encountered snow, rain, hail, tornado along the way.
    but it was all worth it! i have also been to madrid previously via plane.
    i've seen places here i have only read in history books!
    spain is such a gorgeous country. the olive trees, they have loads of them!
    no wonder lots of northern europeans choose to settle down there.
    i think it's high time to revisit spain!*okay*

i would love to see the basque region again!
    according to what i've read basque is the most difficult dialect/language ever:hmm:
    toledo being the old capital of spain is rich in cultural heritage. but i would think nearby town of segovia and avila have more distinct landmarks. avila's city walls look really magnificent from afar especially nightime. and segovia's aqueduct is a work of wonder.

i think this is one of things i like about madrid. accessibility to these historical towns. the region of madrid itself also has a number of towns worth discovering. cervantes's hometown alcala de henares, san lorenzo escorial, even the ski resort in navacerrada.

if only for that advantage, i wouldn't mind rethinking my rankings and place madrid a bit higher on the list.

and mr X, i got even more excited to visit santiago de compostella knowing it is in the upper half of your rankings. ;)

may celebration ang santiago de compostela ngayong sunday (7/25). holy year (kasi natapat sa linggo ang piyesta ni san tiago).
  • boy_turistaboy_turista Ang Soloistang Flashpakista PExer
    I want to visit Spain! :mecry:

Can one do a backpacking travel within the country? I want to follow the footsteps of Jose Rizal. hehe...
    fiesta din sa bayan namin in honor of Senor Santiago, hehhehehe...and also got my name from our beloved patron saint;)
    sana itinaon ko na lang this year yung camino de santiago ko...
    I want to visit Spain! :mecry:

Can one do a backpacking travel within the country? I want to follow the footsteps of Jose Rizal. hehe...

definitely one can do backpacking all across Spain:) honestly, natulog ako sa isang bench dahil ala akong pambayad sa hotel.....:mecry:
    istarbaks wrote: »
    sana itinaon ko na lang this year yung camino de santiago ko...

sana makapag camino de santiago ulit ako....now that you have mentioned it, naalala ko tuloy yung kaligayan ko that time..ewan ko ba super gusto ko talaga mga pilgrimage trips, kahit anong religion pa yan....i should put Santiago de Compostela way above Valencia and maybe the same spot of Sevilla sa rankings ko....
    sana makapag camino de santiago ulit ako....now that you have mentioned it, naalala ko tuloy yung kaligayan ko that time..ewan ko ba super gusto ko talaga mga pilgrimage trips, kahit anong religion pa yan....i should put Santiago de Compostela way above Valencia and maybe the same spot of Sevilla sa rankings ko....

kailan ka nag camino?

gusto ko rin ulit mag camino. this time lakad naman.

at tama ka, ang saya ng camino. kahit mahirap :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file