Home PEx Campus College of Saint Benilde

College Of Saint Benilde - Help a newbie out?

What up :)

Basically I'm a senior high school student and ever since I step on to high school CSB has always been my number one choice. I also had my eyes set for Multimedia Arts but as time goes by I'm starting to want new things.

I still want to study in CSB of course. So for my first question, which I also apologize for since there are loads of similar questions like mine: How is the entrance exam in CSB?

Second: about my course.

I'm really in to Graphic Arts. Painting and all that and a bit of photography. I'm not really fond of web design though and I really dont like the coding HTML and all that crap. Still I want to go for Multimedia Arts

But I'm also in love with making videos. Music videos: mini films. Sorta like Lady Gaga's art installations. So i really thought I should go for Film

But then music is also my passion and I always dreamt of becoming a producer. I also create remixes and instrumentals etc. So maybe I'm up for Music Production.

So can Multimedia Arts can combine my passion for all three? I don't really have a clue and I would rather listen to natural opinions of real people than read corporate descriptions in brochures.

Comments

• j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    MMA helps youget the fill from the best of both worlds but it leans more on the discipline of design applied on graphics, photography, digital filmmaking and animation although we do get our hands on doing our own thing with editing sound (via Sony Sound Forge and Vegas Pro) which isn't half as bad. A lot of MMAers are very gifted musicians.

I believe you can thrive under the Multimedia Arts program if you put yourself into the test and do your own thing. In the end, it's still going to be your call.

Para ma-inspire ka: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij6T1MuPIL8
  • AltarBoy^_^AltarBoy^_^ PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Your passions are undeniably admirable, but convert those passions to reality is simply a matter of choosing the first thing that you want to do and then following it up with another choice between the other two. Time management will be your best friend. ;)

I suggest you choose wisely, some people don't have the luxury, nor the time to choose from either one. Some even went beyond their chosen courses and followed what they loved doing the moment the opportunity was there. One fine example is Champ of the band Hale. He graduated from a course that was far from his love for music but he finished it and followed his dream. You just have to go the extra mile to achieve them all. ;)
  • Yes, multimedia arts can definitely make use of all the talents you have even though it does not thoroughly dig that much. But it's the closest course you can get that provides you with all three mediums.. There are a lot of electives to choose from to master your craft for every medium you love. If I'm not mistaken, you can go beyond 5 elective subjects. Enjoy your stay in csb. :)
    In the case of the 107 batch currently taking electives, we can choose as much as 5, with Digisoun the only elective that is required (as far as I know, wala na atang iba pang sound-related electives starting with our batch)
  • Oh. Can't you anymore enroll once you've taken up 5 already? Wala ng SOUNDES? SOUNDIT?
  • So can Multimedia Arts can combine my passion for all three?

That's your job, and not the school's. Taking up AB-MMA will expose you to different media production from web, print, audio-visual and so on. You also have the option to choose from different elective subjects that would help you specialize in a certain media.

With regards to your passion for music, AB-MMA usually holds a collab project with Music Production. If I remember correctly, they call it "Tag-Team Awards." You will be working with Music Production students and come up with a music video with them.

To cut things short, AB-MMA will teach you which medium to use, when to use it, and how to relay your message clearly through visual arts.

I really dont like the coding HTML and all that crap.

I believe that the web developer/designer path offers an above-average entry-level salary compared to other media unless you're a genius, which will make you a special case.
  • How is the entrance exam in CSB?

It's quite easy. There's a bit of algebra, language comprehension, analytical and spatial skills(forms and shapes).
    ballerz wrote: »
    Oh. Can't you anymore enroll once you've taken up 5 already? Wala ng SOUNDES? SOUNDIT?

Soundes is under Design Foundation. The rest are either renamed into new electives or have been pahsed out. Digisoun, which is possibly the successor class for the past batches' Soundit, is a "required" elective which all MMA students should take. Sa nasabi ko last time regarding sa mg soun electives, inooffer pa rin kaso wala masyadong students ang nageenroll dito kaya eventually di rin siya na-ooffer every term (nakakabahala nga ito actually)

Ironic, pwuede sana lagay na lang nila ito sa category ng mga DF's classes.