Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

Rango (2011) - Johnny Depp

"Rango" centers on a chameleon who’s going through an identity crisis and embarks on a cross-country journey where he ends up in the dangerous SouthWest territory. Instead of the animals being portrayed as creatures in the wild they’re given human characteristics, a cowboy/mariachi wardrobe, and a Western genre vibe.

"Rango" is directed by Gore Verbinski ( Pirates Of The Caribbean) and features voice acting from Johnny Depp, Isla Fisher, Abigail Breslin, Bill Nighy, Stephen Root, Ray Winstone, Beth Grant, Ned Beatty, Harry Dean Stanton, and Alfred Molina and is scheduled to hit theaters in March 4, 2011.

Watch First Official Movie Trailer *okay*

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Showing na bukas!
  • paddylastpaddylast PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yay! can't wait to see this!!! :bounce:

I even bought a Rango toy at some fast food stores! yay!!!

I read some of the reviews and most of them are very positive! :)
  • last.dodo.birdlast.dodo.bird PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Well Rango turned out to be better than I thought it would be: Stunning animation, a good number of awesomely funny moments, some cool satire and film references, interesting philosophical/(existentialist?) undertones. Hardly a kid's film; excellent animated film for adults.

Going back to the animation, I really mean stunning. The attention to detail, contrast, light and shadows... ILM has done well. Time for Pixar to lose Best Animated Feature.

*okay*
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Well Rango turned out to be better than I thought it would be: Stunning animation, a good number of awesomely funny moments, some cool satire and film references, interesting philosophical/(existentialist?) undertones. Hardly a kid's film; excellent animated film for adults.

Going back to the animation, I really mean stunning. The attention to detail, contrast, light and shadows... ILM has done well. Time for Pixar to lose Best Animated Feature.

*okay*

Looks like the fellas at De Rat House would have to concede this time.

Like, what "kiddie" film would throw in casually Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas and Chinatown references???
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Agree, the animation was stunning! And yeah the movie is not really "pambata"
  • paddylastpaddylast PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I totally adore this film!!!! genius!!!! 9.5/10