Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

Good Hunting Ground for Searchers and Searchees

Where do you go to actively hunt for a potential bf/gf ?

School and Workplace are the most common places we socialize and find a partner. But after we graduate, there's no more school. Then, at work, the people we meet are quite few and limited. How do we expand our options and choices? Where should we display ourselves? Or where do we fish or find our catch of the moment?

pwede na ring, how do you fish for your catch???:naughty:

Comments

• goat1230goat1230 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    except online,
    partying, out of town trips, and the likes.
    i'd rather not get a partner who works at the same company as I am to avoid complications
  • rickymrickym PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    if i were looking for a partner, i'd go to 'interest groups'.
  • friends of friends of friends
  • Weddings! :D Even if they are of the rarest of occasions. Why? because, first, you are at your best-dressed (suit and oxfords, ftuv *okay*) Second, you and your potential partner probably know each other and have a common point of reference (i.e, the couple). Third, it's a cool and fun time.

A close second would be parties hosted by friends. I find bars too artificial.

But then, even everyday mundane things can be opportunities to make that serendipitous conversation. ;)
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Rookie ⭐
    Studies say that most people find partners, including those they cheat with, at work.
  • Weddings! :D Even if they are of the rarest of occasions. Why? because, first, you are at your best-dressed (suit and oxfords, ftuv *okay*) Second, you and your potential partner probably know each other and have a common point of reference (i.e, the couple). Third, it's a cool and fun time.

A close second would be parties hosted by friends. I find bars too artificial.

But then, even everyday mundane things can be opportunities to make that serendipitous conversation. ;)

I like these suggestions, especially the last paragraph. Serendipity is a good match-maker if only people will keep their eyes and ears open for untapped opportunities.

May I add other gatherings of common interests, such as sports or athletic clubs, museums, theaters, libraries, etc.
  • Wowwowwee or Eat Bulaga. Guys try niyo mag park doon. Start niyo engine pag malapit ng maglabasan mga tsiks. mestiza, morena, chinay. All you can eat buffet siya. Weed out niyo na lang ang di niyo type ok
  • freshbabefreshbabe PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    - i like it at work or online, nakakainis na kasi yung reto..
    para kasing orchestrated ng friend eh.. worst pa dun
    parang pinag-pasapasahan kung di pumasa dun sa friend ko
    sa kin naman ibubugaw, or yung patay na patay pala sa kaniya
    kahit commited na siya eh sa kin ipapasa, malamang sa kaniya pa
    rin ang focus nung [email protected](this happened nung bf pa lang ni friend
    yung hubby niya ngayon) may patay na patay sa
    kaniya. :rotflmao:

i prefer talaga sa work(before) now kasi unemployed ako, & kasi i really work in a company na marami talagang makikilala, pero depende na lang talaga din kung type ako.. kapag sa workplace para kasing abot-kamay at abot-tanaw mo lang. ang hirap din kapag mag-kaiba kayo ng industry., baka di niya maintindihan yung working hours ko. tapos kapag online i feel the mystery & excitement, anticipation of blind dates, although alam niyo na both hitsura ng isa't-isa thru online pics.
  • i learned my lesson, basta hindi officemate, i ended up resigning kasi a number of times kasi ayaw ko makita yung tao after the breakup (yup loser mode kung lagi ako nagreresign) pero this time any other location wag *** officemate.. sana yung tipong solo out of town trip tapos tipong pumapasyal *** din siya... wishful thinking hahahah
  • pushpoppushpop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

pwede na ring, how do you fish for your catch???:naughty:

nice one *okay*

ako, i try to expand my social circle. like i tell my friends to invite me to gimiks with their other friends that i dont know, so i'll get to meet new people in a "safe" environment :)
  • darmonxdarmonx PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Madalas akong ma-reto.
    1. A friend of a friend.
    2. A friend of a friend at work.
    3. A friend of a friend of my best friends sister's friend.
    4. A friend of a friend of my mother's friends's daughter...
    on and on...

the biggest effort here is you really have to go out. I repeat... you really have to go out.

kadalasan linalabas ko kahit hindi ko type dahil kaibigan kasi ng kaibigan ko. but by the end of the night kahit walang manyari I just gained myself a new friend who will eventually introduce me to her own set of friends and so on.

maraming isda diyan pero kailangan mong isagwan ang bangka mo dahil kung sa isang pwesto kalang... pare parehong klase ng isda ang mahuhuli mo. it's all about the effort.
    ... hayy... ang suplada ko pa naman, i really choose who i mingle with..(trust issues) but weird that i don't choose who i get close with. (kahit anung personality) :p i'm not really a social butterfly.

and i don't like clubbing or partying.. kahit family gathering sucks.. pero i like family outings(depende kung sinong family ang kasama) :hmm:
  • vincexvincex PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I get involved in several different activities, organizations, work, etc... ergo, increase in exposure and network.

Now as to some actual places.... now that would happen to be a trade secret hehehe
  • darmonxdarmonx PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    freshbabe wrote: »
    ... hayy... ang suplada ko pa naman, i really choose who i mingle with..(trust issues) but weird that i don't choose who i get close with. (kahit anung personality) :p i'm not really a social butterfly.

and i don't like clubbing or partying.. kahit family gathering sucks.. pero i like family outings(depende kung sinong family ang kasama) :hmm:

Okay lang ang suplada. Natural instinct lang siguro sa iyo yun. The point is to be out there where people can see you. Either you stand in one spot and throw your bait and see if anything bites or get on a boat and and use a net to catch lots of fish and take your pick or cook them all. Being sociable is natural for some but a learned behavior by most. Don't limit yourself.
  • Meanie!!Meanie!! PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Ako nirereto ako lagi nung mga friends ng parents ko sa mga anak/pamangkin/kakilala nila. Advantage din kasi pag good family background. Hehe. Meron pa nga yung i a-arranged marriage pa ako and to think lalake ako and di **** ako artistahin or something.

Isa pa dyan yung sports, gym, and friends of friends.

Work? Dati nag- medrep ako and wow mga pre, mamimili ka sa medreps and resident doctors. Ohhh that was the life.
  • Alpha_GreenAlpha_Green PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Meanie!! wrote: »

Work? Dati nag- medrep ako and wow mga pre, mamimili ka sa medreps and resident doctors. Ohhh that was the life.

FR naman diyan! FR! FR! FR!

:lol:
    darmonx wrote: »
    Okay lang ang suplada. Natural instinct lang siguro sa iyo yun. The point is to be out there where people can see you. Either you stand in one spot and throw your bait and see if anything bites or get on a boat and and use a net to catch lots of fish and take your pick or cook them all. Being sociable is natural for some but a learned behavior by most. Don't limit yourself.

^^^geesh.... with the industry i used to work with... and sa dami ng kumpanya na pinanggalingan ko, pakiramdam ko nga masyado nako na exposed, either with a bad reputation due to ugly gossips or bad impressions ---suplada looking nga ko eh:lol: eh tapos may hitsura pako.

pero kung ako lang talaga, gusto ko sumali sa mga hiking, running marathon, wall climbing, go karting eh... wala sa closefriends ko ang mahilig sa ganun. :rolleyes:
  • ^ok nga magdisplay kung mag-isa. mas approachable ka para sa ibang tao. walang harang o bantay. tsaka fresh start.
    ^ok nga magdisplay kung mag-isa. mas approachable ka para sa ibang tao. walang harang o bantay. tsaka fresh start.

^^^ yoko nga ang weird... baka masamang loob ang umatake sa kin :rotflmao:
  • Deleted ......