Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

You're Rereading What Book? Why? And For How Many Times Already?

There are books that really hook our interests and there are some that simply catch our hearts. The latter ones are the ones we usually fond of rereading over and over again, just to revisit and experience again the characters, the place, the emotions, and the events. They never stale,they just become... ummm... classics.

I created this thread because I am curious to know what books you just can't get enough of upon first, second, or third time of reading it. And may I know too your reason (aside of course from the ones I stated above). Lastly, for how many times already (that is, if you can still track it... LOL).

In advance, thanks for posting!*okay*

Comments

• nozmailnozmail PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i've only reread one book: back roads by tawni o'dell.

i love the altmyer kids. specially jody. so cute. :lol:

i want to reread stephen king's tommyknockers but i lost my copy. :(
  • Angelas Ashes by Frank McCourt.

His memoir is so funny, ^_^

anyway

@nozmail I want to reread Tommyknockers too since I didn't appreciate it when I first read it...
  • nozmail wrote: »

i want to reread stephen king's tommyknockers but i lost my copy. :(

The first I read The Tommyknockers was in high school, I bought a paperback form of it at National Bookstore for 300 plus. The second time around, I was already working, but I already have a hardbound copy of it which I bought for P50 at Booksale. He he he...

What's interesting about the book is how King meticulously crafted and stringed together the life story of each character to make a grand novel of pure horror. The slow transformation of the town's folks into extraterrestrial-like creatures and the events that took place while the transformations were going on were something that haunted me even in my sleep after reading the book.*okay*

Yeah, the book is worth the reread (and I must say that King is still the master storyteller).;)
  • yeah I was anticipating what fate will come to the next character( I remember Jesus came to life on that book)

now I want to watch the TV series haha
  • yeah I was anticipating what fate will come to the next character( I remember Jesus came to life on that book)

now I want to watch the TV series haha

Now that was one of the scariest parts! Ha ha ha... And remember the fate of Sissy, the old man, and Roberta's dog? They were hanging upside down with wires or tubes (?) attached to their, were they half opened (?), heads which were connected to the washing machine! Remember the swooshing sound of the washing machine as green light filled the room where they were kept? And remember how Hilly teleported his younger brother to another planet just by modifying the sewing machine powered by batteries? Totally chilling.
  • Emily Bronte's The Wuthering Heights

Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird

J. D. Salinger's The Catcher In The Rye

Anna Quindlen's One True Thing

Virginia Woolf's To The Lighthouse

Charles Frazier's Cold Mountain

Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series

Reason: Simple, I just adore these works.

(Sorry, I can no longer count how many times I've read them over and over again.)
  • quick_benquick_ben PEx Rookie ⭐
    Haha..

Usually if I like a book I reread it. That way I would understand it better therefore enjoy it more.

Now if I re-reread the book again (Read a certain book 3 times or more), now THAT I consider rereading. :lol:

I'm a fantasy fan, so...
    Lord of the Rings - I used to read it once every year.
    Dune - probably read it 5 times already. And I'm planning to read it again this year.

For non-fantasy:
    Shogun - this one I've counted. I've read it first waaaaaay back in 1985. I've probably read it 9 times now.

Like I said, most books that I've liked I've read twice.
  • Ms_Idiot wrote: »

Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird

Anna Quindlen's One True Thing

Charles Frazier's Cold Mountain

I have a copy of these books! So far, To Kill A Mockingbird is in the top of my record. I think I've reread it several times already, almost every year! I'm a big fan of Scout! I want to have a sister like her. Ha ha ha...

Cold Mountain I have read twice and One True Thing once.
  • quick_ben wrote: »
    Haha..

I'm a fantasy fan, so...
    Lord of the Rings - I used to read it once every year.
    Dune - probably read it 5 times already. And I'm planning to read it again this year.

I love the Lord of the Rings, the masterpieces of Tolkien are my standards for other fantasy works. I've read the trilogy twice, way back in high school and then in college, and it's prequel The Hobbit once. Hmmm... Maybe I'll read it again this year if I have the time. *okay*
  • I usually reread comic strip volumes(doonesbury, pugad baboy,kiko machine, etc.) and shory story anthologies, but i've probably read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory about 15 times. Ang sarap talaga basahin nung iba't-ibang candies!
  • the greatest saleman by og mandino

short and inspiring
  • Now that was one of the scariest parts! Ha ha ha... And remember the fate of Sissy, the old man, and Roberta's dog? They were hanging upside down with wires or tubes (?) attached to their, were they half opened (?), heads which were connected to the washing machine! Remember the swooshing sound of the washing machine as green light filled the room where they were kept? And remember how Hilly teleported his younger brother to another planet just by modifying the sewing machine powered by batteries? Totally chilling.

I forgot those scenes, have you read this book recently?

anyway my favorite part is the ending *okay*
  • Anne of Green Gables for nth time!♥

why: I love the story of Anne who has to live with being born different and finding acceptance with the unlikeliest of folks.
    Also, the rural setting is very vividly described plus the simplicity of their lifestyle is truly a great pull to live life simply but with true meaning.
  • ^ dahil sa post mo naalala ko inulit ko ng isang beses yung

Adventures Of Huck Finn

ni Mark Twain haha ganda kasi eh
  • I forgot those scenes, have you read this book recently?

anyway my favorite part is the ending *okay*

Nope I haven't. But the story still haunts me. ;)
  • I usually reread comic strip volumes(doonesbury, pugad baboy,kiko machine, etc.) and shory story anthologies, but i've probably read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory about 15 times. Ang sarap talaga basahin nung iba't-ibang candies!

It's a good thing 'di ka nagka-develop ng diabetes mellitus. He he he... :D

Adventures Of Huck Finn

Kindly include too his work Tom Sawyer! These books about Huck and Tom often bring out the child in me every time I read them. It also remind me of my naughty deeds back when I was a kid. :D
  • Thanks for all those who posted. Okay, I think it's high time that I should also post mine (naks!). Here are the list of books that I have read more than twice:

01. To Kill A Mockingbird

02. Great Expectations

03. The Scarlet Letter

04. Interview With The Vampire

05. The Vampire Lestat

06. Queen of the Damned

07. The Tale of the Body Thief

08. Memnoch The Devil

09. The Witching Hour

10. Lasher

11. Taltos

12. Servant of the Bones

14. Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt

15. Christ the Lord: The Road To Cana

13. The Alchemist

14. The Little Prince

15. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

16. Beloved

17. Da Vinci Code

18. A Time To Kill

19. Northern Lights (a.k.a. The Golden Compass)

20. The Subtle Knife

21. The Amber Spyglass

So far, those are the books that I could recall na paulit-ulit kong binabasa. Marami pa, di ko na matandaan yung iba. I'll just post them later if maalala ko.
  • I forgot to include pala The Shining, The Hunger Games, and Catching Fire. He he he... :D

Adventures Of Huck Finn

Maganda rin works ni Mark Twain.*okay*
    Pati Black Beauty ni Anna Sewell at Jungle Book ni R. Kipling gusto ko na rin basahin ulit.*okay*