Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

if you had enough money to sustain yourself throughout your life...

if you had enough money to sustain yourself throughout your life, you never age and continue to be healthy and good looking. if you continue to be acceptable to the opposite sex regardless of your age. if you can continue having flings and have good looking people who genuinely love you.

will you even want to get married?
«13

Comments

  • GanttGantt PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Given someone can accept me despite the condition, I might give it a go.
    Especially now that I understand its an uncomparable experience.
  • yes.. i'd like to have someone to share my life with eh..
    i don't need to have lots of flings, or lots of good looking people to genuinely love me
    only one will do (aside from family and friends) ;)
  • JUST_JTJUST_JT PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'd prefer marriage which brings STABILITY, PREDICTABILITY and TRANQUILITY.

    -Just_JT
    Banging.around.forever.is.chaotic.
  • rickym wrote: »
    if you had enough money to sustain yourself throughout your life, you never age and continue to be healthy and good looking. if you continue to be acceptable to the opposite sex regardless of your age. if you can continue having flings and have good looking people who genuinely love you.

    will you even want to get married?

    This is impossible, But if only that is the case, then there is no reason to marry, since the reason for marriage is already fulfilled by the statement above.

    Marriages, Love and companionship only occurs when someone has a void that another person fulfills it. :bop: (Filling the Void Theory)

    But if there is no void (like the statement above) then there is no reason for marriage to happen.

    My 2 cents.
  • rickym wrote: »
    if you had enough money to sustain yourself throughout your life, you never age and continue to be healthy and good looking. if you continue to be acceptable to the opposite sex regardless of your age. if you can continue having flings and have good looking people who genuinely love you.

    will you even want to get married?

    of course I will still get married...
    Question for TS : are you married?? do you regret that you ever get married... hehe just noticed it :bashful:
  • JUST_JT wrote: »
    I'd prefer marriage which brings STABILITY, PREDICTABILITY and TRANQUILITY.

    -Just_JT
    Banging.around.forever.is.chaotic.

    I will agree with
    ex sex magnate :lol:
  • rickymrickym PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    of course I will still get married...
    Question for TS : are you married?? do you regret that you ever get married... hehe just noticed it :bashful:

    am separated, practically annulled.

    i live rather simply so my low income is actually no problem. i'm also basically a loner so i don't need any void to fill and since i can be very sociable i don't think i'll ever lack any true friends even well into my old age. just two days ago i met a lot of new people who worked in international ngo's. yesterday, i met a vegetarian.

    should i even grow old and unproductive, i won't hesitate to wish myself to die, something i think old people do. i've seen and heard a lot of people who when they decided to die, died promptly with no need of any physical procedure towards death, so legally it's not euthanasia. besides i'm not religious, so i also have no problems with euthanasia or even suicide.

    i actually made this thread because i wanted to confirm my belief that a significant amount of people get married not necessarily out of genuine love for their spouse, but basically out of reasons of financial, emotional or whatever instability when they grow old in the future. if not, it's due to a void, possibly emotional, which resides within them for lack of a partner.
  • freshbabefreshbabe PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    siyempre. :hmm:

    sayang naman yung mga dream wedding thoughts ko, ang lagay
    eh... dream na lang ba yun? iba pa rin kapag married eh.
    saka mas nakakalamang talaga ang babae, kaya guys nga are
    skeptic with marriage...(yung mga di handa or maloko)
    kumbaga -LEGAL WIFE diba?? :lol:
  • freshbabefreshbabe PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    rickym wrote: »
    am separated, practically annulled.

    i live rather simply so my low income is actually no problem. i'm also basically a loner so i don't need any void to fill and since i can be very sociable i don't think i'll ever lack any true friends even well into my old age. just two days ago i met a lot of new people who worked in international ngo's. yesterday, i met a vegetarian.

    should i even grow old and unproductive, i won't hesitate to wish myself to die, something i think old people do. i've seen and heard a lot of people who when they decided to die, died promptly with no need of any physical procedure towards death, so legally it's not euthanasia. besides i'm not religious, so i also have no problems with euthanasia or even suicide.

    i actually made this thread because i wanted to confirm my belief that a significant amount of people get married not necessarily out of genuine love for their spouse, but basically out of reasons of financial, emotional or whatever instability when they grow old in the future. if not, it's due to a void, possibly emotional, which resides within them for lack of a partner.

    ^^^ it's a big baggage you have there. marriage seals the deal... for me., baka naman yang notions mo eh... sa sarili mo eh, nararamdaman mo yan... those in bold letters. kasi kahit yata sociable ka, at san damakmak ang acquaintances mo... they're just acquaintances & iba pa rin yung mas deeper level of connection with someone.
  • rickymrickym PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    B?t41? wrote: »
    This is impossible, But if only that is the case, then there is no reason to marry, since the reason for marriage is already fulfilled by the statement above.

    Marriages, Love and companionship only occurs when someone has a void that another person fulfills it. :bop: (Filling the Void Theory)

    But if there is no void (like the statement above) then there is no reason for marriage to happen.

    My 2 cents.

    the first example is quite impossible, but let us get a simpler and more plausible scenario.

    your assets are such that they can provide a steady income for you and your future caregiver since your fixed assets appreciate over time and the dividends you reap are enough to cover your daily and even emergency expenses. you live a simple life in the province.

    you may grow old and look old but your friendliness makes you father and grandfather of all the kids in your neighborhood in the province. i've actually asked people from the province around about this, they said it is actually very plausible. the parents won't get jealous with the situation. you may not have a sex life unless of course you are willing to pay for sex elsewhere.

    as far as emergency money for debilitating diseases are concerned, you make a will stating that if you ever become a vegetable, for your relatives to pull the plug. of course check on the legality of this.

    and of course accept death when it comes.
  • rickymrickym PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    freshbabe wrote: »
    ^^^ it's a big baggage you have there. marriage seals the deal... for me., baka naman yang notions mo eh... sa sarili mo eh, nararamdaman mo yan... those in bold letters. kasi kahit yata sociable ka, at san damakmak ang acquaintances mo... they're just acquaintances & iba pa rin yung mas deeper level of connection with someone.

    here in the city i might agree, but in the province you'll be very surprised. i was in baguio last year and was so surprised at the friendliness of people. i honestly thought they were after money, but i made them barat and they were still there. i asked a friend who lived in baguio during her college days and she said that it's really like that. you ask them a simple question and they are so genuinely interested in helping you with your problem even if you are only a stranger. sometimes it's already too much.

    actually i don't know about the other men. men do get lonely, but they don't need as deep a connection with their partner as the deepness of women with men. men easily get suffocated.

    and that's the worst case scenario, i'm a loner. all my friends know that, if all of them disappear right now. i would still be able to get a good night's sleep.
  • rickymrickym PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    rickym wrote: »
    i actually made this thread because i wanted to confirm my belief that a significant amount of people get married not necessarily out of genuine love for their spouse, but basically out of reasons of financial, emotional or whatever instability when they grow old in the future. if not, it's due to a void, possibly emotional, which resides within them for lack of a partner.
    freshbabe wrote: »
    ^^^ it's a big baggage you have there. marriage seals the deal... for me., baka naman yang notions mo eh... sa sarili mo eh, nararamdaman mo yan... those in bold letters. kasi kahit yata sociable ka, at san damakmak ang acquaintances mo... they're just acquaintances & iba pa rin yung mas deeper level of connection with someone.

    void? not with me, my first gf was 26. was never really lonely before that.

    deeper level of connection? i don't think all men are like that? i'm not even sure if a lot of men are like that.

    for me, i like a deep level of connection. when i was young, i was thinking of three levels, kilig, affection and lust. if i can't get two out of three i don't court, simple as that. of course she must pass in terms of mental capability and compatibility as well.

    nowadays, i still look for those three but not necessarily from the same girl. much simpler, and since it's easier to get i can now manage very deep connections. i can get into them without hesitation and i can back out of them just as easily.
  • rickymrickym PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    bold is mine
    freshbabe wrote: »
    siyempre. :hmm:

    sayang naman yung mga dream wedding thoughts ko, ang lagay
    eh... dream na lang ba yun? iba pa rin kapag married eh.
    saka mas nakakalamang talaga ang babae, kaya guys nga are
    skeptic with marriage...(yung mga di handa or maloko)
    kumbaga -LEGAL WIFE diba?? :lol:

    so you admit it's the woman's advantage. so tell us honestly, if you were a man, would you get married?
  • ground_breakground_break PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'd rather grow old and be married...

    Life is more meaningful that way...
  • mala- Edward Cullen ba kunwari ito? :D
  • rickym wrote: »
    am separated, practically annulled.

    i live rather simply so my low income is actually no problem. i'm also basically a loner so i don't need any void to fill and since i can be very sociable i don't think i'll ever lack any true friends even well into my old age. just two days ago i met a lot of new people who worked in international ngo's. yesterday, i met a vegetarian.

    should i even grow old and unproductive, i won't hesitate to wish myself to die, something i think old people do. i've seen and heard a lot of people who when they decided to die, died promptly with no need of any physical procedure towards death, so legally it's not euthanasia. besides i'm not religious, so i also have no problems with euthanasia or even suicide.

    i actually made this thread because i wanted to confirm my belief that a significant amount of people get married not necessarily out of genuine love for their spouse, but basically out of reasons of financial, emotional or whatever instability when they grow old in the future. if not, it's due to a void, possibly emotional, which resides within them for lack of a partner.

    u remind me of lolo gigit *survivor philippines* aka the lonerider (www.thelonerider.com)
  • JUST_JTJUST_JT PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    rickym wrote: »
    am separated, practically annulled.

    i live rather simply so my low income is actually no problem. i'm also basically a loner so i don't need any void to fill and since i can be very sociable i don't think i'll ever lack any true friends even well into my old age. just two days ago i met a lot of new people who worked in international ngo's. yesterday, i met a vegetarian.

    Separated, check.
    Low income, check.
    Loner, check.
    Keeps creating LAME THREADS, check.

    I therefore conclude that YOU'RE A BIG LOSER!!! :glee: :glee: :glee:

    -Just_JT
    Who.has.no.life.but.post.RUBBISH.on.LCM. :bounce2:
  • pristonpikerpristonpiker PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    eto na naman si tatang eh..imbis na encourage is TS tsk2
  • scottstorchscottstorch PEx Rookie ⭐
    Given the scenario, I will not get married. It's a heavy burden for my wife and kids imagine my wife already in her 60s or 70s and my kids already in their 40s and 50s and I'm still on my prime, looking 20s. It's like the movie forever young.

    Might as well use my good looks and enjoy my money to party, invest in some business and have all the girls at my disposal.

    Well that's my take on the topic.
  • freshbabefreshbabe PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    rickym wrote: »
    bold is mine



    so you admit it's the woman's advantage. so tell us honestly, if you were a man, would you get married?

    you really got issues with marriage. :lol:
Sign In or Register to comment.