Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

Green Hornet (2011)

In the film, Britt Reid (Seth Rogen), son and heir to Los Angeles’ largest newspaper fortune, is a rich, spoiled playboy who has been happy to maintain a direction-less existence. When his father James Reid (Tom Wilkinson) mysteriously dies, Britt meets an impressive and resourceful company employee, Kato (Jay Chou). They realize that they have the resources to do something worthwhile with their lives and finally step out of James Reid’s shadow.

Kato builds the ultimate weapon, The Black Beauty, an indestructible car with every weapon and gadget imaginable and Britt decides that in order to be heroes, they will pose as villains. With the help of Britt’s new secretary, Lenore Case (Cameron Diaz), they learn that the chief criminal in the city is named Benjamin Chudnofsky (Christoph Waltz). He has united all the gangs under his power, and he quickly sees that the Green Hornet is a direct threat to the prosperous criminal underworld he controls.

See First Trailer and First Set of Official Photos

Comments

• QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    FatFingerz wrote: »
    In the film, Britt Reid (Seth Rogen), son and heir to Los Angeles’ largest newspaper fortune, is a rich, spoiled playboy who has been happy to maintain a direction-less existence. When his father James Reid (Tom Wilkinson) mysteriously dies, Britt meets an impressive and resourceful company employee, Kato (Jay Chou). They realize that they have the resources to do something worthwhile with their lives and finally step out of James Reid’s shadow.

Kato builds the ultimate weapon, The Black Beauty, an indestructible car with every weapon and gadget imaginable and Britt decides that in order to be heroes, they will pose as villains. With the help of Britt’s new secretary, Lenore Case (Cameron Diaz), they learn that the chief criminal in the city is named Benjamin Chudnofsky (Christoph Waltz). He has united all the gangs under his power, and he quickly sees that the Green Hornet is a direct threat to the prosperous criminal underworld he controls.

Saw the trailer....*sound of lower mandible dropping on floor*

At least they didn't cast John Cho as Kato...liked Jay Chou though in Kung Fu Dunk.

Seth has seemingly trimmed down to fighting form....
  • coppia_carinacoppia_carina PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    saw seth rogen in person during his jimmy kimmel live taping..and he is really skinny... he said that after shooting the film, he planned to pig out but then realized that he still had to do promotions..people may not believe that he is the green hornet so he tried to stay thin..haha... :lol:
  • MrSinisterMrSinister PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    wow, surprisingly looks good *okay*
  • rictos16rictos16 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    mas astig pa si kato kay green hornet. haha
  • InsaniacInsaniac PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    not bad...
  • sickmaggotsickmaggot PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    rictos16 wrote: »

I agree :lol:
  • FatFingerz wrote: »

Jay Chou looks like Bruce Lee's Kato *okay*
  • i love Seth Rogen, he's funny. Hope this will be good.
    The Green Hornet International Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihErU7qL2zU
  • MasterVaderMasterVader PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Isn't Kato a Filipino... Anyway.
  • maysapawmaysapaw Australian Open 2020 Participant 🎾
    up for this thread.

i'm planning to watch this on saturday :)
  • rictos16 wrote: »

kahit noong una pang version ng green hornet :lol:
    I already brought this up, 4 posts ago :D... but for additional info, Kato is a Filipino during GH's radio drama run, then made Japanese-Filipino at the time of the TV series (and was played by Bruce Lee). And since John Cho, this films' Kato, is the only face of the Asians in Hollywood (unless you count Rain), he also played a popular half-filipino in another franchise, Sulu in Star Trek. (Note that Sulu is supposed to be a Filipino surname).
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I already brought this up, 4 posts ago :D... but for additional info, Kato is a Filipino during GH's radio drama run, then made Japanese-Filipino at the time of the TV series (and was played by Bruce Lee). And since John Cho, this films' Kato, is the only face of the Asians in Hollywood (unless you count Rain), he also played a popular half-filipino in another franchise, Sulu in Star Trek. (Note that Sulu is supposed to be a Filipino surname).

Wrong...Kato in this installment is played by Taiwanese-born actor Jay Chou (he was good in Kung Fu Dunk).
  • Sulu in Star Trek. (Note that Sulu is supposed to be a Filipino surname).

It's not though, not officially anyway. It's supposed to be a generic Asian name which is why they named him after the Sulu sea(the sea that touches all shores),at least that's how George Takei tells it. The Star Trek wiki has three different theories as to why his name is Sulu.

(1) Filipino father,
    (2) anglicized version of the japanese word "Tsuru"
    (3) a play on the name of production exec Herb Solow

On topic: I actually don't mind making Green Hornet an action-comedy flick. If they played it straight it'll just get unfairly compared to Batman and Britt Reid's ancestor Lone Ranger.
    Magkaiba pala sila. My bad.
  • ground_breakground_break PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Magkaiba pala sila. My bad.

akala ko din si john cho si kato sa trailer... :rotflmao:
  • letran_jletran_j PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ‘Green Hornet’ Earns Estimated $550,000 at Midnight Showings
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Saw the trailer last night when I watched The Tourist. It didn't appeal to me at all. :(