GOOD DAY PEXERS!

If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us an email at [email protected]

Thanks,
PExer99

Puss in Boots movie (2011)

MrSinisterMrSinister Destroyer of Senses PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
capture214200974012pm31.jpg

Puss in Boots - one of the most beloved characters of the Skrek universe - tels the hilarious and courageous (daring, bold, brave) tale of Puss's (Antonio Banderas) early adventures as he teams with mastermind Humpty Dumpty (Zack Galifianakis) and the street savvy Kitty (Salma Hayek) to steal the famed Goose that lays the Golden Eggs.

DreamWorks Animation has unveiled the official website for its upcoming animated family adventure Puss in Boots, which offers a first glimpse of the film's main female character, Kitty, voiced by Salma Hayek.

phoacuts57djqx2m.jpg

Comments

• MrSinisterMrSinister Destroyer of Senses PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    9uyz2g.jpg

Puss in Boots – One of the most beloved characters of the Shrek Universe – tells the hilarious and courageous (daring, bold, brave) tale of Puss’ (Antonio Banderas) early adventures as he teams with mastermind Humpty Dumpty (Zach Galifianakis) and the street-savvy Kitty (Salma Hayek) to steal the famed Goose that lays the Golden Eggs.

trailer:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/v/Htwiwtbnlqg[/video]
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    I saw a footage earlier during the Paramount roadshow, and it had a lot of funny moments. If that's an indication of what the movie will be, then this will be better than the last 2 movies of Shrek. I'm looking forward to this, hope it's good. :)
  • bluspiritbluspirit Member PExer
    interesting puss in boots got his own movie.... it puss time now not shrek...
  • QT IIQT II Bee-doh bee-doh bee-doh bee PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Desperado reunion!!!!
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    I think it will be shown on November 4.
    I'll post again when I have the final date.
  • mae_bo112mae_bo112 Member PExer
    Gusto ko mapanood yan!!! Showing na ba?
  • Smurfs1992Smurfs1992 nowhere to go Idol Philippines Game Runner-Up 🏅🎤
    I want to watch this too, love this feline character in Shrek...
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Opens today in local cinemas :)
  • Lola_RoseLola_Rose IMPERSONATED PExer
    8013232_orig.jpg

El gato!

Who the heck does not know the swashbuckling, debonair, fighter and lover Puss in Boots? The guys behind the now-over Shrek series gave our favorite Espanol outlaw gato its own full length feature film knowing very well how the delightfully contrasting character of Puss, the generic orange-and-white tomcat with the deep and sensual, latin lover voice of Antonio Banderas, has captivated the world, going down as the cutest animated thing in animation history.

In Puss in Boots, a prequel to the Shrek series, we are reeled back in time to discover the roots and the legend of Puss and his Corinthian-leather boots and how he came to be an outlaw. And then we are shot back to present day where Puss is reunited after seven years with his childhood friend-turned-enemy: the breakfasty smelling Humpty Alexander Dumpty (Zach Galifianakis), a bad news egg with self-esteem issues and whose self-pitying nature has evolved into the dangerous geek-outcast-turned-mastermind-terrorist kind. A minion and a sidekick by nature, Puss reluctantly teams up with the apologetic Humpty to the greatest score ever: steal the magic beans from an old, ugly, and burly married couple, Jack and Jill (Billy Bob Thornton and Amy Sedaris), climb the beanstalk, and snatch the golden eggs from the sky castle-- the stolen goods a way to redeem Puss' reputation in his hometown of San Ricardo. But the heist team also involves what Puss lovingly describes as an "attractive devil woman," Kitty Softpaws (Salma Hayek).

Puss-in-Boots-and-Kitty-Softpaws-300x126.jpg

Twisting our beloved childhood fairy tales for humor is the core element of the film's screenplay. However, it will barely tickle your funny bone (unless you laugh easily). Although the popular fairy tale characters are impressively expressive and creatively modified, and the plot well-crafted, the humor is thin and some of the lines are plain and predictable that those looking for gut laughter will go home unsatisfied. Puss and Kitty Softpaws' playful banter and inside jokes are targeted to the adults but can only go so far as to make us smile. Probably the best laughter-inducing factor here is Humpty, whose uncoordinated and limited movements due to his shape will crack you up all the time.

2.jpg

The Dreamworks animation is superb; the details, the colors, and the effects are polished, rich and vivid, and the trip up to the sky castle is breathtakingly beautiful. And with the 3D effect, Puss' cuteness was multiplied a hundred times, the cuteness making you a little crazy and you just want to grab the gigantic 3D face of Puss and smother him with kisses.

Puss in Boots, directed by Shrek director Chris Miller, is a film oozing with cuteness in every corner, making your dopamine levels go all silly but will leave you itching for more wit and humor. Recommended for cat lovers, visual people, the kids, and the kids at heart, Puss in Boots is a visually striking, unexceptional adventure story more fitting to be watched in 3D for maximum visual experience.

6.5 out of 10

Now showing in theaters near you.

:moviebuff:

From the Official PEx Movie Reviews thread

Trailer
  • mikomousemikomouse Member PExer
    I wonder what they mean by "Even Dog People Love Me" as the tagline?

parang may pagka-racial towards Filipinos, or I'm just being OA.
  • annelcerichannelcerich |Electric Feel| PExer
    ^ tawa kami sa line na yan :lol:

i thought maybe simply talking about dogs the animal...meh? or people who hates/grossed out by cats?

just the movie is so entertaining. super laugh trip. no boring moments!

super worth it!
  • SweetkaySweetkay looking for my next mistake PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I'm planning on watching this with my kid next Sunday. Siguro naman palabas pa to. :)
  • kinetic_soldierkinetic_soldier House Harkonnen PExer
    "Cat people are crazy." :D
  • amsm07amsm07 Quema los Burros PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    mikomouse wrote: »

kalurkey ka naman :lol: ano iniisip mo? yung dog-eating people? :rotflmao:

i think the tagline simply means that even dog-lovers would love a ***** i mean puss
  • I saw this earlier. Ok naman yung movie. 'Twas fun. I laughed at some parts. Mas gusto ko pa rin talaga yung Disney/Pixar movies.*okay*
  • sydrifiedsydrified www.sydrified.org PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    medyo disappointing siya. ang daming palabok ng movie. sana ginawa na talaga nila na mala-desperado. parang iniba lang nila setup ng shrek. pwede na naman nilang ma-alter yun e.

http://www.sydrified.org/2011/10/puss-in-boots-review.html
  • Lola_RoseLola_Rose IMPERSONATED PExer
    mikomouse wrote: »

Dog People = People who love dogs. People who prefer dogs over cats as pets.

Which means, sa soooooobrang adorable ni Puss, kahit mga dog people mahal sya. ;)

Meron ding cat people, mahilig naman sa pusa.
    kinda disappointed with the movie, not as good as the Shrek series

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file