Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

guys: please state the number of your past gf's and whether or not during that time..

guys: please state the number of your past gf's when you became on with them and whether or not during that time you considered them marriage material.

a lot of girls nowadays i meet will only go out with a guy if he is bf material. they don't seem to have any use for male friends. the funny thing is they don't seem to end up getting married to them.

i personally had this idea before that i will never bother courting a girl who i can't see myself married with in the future. but that's just me, and i think that's why my first and last gf was when i was around 26.

if majority of the guys become on with women for the future possibility of getting married, then maybe women who don't befriend men have a point. but if not, i think women should start befriending men even if they are not marriage material specially when they don't have a boyfriend.

Comments

• csmarycsmary PEx Rookie ⭐
    Sorry you are generalizing women so I have to butt in.

What? Where have you been all this time? . Have you heard of barkada? It's not a one gender or the other thing you know. You know what I mean.
  • pristonpikerpristonpiker PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    rickym wrote: »
    guys: please state the number of your past gf's when you became on with them and whether or not during that time you considered them marriage material.

a lot of girls nowadays i meet will only go out with a guy if he is bf material. they don't seem to have any use for male friends. the funny thing is they don't seem to end up getting married to them.

i personally had this idea before that i will never bother courting a girl who i can't see myself married with in the future. but that's just me, and i think that's why my first and last gf was when i was around 26.

if majority of the guys become on with women for the future possibility of getting married, then maybe women who don't befriend men have a point. but if not, i think women should start befriending men even if they are not marriage material specially when they don't have a boyfriend.

was 26 :eek:

tanda mo na pala kuya hehe..

well haha depende naman sa edad yan kung sa mga kasing edad ko yan (late teens) eh hindi pa mag iisip yan ng kasal kasal *okay*
  • vincexvincex PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I had 2 gf's. Yes I was considering them as marriage material.

But it is also a process of elimination. If there are qualities that are detrimental to a relation that come out, I would have to get rid of them. But generally speaking, I already had the preliminary evaluation.

But normally most guys get involved for the sake of sex and companionship, not marriage and get rid of the girl when it is no longer to their convenience.

A lot of girls attribute it to "it didn't work out" but they don't realize that they guy just wanted to get involved and that marriage is the furthest thing from their minds.
  • vincexvincex PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    csmary wrote: »
    Sorry you are generalizing women so I have to butt in.

What? Where have you been all this time? . Have you heard of barkada? It's not a one gender or the other thing you know. You know what I mean.

I think I would like to butt in with this matter. Barkada is one thing. Friends are another. Although supposedly barkada falls in the subset of friends.

Before I make my statements, I know a lot of geniuses here in PEX will start making retorts about "my statistics", "generalization" and "those are the people you know.." (and much more)
    • I happen to be directly closely acquainted to hundreds, if not more than a thousand women.
    • I'm very friendly and I like to make acquaintances with all kinds of people.
    • Out of all of them, very few are really "friends"... and that's because we knew each other for a very long time.
    • The other close "friends" (girls) I have are ugly, fat, or possess some other quality generally unacceptable (read:unmarketable) to males.
    • I try to befriend everyone.
    • Usually girls with partners (bf,husband, other love interest) usually don't mind me. But those that are having problems often pay attention to me.
    • The ones that do pay attention to me that are unattached usually leave if they discover 1. I have no (romantic/relational) interest in them, 2. They are not "bagay" with me (too young, too old, too rich, too poor, incompatible philosophy et al).
    • So far, most of the girls I "hang out" with are the ones who have certain levels of interest with me.

I'm not saying that guys don't practice the same policy as women but I noticed that women are less often amenable to making guy friends as guys are to girls. Guys have more openness in that matter.

Another matter I want to clarify:
    It is a classification of "friend" which is the result or consequence of a situation. Ex. neighbor, officemate, groupmate, classmate, common friends (read:barkada) et al.

these are "friends" as a consequence of a certain "reason". As opposed to my assertion above regarding befriending people for much less or no reason at all.

Conclusion. I think its better if I leave it up to the readers here :)
  • rickymrickym PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    well haha depende naman sa edad yan kung sa mga kasing edad ko yan (late teens) eh hindi pa mag iisip yan ng kasal kasal *okay*

that's the point, at what age do men start courting women for purposes of a future marriage?
  • badJayebadJaye PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    that's the point, at what age do men start courting women for purposes of a future marriage?

When men reaches the age of maturity. :lol:
  • freshbabefreshbabe PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

^^^ age matter... siguro kung nagkataon kayo pa rin when he reaches a point in his career or life na puwede na siya mag-settle down(Open na siya sa ganung idea)... ayun marriage material ka na sa lalaki.

let's say kung na-meet ko yung guy in his early twenties or college time...either naging kami or hinde... malamang ... i suppose marriage is far from his mind, and if ever na mapag-usapan yung mga ganun... parang pampakilig lang sa babae.