Home PEx Lifestyle Visas and Immigration

HELP PLEASE! Student Visa - Taiwan

Hello!
I graduated from college last March 2010 & then I got an MA scholarship (2 years) from the National Cheng Kung University for their fall semester. Everything is waived: tuition, books, accomodation, plus a monthly allowance of NTD$6,000.

But I'm worried about the visa application. I'm supposed to acquire a student resident visa.

Here are my concerns:
- The university sent an admission letter and a proof of the scholarship award. But it says that since the payment for the scholarship is not immediately given, I have to have enough funds with me to cover 2-3 months of living. So I guess I have to submit other financial supporting documents with me right?
-I'm particularly worried about that financial part. How much money do I need in my account to be approved? I only have around P50,000 in my account? ok na kaya 'to or kulang pa?

any guidelines/advice on what I should do to secure approval?
Thank you so much!

Comments

  • virstudvirstud PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    che019 wrote: »
    Hello!
    I graduated from college last March 2010 & then I got an MA scholarship (2 years) from the National Cheng Kung University for their fall semester. Everything is waived: tuition, books, accomodation, plus a monthly allowance of NTD$6,000.

    But I'm worried about the visa application. I'm supposed to acquire a student resident visa.

    Here are my concerns:
    - The university sent an admission letter and a proof of the scholarship award. But it says that since the payment for the scholarship is not immediately given, I have to have enough funds with me to cover 2-3 months of living. So I guess I have to submit other financial supporting documents with me right?
    -I'm particularly worried about that financial part. How much money do I need in my account to be approved? I only have around P50,000 in my account? ok na kaya 'to or kulang pa?

    any guidelines/advice on what I should do to secure approval?
    Thank you so much!

    P50,000 is way too small for 3 months of living in Taiwan. Taiwan ciost of living is high especially in Taipei. I suggest you find a local bank where you can apply a short term loan para lang maipondo mo sa saving account mo. This way, the Taiwan cultural office will be convinced that you can finance your stay in taiwan. Of course, you need to shell out for the interest.
  • thanks for replying....

    The university is in Tainan City and they also told me that I would only be needing around NTD$30,000 to get started since I am on scholarship. Do you think I can explain this to TECO and include it in my study plan?
  • n7610n7610 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    che019 wrote: »
    thanks for replying....

    The university is in Tainan City and they also told me that I would only be needing around NTD$30,000 to get started since I am on scholarship. Do you think I can explain this to TECO and include it in my study plan?

    was this the scholarship offer posted on taiwan embassy's website? :)

    anong MA if you don't mind? :)
  • n7610 wrote: »
    was this the scholarship offer posted on taiwan embassy's website? :)

    anong MA if you don't mind? :)


    nope. It's from the National Cheng Kung University. It's direct from the school, unlike dun sa website which is under the government. I will be taking up Sustainable Development Practice - Institute of Political Economy. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.