Home PEx Lifestyle Visas and Immigration

US Visa Stamping

silvermugsilvermug PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
I got my H1B status last year and never went out of country. I think they call it non-contiguous territory.

This December I am going home for a family visit and in order for me to get back to the US, I need to get a visa. I think they term it, "visa stamping".

I do not have much idea about this. I tried to search online for the reliable procedure but did not find from any of the US immigration/travel websites. I even went to the USCIS office here, but they said, they do not handle such case.

Can someone please help me find the "legitimate" procedure on how to go about this visa stamping? Just the link/url is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• go to us embassy manila website.. there is a procedure there..
  • silvermugsilvermug PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Yup, got it. Thanks for your reply.
  • silvermug,

you told us that you got your H1B visa. and now you're asking how do you go through visa stamping, it's confusing. or do you mean your H1B was approved and you adjusted your status while you are in the US, is that correct?
    Yes, you are correct. Sorry for the confusion. It was merely a change of status. I came here on a different visa. I will correct the post (if I can).
  • just an unsolicited advice, don't go home as you might risk an airport-to-airport scenario. why? you have violated your B1/B2 and looked for a job. technically you are legal, and you can go home. but you might encounter some problems with the CBP once you come back to the US. they might ask you to apply for a sticker-type visa from a US Consular Post. and when you apply for an H1B visa at an Embassy, there's a risk that it might be denied or delayed causing further problems with your employer. you might want to consult an immigration lawyer on this, this is just my opinion.
  • there's a relevant thread here, search for the H1B Visa.
    SuPeR_MaN wrote: »
    just an unsolicited advice, don't go home as you might risk an airport-to-airport scenario. why? you have violated your B1/B2 and looked for a job. technically you are legal, and you can go home. but you might encounter some problems with the CBP once you come back to the US. they might ask you to apply for a sticker-type visa from a US Consular Post. and when you apply for an H1B visa at an Embassy, there's a risk that it might be denied or delayed causing further problems with your employer. you might want to consult an immigration lawyer on this, this is just my opinion.
    Thanks for the reply. I am not well-versed on these things (I even had to look up B1/B2 :(). But ... I was not on a B visa before, I was on an F1 visa and then the employer changed my status when I graduated. Is that a violation of anything? :(
    there's a relevant thread here, search for the H1B Visa.
    Yeah, tried this. So many results! I have to start reading the posts....

Thanks again.
  • silvermug wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I am not well-versed on these things (I even had to look up B1/B2 :(). But ... I was not on a B visa before, I was on an F1 visa and then the employer changed my status when I graduated. Is that a violation of anything? :(

hindi siya actually violation, but they won't issue US visa (sticker-type) while you are on US soil, they will just give you a new I-94 with your status and the allowed duration of stay is also indicated. I have some friends who after finding a job while on B1/B2, had to travel to either Vancouver or Tijuana just to have the sticker-type visa on their passports so when they go back to the US, it will be hassle-free.
  • gotcha2gotcha2 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^hey I brought my 3 siblings to Toronto with a B1/B2 visa, bakit walang nakatatak sa passport nila. Tinanong lang ako kung what is my relation sa mga pasahero ko.
    hindi siya actually violation, but they won't issue US visa (sticker-type) while you are on US soil, they will just give you a new I-94 with your status and the allowed duration of stay is also indicated. I have some friends who after finding a job while on B1/B2, had to travel to either Vancouver or Tijuana just to have the sticker-type visa on their passports so when they go back to the US, it will be hassle-free.
    Yes, we can do that, too. It is just risky because (I think) if you do your visa stamping in Canada or Mexico, IF something happens -- you will be stuck there. You can not re-enter the US; as opposed to going to home country, kung may problema, at least you will be in your home country.

Just my opinion, though. :)