Home PEx Lifestyle Visas and Immigration

US Visa Stamping

silvermugsilvermug PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
I got my H1B visa last year and never went out of country. I think they call it non-contiguous territory.

This December I am going home for a family visit and in order for me to get back to the US, I need to get a visa. I think they term it, "visa stamping".

I do not have much idea about this. I tried to search online for the reliable procedure but did not find from any of the US immigration/travel websites. I even went to the USCIS office here, but they said, they do not handle such case.

Can someone please help me find the "legitimate" procedure on how to go about this visa stamping? Just the link/url is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JUST_JTJUST_JT PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Post your questions in Visa and Immigration subforum.

-Just_JT
    Where.your.questions.will.be.answered.
  • silvermugsilvermug PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I apologize and thanks for letting me know. Will do that.
  • silvermug,

you told us that you got your H1B visa. and now you're asking how do you go through visa stamping, it's confusing. or do you mean your H1B was approved and you adjusted your status while you are in the US, is that correct?
  • dogidogi PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Silvermug, you can ask the mod to move this to the Visa and Immigration subforum.

If you are currently in the US, the best thing to do is talk to your company lawyer and they will provide you the necessary steps and documentation needed for visa stamping.

You can visit this link for more info: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3024.html
  • silvermugsilvermug PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    dogi wrote: »
    Silvermug, you can ask the mod to move this to the Visa and Immigration subforum.

If you are currently in the US, the best thing to do is talk to your company lawyer and they will provide you the necessary steps and documentation needed for visa stamping.

You can visit this link for more info: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3024.html
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am going to ask the company lawyer for the steps. But I want to research first. I am starting to feel frustrated with the company lawyer because of the very poor progress on my green card application. That is why I am trying to research as much as I can AND THEN raising it to the HR (and to the lawyer). If not for the poor progress, I would not have to go through this hassle.

I have posted the same thread in the Visa and Immigration forum.

Not sure if this will work --
    Mod -- can you please kill this thread? Thanks and sorry for the bother.