Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

PRETTY LITTLE LIARS..share your secrets here! :)

pretty-little-liars-pilot-4.jpg
(S01E01) "Friends share secrets. That's what keeps us close." - Alison

What a fun show! 'Pretty Little Liars' is like 'Desperate Housewives,' 'Gossip Girl,' and maybe even a little 'Vampire Diaries' all rolled into one. I'm not sure if there are supernatural forces at work, but either the girls have entered an alternate universe, or that was Alison's ghost that Spencer saw through the window. At any rate, my prediction that it would be a great show is certainly coming true. Let's talk about it after the jump.

Our own Joel Keller thinks it will be a hit with teen girls, and that's also proving to be true if my daughter texting back and forth with her friends while watching the show is any indication. I think moms will love it, too. I was hooked from that beginning scene with the five girls in an outbuilding during a storm. Alison disappears, and Spencer thinks she heard her scream. Jump ahead a year, and the girls and their families are still trying to regroup after the tragedy.

I love that not only do we have Alison's mysterious disappearance (and what was that beverage they were drinking that night?), but also plenty of other secrets within the community of Rosewood. Let's break it down:

Byron: His secret seems pretty obvious. His daughter Aria caught him kissing a young-ish girl whom we later learned -- via Alison's message -- was a student. But did you notice that Ella seemed a little skeptical when she and Byron were talking? The wife always knows something's up. But what a horrible thing he's doing by asking Aria to keep the secret. A daughter shouldn't be burdened with that, and it makes me wonder about Byron's character.

Aria: First of all, she reminds me of Selena Gomez. And second, she's got a secret romantic entanglement of her own: that cute English teacher, Mr. Fitz. Is it really awful that I cheered quietly to myself when he grabbed her and kissed her at the end? I know a teacher shouldn't be making out with a student, but ... it doesn't hurt that he reminds me of Tom Welling.

Hanna: The shoplifter! And that's not the first time she's done it either, but it's the first time the cops cuffed her at her door and hauled her downtown. I just knew when we saw her mom through the doorway, talking to the cop -- with her sexy legs in full view -- that something would be happening. And sure enough ... that was him at the end, right? Or was I just hallucinating that her mom came in the door of their house making out with the cop and then they went upstairs as a horrified Hanna looked on? I guess her mom was right when she said she'd "take care of it," but still!

Emily: Is she a lesbian? Is that what the super-awkward kiss with Maya was all about? We know Emily's never smoked weed before, and she seems fairly conservative overall. Not that that means anything. Hmmm...

Spencer: She's already making eyes at Melissa's boyfriend Wren. Apparently, she's done this before. I totally think she should have moved into the barn-converted-into-a-loft, though. Something tells me she'll end up in there with Wren eventually.

So we know there's a killer at large in Rosewood, since Alison's body was found ... or was it? Maybe that's not her in the casket! What do you think's up with the Jenna thing, though? When her name came up, the girls said, "We made a promise." Why is she blind? Who's sending those messages to the girls?!

For the record, here they are:

"Aria -- Maybe he fools around with students all of the time. A lot of teachers do. Just ask your dad." - A

"Hey, Em. I've been replaced! You've found another friend to kiss!" - A

"Poor Spencer. Always wants Melissa's boyfriends. But remember, if you kiss I tell." - A

"Be careful, Hanna. I hear prison food makes you fat." - A

"I'm still here, *****es, and I know everything." - A

Ok, spill, people! What'd you think of 'Pretty Little Liars'? I absolutely can't wait for next week's episode.

Comments

• Bionic Woman's perky little sis and Ashley Benson FTW!
  • cecile_8cecile_8 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    wow, I've seen the first episode last night and it was great!!!......:)
  • I watched the Pilot yesterday. After that, I couldn't help myself and I ended up reading the whole book series summary on wikipedia. If it's gonna be anything like the book, then there's gonna be some serious sh...tuff that's going to happen. It kind of makes me wish that it won't be too much like the book.
  • it's basically a mashup of Desperate Housewives + Gossip Girl.

i just hope the suburban drama outweighs the tweeny girly stuff in future episodes.
  • so... the jenna thing intrigued me. what was it about? no, don't tell me. no, tell me. no, don't. gahh!
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Just watched the pilot, intriguing and scandalous yung story with teacher-student affair, smoking pot, lesbian sexual tension, shoplifting, murder pero yung execution in fairness wholesome pa rin despite all those stuff hehe .

Well I think hindi susundin masyado yung original book series kasi syempre sira na yung story nyan [binasa ko din sa wiki yung summary ng books hehe]. They will find another twist sa murderer ni Alison and who the heck is "A"

Nandito pala si Piper ng Charmed :D

The girls are supposed to be 16 right but Spencer and Emily don't like it all para silang mga ate nina Aria and Hana :glee:
  • yay akala ko wala pang thread 'to...

ang ganda ng pilot episode...nagustuhan ko agad :D

-A :lol:
  • Half-Filipina Shay Mitchell is a stand-out.
  • ^^ I thought this show's a comedy. I was surprised that it is quite "dark". I agree this is like Desperate Housewives + Gossip Girl. Nice to see that gal from Charmed and that dude from "Popular". Was the mom of Hanna the one who played Sydney in Melrose Place?

Em is half pinay pala. Kahawig niya yung isang actress dito na visible dati whose name skips me.
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Aizen-Sama wrote: »
    ^^ I thought this show's a comedy. I was surprised that it is quite "dark". I agree this is like Desperate Housewives + Gossip Girl. Nice to see that gal from Charmed and that dude from "Popular". Was the mom of Hanna the one who played Sydney in Melrose Place?

Em is half pinay pala. Kahawig niya yung isang actress dito na visible dati whose name skips me.

Yup, Laura Leighton
  • for me kahawig niya rin si Jessica Szohr :D
  • jaytot wrote: »
    maricar reyes?

maricar_reyes-200906020408003.jpg

nicole of pcd!

nicole_scherzinger_1105611.jpg

A much older actress. Character actress siya na hawig din ni Lumen of Surf. Ayun Tanya Gomez ang name

eto oh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehzjikiWasM

Parang nanay niya hehe
  • watched the pilot...it was okay...although the plot seems pretty recycled..
  • i couldnt agree more...she's stunning!*okay*
    Half-Filipina Shay Mitchell is a stand-out.
  • my friend is so addicted to this series , shes form canada and knwento nia iung about dito uhm .. ask ko lang saan napapanood to ?? etc ba or hallmark ??? tnx ;)
  • riAbabyriAbaby PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i liked the pilot. i'd be watching the 2nd epi mamayang 10p.
  • my friend is so addicted to this series , shes form canada and knwento nia iung about dito uhm .. ask ko lang saan napapanood to ?? etc ba or hallmark ??? tnx ;)

hindi pa ata ito available locally. you can watch it online or DL it. teehee! ;)
  • So that's the Jenna "thing". Parang ka aura ni Michelle Trachtenberg si Jenna. At oo nga, after watching ep 2, may hawig nga si Emily kay Maricar Reyes (morena nga lang si Emily)
  • I havent seen this one yet. have to check this out. i'm just sad that abc family cancelled "10 things i hate about you." It was actually getting really good. Eto yung pumalit nun di ba?
  • so much eye candy in this show! :D

the teacher's hot and so is the sister's fiance.

this is a really dark show. pretty interesting.