Home PEx Campus Colegio de San Juan de Letran
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Letran HS and Letranistas

Hi, Im a graduate of Letran GS and HS. Inabot ko pa si Mr. Marcelino and Ms. Arguelles to imply, Im in my late twenties. I hope to chat with those people from my generation. Also , I would like to ask where you graduated college and your profession. Kamusta na kayo?
:)

Meanwhile, I would also want to know if the HS still post the passers of Ateneo, DLSU and UP. During my years, they post in on the 2nd floor near the principal's office.

Thank you and Arriba!

Comments

• Yup naabutan ko si Mr. Marcelino sa Grade School. Ang balita ko nga namatay na siya. Hes my favorite principal during that time because of his strict but classy administration of the Elem. Dept. Those were the days that we were educated to follow the motto Deus Patria Letran and to never forget Letran and what it taught us wherever we go. I will never forget the stay-ins, boys scout's camping and of course, the interaction to an all-girls schools like St.Scho, St.Paul Pque and Assumption HS.

During my time, Letran HS still posting UP, ADMU and DLSU passers. I dont know right now if they still do that. If my memory serves me right, they post it along the corridor near the guidance office. Climax of my high school life is the JS Prom. Its quite hard to find a partner since it is an all-boys school. The funny part here is that pinagmamayabang ang mga magaganda nilang partner sa aming walang partner.

I took up AB-Polsci in the Colegio. True-Blue Letranista here. Arriba to you Brother.
  • I just heard about Mr. Marcelino's passing from you, thank dude. That's sad, he was a very good leader. I think right know there is only one principal for GS and HS and that's Mrs. Delos Reyes, she's also a good one too.

reagarding the stay-ins, i would never forget that one too. During my years, only 4th-6th graders were only allowed to these activities. Do you still remember the club meetings every Friday? hahahah!

What HS batch did you graduate from?

Anyway, the reason why I asked about the school's posting of ADMU, DLSU and UP passers is because of the intense clash in the Academe forum. I was perceived as a troll by Thomasians because they cantt believe that Letran HS does not post passers for UST since it`s not a big deal anyway. Thus, given nowhere to go, I'd choose Letran over UST. Then, after my statement, those UST people nearly wanted to curse me.. lol
  • apologies for the typo error, i type too fast
  • Yes! the club meetings that we usually spend our time in the canteen and catwalk to spot some "chicks" in the college dept though we often caught by some teachers there especially Mr. elopre and tejamo ( i dont know if you know them). Well, those were the days!

I am from Letran HS Batch 2002. The year that we won the juniors crown against san beda. That was a hell of a series.

Whats up with UST? I do respect them but sometimes i just want to accent with other peoples opinion about them that they are "SC" and "feels superior above all dominicans". With due respect with your college alma mater, UST was never my option after graduating in HS. I do have high respects for them but if they keep on saying negatives to my alma mater, ill let my Dugong Arriba run out of my veins. Just kidding!
  • Of course I know them. They were my math teachers. Fck, we were always quiet and serious (and I know all of the other sections too) when in Mr. Elopre's class, lol. I also miss the NCAA days, sobrang **** ang mga Letranista noon especially sa kanchawan:lol:, ayaw patalo. Dude you have to admit, Letran GS is way better than the HS, halo halo na kasi pagdating ng HS.

Anyway, UST is not my alma mater nor an option during college. Im from UPLB. Usually yung top 1 and two ng Letran HS, sa UP, then the rest of the top section class would either go to DLSU or ADMU. Kaso marami ding can't afford kaya sa UST na lang sila kahit ayaw nila dun . Yeah UST is a good school pero tumatangap sila ng below average studs parang sa batch namin, yung mga walang utak hindi ko akaling matatangap sa UST.

Those were what I shared (in english) in the Academe forum. Suddenly, nagalit sakin mga taga UST, troll daw ako, lol. What's up with those guys.
  • bluemar wrote: »
    Of course I know them. They were my math teachers. Fck, we were always quiet and serious (and I know all of the other sections too) when in Mr. Elopre's class, lol. I also miss the NCAA days, sobrang **** ang mga Letranista noon especially sa kanchawan:lol:, ayaw patalo. Dude you have to admit, Letran GS is way better than the HS, halo halo na kasi pagdating ng HS.

Anyway, UST is not my alma mater nor an option during college. Im from UPLB. Usually yung top 1 and two ng Letran HS, sa UP, then the rest of the top section class would either go to DLSU or ADMU. Kaso marami ding can't afford kaya sa UST na lang sila kahit ayaw nila dun . Yeah UST is a good school pero tumatangap sila ng below average studs parang sa batch namin, yung mga walang utak hindi ko akaling matatangap sa UST.

Those were what I shared (in english) in the Academe forum. Suddenly, nagalit sakin mga taga UST, troll daw ako, lol. What's up with those guys.

Oh. Akala ko taga Uste ka. Anyway, for me Letran GS and HS are almost the same when it comes to quality of education especially the spirit of being a Letranite compared to the College dept. Dun yung halo halo na tapos may halong babae na rin. Nanibago nga ko nung first day of school ko nung college to see girls around the classroom. For me, its Letran HS is the best among the 3 depts in Letran.
  • Oh. Akala ko taga Uste ka. Anyway, for me Letran GS and HS are almost the same when it comes to quality of education especially the spirit of being a Letranite compared to the College dept. Dun yung halo halo na tapos may halong babae na rin. Nanibago nga ko nung first day of school ko nung college to see girls around the classroom. For me, its Letran HS is the best among the 3 depts in Letran.

hahah, same here. 1st time did I see girls next to my chair when I entered college. Malamang, gold medalist ka nyan? loyalty awardee
  • bluemar wrote: »
    hahah, same here. 1st time did I see girls next to my chair when I entered college. Malamang, gold medalist ka nyan? loyalty awardee

oo pre. Tinawag pa kaming True Blooded Letranites nung graduation.:lol:
  • Wow! nice! By the way, san ang venue for college graduation?
  • ugersugers PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    wow me ganitong thread! I'm a GS and HS grad too! batch 2005 :)
  • ugers wrote: »
    wow me ganitong thread! I'm a GS and HS grad too! batch 2005 :)

Kamusta bro? Where did you go for college? Kamusta ang buhay?
  • bluemar

what's up with you?

1. "marami ding can't afford kaya sa UST na lang sila kahit ayaw nila dun."

so 'pag medyo financially-challenged, sa ust na kaagad. yaman mo naman! may facts ka ba to substantiate your preposterous claim?

2. "tumatangap sila ng below average studs parang sa batch namin, yung mga walang utak hindi ko akaling matatangap sa UST."

may facts ka? may report ka from the registrar to support this silly claim of yours?

sa sinabi mong ito, what reaction do you expect from thomasians? talino mo naman. baka naman ikaw 'yung walang utak. isipin mo din. 'di porke nasa up ka (at di naman up diliman or up manila to start with) eh ikaw na ang magaling.

again, what's up with you?
    heto, looking forward sa bagong season ng NCAA! Arriba Letran! Sana maging maganda ang performance ng players :)
  • jomi_schwartzjomi_schwartz PEx Rookie ⭐
    pasingit po..

HS batch 1994 po ako..

ARRIBA!!!!
  • bluemar

what's up with you?

1. "marami ding can't afford kaya sa UST na lang sila kahit ayaw nila dun."

so 'pag medyo financially-challenged, sa ust na kaagad. yaman mo naman! may facts ka ba to substantiate your preposterous claim?

2. "tumatangap sila ng below average studs parang sa batch namin, yung mga walang utak hindi ko akaling matatangap sa UST."

may facts ka? may report ka from the registrar to support this silly claim of yours?

sa sinabi mong ito, what reaction do you expect from thomasians? talino mo naman. baka naman ikaw 'yung walang utak. isipin mo din. 'di porke nasa up ka (at di naman up diliman or up manila to start with) eh ikaw na ang magaling.

again, what's up with you?

To begin with, this is the Letran forum and not UST. Talga naman madaming bobo sa Letran na tinatanggap sa UST. Bakit kailangan pa ng facts e lahat naman alam yun.

Bakit kaya hindi ka magtanong ng ibang mga Letranista dito? O di kaya, ikaw mismo tumawag sa registrars para mag inquire?

SUS! kahit saang thread na lang, epal kayo ng epal kayong mga taga-UST.
  • One more thing, hindi porke UP Los Banos lang ako e mas magaling ka na. Para sabihin ko sayo, ang average student sa UPLB, Dean's lister sa UST.
  • pasingit po..

HS batch 1994 po ako..

ARRIBA!!!!

Kamusto bro! Malamang nagabot pa tayo, 1990 ako pumasok ng Letran. 1st adviser- Mrs. Penalosa :lol:

Pagpasensyahan mo na yung mga UST people na ang hilig sumingit sa thread ng iba. Hindi ko naman sinabing bobo ang mga UST people, ang sinabi ko lang yung mga bobo sa Letran, natatannggap sa UST.
    *** vale nung batch ko ateneo tapos halos lahat na USTE. 2 lang kami na pumunta ng UP.. madami ding naglasalle :)
  • ugers wrote: »
    *** vale nung batch ko ateneo tapos halos lahat na USTE. 2 lang kami na pumunta ng UP.. madami ding naglasalle :)

Madami naman talgang napupunta sa UST dahil dun pumapasa yung mga avreage, below-average and underachievers. While, UP , Ateneo and DLSU get and share the pool of exceptional ones.

By the way, did you watch the game earlier? Sarap mag mura at ang daming nabanas sa halt-time. Ginagawang katatawanan ang Letran Squad. Bakla na ba ang nagmamanage ng squad?!
    hmm.. ang alam ko nung minsang pumunta ako ng practice ng pep, bakla nga ata *** nagmamanage ***** ng squad :) tanong ko dun sa friend ko na former pep :P