Home PEx International Entertainment General Entertainment

Japanese Doramas & Movies

i saw this telenovela at NHK... its about this girl and her bestfriend.. basta ayun... yung girl ang cute tapos may brother shang gustong maging rocstar.. sumthin like that..
pero its good.. medyo naiintindihan ko ung story

tapos i saw Itazurana kiss... yung ending song kinanta ng speed.. i think title nya is steady... yung story is about this girl na accidentally kissed a guy (first kiss) tapos he felt in love with him.. blah blah blah

what am sayin is.. ang sarap panoorin kahit di-maintindihan

Comments

• i totally agree with you...
  • i used to watch this japanese telenovela in rpn entitled "oshin".....ganda nun...
  • Hey peeps...I used to watch a lot of Japanese dramas too. Back in 1998 there was this channel on SKYCable called JET TV (ch.47), which showed lots of Japanese 13-episode dramas and movies dubbed in English. JET was a Singaporean network I think. Too bad they had to shut down in July 1998, 5 months after SKY brought them on their network.

Anyway, I watched "The Last Love," "Love and Eros," "L'oiseau Bleu," the witchcraft story "Eko Eko Azaraku" and my personal favorite, "Dear Woman." I watched so many of them I can't remember the others. :)

Nowadays I only stumble through NHK's drama series (my Japanese is rather rudimentary). Sigh. :(
  • DarciDarci PExer
    i only watched two jap novels: tokyo cinderella story and never on sunday. try watching long vacation, some say it's good. and where can i watch new jap series nowadays? thanks
  • Originally posted by Darci
    i only watched two jap novels: tokyo cinderella story and never on sunday. try watching long vacation, some say it's good. and where can i watch new jap series nowadays? thanks

at NHK... i watch this cool japanese tele-drama .. its monday 2 friday.. around 11:30 -> 12:00 am and 12:30 ->1:00 pm ... schedules may change though.. pero siguro mga 5 -> 10 mins lang...

enways... i love 13 episodes dramas din.. YEAH.. too bad JET TV shut down .. gusto ko pa naman ung Asakusa Youth Store(cool nung palabas) .. and.. OH TOKYO! hehe... , my favorite 13 episodes thing sa JetTV is ung.. hmm.. i dunno the title pero its about this girl na may gusto dun sa guy na ignore lang sha, sumthin like that...

pero my all time favorite is Itazurana (or is it Itatzurana) Kiss... i think its like unforgetable kiss or First Kiss.. AHaHHAhA whatever.. enways.. its about another girl(hs student) who felt inlove after having her first kiss(accidentally) with this man who's like totally ignoring her.. but at the end he learned to love her... basta aliw sha... I saw it n` CETV - chinese channel(dubbed as well)

enways... may japanese drama ba sa RPN before? :smokin:
  • I remember the Asakusabashi Youth Store was a show about abject Japanese silliness. Very funny. :lol:

I forgot the series you were talking about though. I don't remember a lot of them anymore...some of them were more memorable than the others kasi eh. Someone please resurrect JET TV from the grave.
  • FifiFifi PExer
    I totally love Japanese drama! Sayang, wala ng JETV. But I still get to watch it in a chinese channel, medyo luma nga lang. The episodes are dubbed in chinese and also have chinese subtitle.

I've watched Long Vacation, maganda naman. Gwapo pa yung leading man! I've also watched his other drama Beautiful Life. Anybody here knows the japanese actor Takuya Kimura? Sikat siya sobra sa Japan, pag siya yung actor ng isang drama, sure na mataas yung ratings.
  • it seems that everyone misses JETTV. I also love watching japanese films especially the scary ones. nakakatakot talaga. and also the love story. i think it's last thursday, i watched a behind the scenes special or something on wowow. the title of the movie is love song, i'm not sure. i don't understand japanese but i think the story is cool.
    as for japanese tv series, di na ako gaanong watch ngayon. i'm into korean tv series.
  • SoliduS_AlphASoliduS_AlphA PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    nani mono ? konnichiwa ? no da !! bishounen ? bishoujo ? kawaii ?

/me nagkunwaring hapon.... ahme.. ahem..(with japanese music)

watashiwa ji nuo ktono natawa dono genki desu ?

:lol::lol:
  • i think that guy is from a jpop-boy band called "SMAP", im not sure tho.. is he the long haired Levis engineered jeans model? :rollingeyes:
  • Well it's undeniable that JET TV brought Japanese culture into Filipino households in a way we could all understand. Dubbed kasi halos lahat ng pinapalabas nila eh. That's why everyone misses it.

I could've sworn before that I was one of those social life-less ones because I preferred to stay home and watch the episodes of Dear Woman or (insert Jap drama series here) on JET TV. Akala ko talaga ako lang ang nanonood dun. Yun pala kasama ko kayo! :)

Sure I had a gripe about all the characters sounding alike after a while, because they used only a small dubbing team to dub EVERYTHING they showed instead of subtitling it (like what Korean ArirangTV does now), pero okey na sa akin yun. I loved their movies very much.

ArirangTV also has some pretty cool movies on weekends---try watching Saturday midnight. Magaganda ang pinapalabas nila, if you don't mind being stared at by passersby, wondering "Ano kaya ang nainom nitong lokon 'to at nanonood na ng Korean/Japanese...?" :lol:
  • imho, i thought that jap soap operas are only a few because of animes. i thought that to some extent, animes are THE japanese soap operas.
  • SoliduS_AlphASoliduS_AlphA PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by kiko haching
    imho, i thought that jap soap operas are only a few because of animes. i thought that to some extent, animes are THE japanese soap operas.

Even Japanese Telenovela's exist I still prefer anime.. and Hentai.... :lol:
  • FifiFifi PExer
    jhaypee: yup, he's the guy in the Levi's commercial. kewl guy!
  • pinakasikat iyan sa japan. they call him kim taku, sort of a term of endearment.

yup yup. he is mega cool...

:D
  • Originally posted by chez-o
    i used to watch this japanese telenovela in rpn entitled "oshin".....ganda nun...

the chubby faced girl! she was so cute!!
    kakaawa siya dun eh :)
  • :bawling: Waah! I missed watching those! Back in 1997, I was able to watch this Japanese cartoon telenovela of a middle-school girl who admires this really popular guy. It was shown every Wednesdays at 5:00 p.m. (I think). Problem is I wasn't able to finish it coz NHK did not carried it anymore.
  • Originally posted by Fifi
    jhaypee: yup, he's the guy in the Levi's commercial. kewl guy!
    Originally posted by adlaw
    pinakasikat iyan sa japan. they call him kim taku, sort of a term of endearment.

yup yup. he is mega cool...

:D

hahaha.. yeah, he's cool..

have you heard of the boyband in japan "SMAP" ? tatsuya's a member of that band...
    ...am not sayin theyre diz typical-corny-boy-band type, hel*... galing nga nung band na un eh...

if yer a fan of tatsuya.. check the band.

*of all the anime series, Samurai X`s the best, the movies are cool as well.. check out the OVA of samurai X (a tri-cd movie) .. so cool, it'll tell u kenshi's history -why he got the cross scar and all that..*

• FifiFifi PExer
    Yeah, i've heard of SMAP. I'm not familiar with their names eh. I only know Takuya and Shingo. Sino si Tatsuya doon? paki-describe naman.

May show pa nga ang SMAP sa japan na SMAP X SMAP eh. Nakanood ako ng few episodes dati, pero I don't understand what they're saying. I wanna learn Japanese!
  • Originally posted by jhaypee
    Originally posted by Darci

at NHK... i watch this cool japanese tele-drama .. its monday 2 friday.. around 11:30 -> 12:00 am and 12:30 ->1:00 pm ... schedules may change though.. pero siguro mga 5 -> 10 mins lang...

enways... i love 13 episodes dramas din.. YEAH.. too bad JET TV shut down .. gusto ko pa naman ung Asakusa Youth Store(cool nung palabas) .. and.. OH TOKYO! hehe... , my favorite 13 episodes thing sa JetTV is ung.. hmm.. i dunno the title pero its about this girl na may gusto dun sa guy na ignore lang sha, sumthin like that...

pero my all time favorite is Itazurana (or is it Itatzurana) Kiss... i think its like unforgetable kiss or First Kiss.. AHaHHAhA whatever.. enways.. its about another girl(hs student) who felt inlove after having her first kiss(accidentally) with this man who's like totally ignoring her.. but at the end he learned to love her... basta aliw sha... I saw it n` CETV - chinese channel(dubbed as well)

enways... may japanese drama ba sa RPN before? :smokin:

sorry.. mali ung time.. its

11:30AM -> 12NN - MONDAY TO SATURDAY
    12:30AM -> 1:AM - mONDAY TO FRIDAY
    AT NHK

:DANCE: