Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

Anybody here who had read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series?

Anybody of You peeps here had read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series? Want to talk about the characters, the Greek Gods, and the elements of the plot, as well as the Movies to be based on them?

Please cite your Favorite book in the series and tell the reason why.

1. The Lightning Thief
2. The Sea of Monsters
3. The Titan's Curse
4. The Battle of the Labyrinth
5. The Last Olympian

Comments

• Mukhang konti pa lang yata nakakabasa ng Percy Jackson. hehe. I got to read all 5 books and it was good. My favorites are The Lightning Thief and The Last Olympian. :)

The first book kasi is really good. Tsaka fast paced kasi yung story... The Last Olympian naman, astig kasi action-packed talaga. :D
  • Lel0uchLel0uch PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I've read it.
    Ok lang siya. pero hanggang book four lang sakin.
  • mahal kasi yung book 5 since hardbound pa. buti na lang my friend has a copy kaya nabasa ko. astifyung book 5. :)
  • I read books 1,3,4 in softbound...2,5 in ebook format.
    I would recommend them for high school and college students. I imagine I would have been blown away if I had read this when I was in high school... at my age, i'm down to intellectual appreciation... I guess i am indeed getting jaded.

The prose was smooth and easy reading. The characters were interesting. (although I didn't like how some familiar gods and goddesses were portrayed) The references makes you want to review GREEK mythology...

The books were way better than the movie...
  • bbb555 wrote: »
    I read books 1,3,4 in softbound...2,5 in ebook format.
    I would recommend them for high school and college students. I imagine I would have been blown away if I had read this when I was in high school... at my age, i'm down to intellectual appreciation... I guess i am indeed getting jaded.

The prose was smooth and easy reading. The characters were interesting. (although I didn't like how some familiar gods and goddesses were portrayed) The references makes you want to review GREEK mythology...

The books were way better than the movie...

Same here. Maybe I would have appreciated it more if it was published earlier and I was younger. It's easy to read. Not too complicated and it's witty. Though the resemblance to Harry Potter can't be denied. :)

I guess the movie is okay if you haven't read the books first. Since I finished all books before watching the movie, I was deeply disappointed.
  • i read the first 4 books, still waiting for the paperback issue of the last olympian.i got interested to read this series kasi fascinated ako eversince sa greek mythology.
  • same here. and i love how the author was able to incorporate the ancient gods in the 20th century.
  • King_DavidKing_David PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The Lightning Thief pa lang ang nabasa ko :lol: Gusto kong tapusin lahat :bounce:
  • naku, King_David--may pitong books nang naghihintay sa 'yo :D
    ^ diba 5 books lang ang buong series? :hmm:

Saka diba about Sadie and Carter yung ibang Rick Riordan books :bookworm:
  • King_David, the first series is just five books--pero nagsimula na 'yung second series ng Percy Jackson novels, he's already released three books so far, and lalabas this coming October 'yung fourth book. :)

Sadie and Carter Kane are the protagonists of the Kane Chronicles, a trilogy that focuses on Egyptian Mythology naman. and by next year, he's starting another series based on Norse Mythology naman :)
    ^ah okay... so ang dami ko palang babasahin :D

Nabasa ko na nga rin yung Book 1 ng Kane Chronicles pero di ko pa nababasa yung sequel :hiya:
  • this is a nice series... and the heroes of olympus as well...

modernized mthylogy...

i have yet to read them again..

(and dami ko nang for re-reading..tsk)
    Nabasa ko na yung The Sea of Monsters :bounce:

One day ko lang sya binasa :D
  • King_David, mas okay 'yung Olympus series kesa sa Kane Chronicles. ... well, para sa akin. :D though, hindi ganoon kaganda ang Mark of Athena. ewan ko kung ako lang, pero para nag-iba ng pagsulat si Rick Riordan.

but yeah, lahat ng books dito madaling basahin. :D isang upuan nga lang 'yung iba :)

dyenapot, bakit naman re-reading? marami pang books out there na naghihintay ma-discover :D
  • IMHO the best book in the series is The last Olympian.
    citing my reasons
    :Well since the battle of the labyrinth kind of left me in hanging on a cliff i expected the last olympian to be more than its worth but it exceeded my highest expectations this book just blew me away :blow: as soon as i got the book i ripped of the plastic case and started reading and i finished it immediately and was satisfied with the results the ending was just right unlike other books ;) and there were also many surprising moments like when Luke offered to help Percy kill himself/Kronos that really surprised me since i thought of Luke as someone who is avaricious.
  • Hello! I just wanna share that Bookfordables sells pre-owned books for a very low price. If you're interested, kindly check our facebook page. Thanks! Happy reading!

https://www.facebook.com/bookfordables
    butler wrote: »
    King_David, mas okay 'yung Olympus series kesa sa Kane Chronicles. ... well, para sa akin. :D though, hindi ganoon kaganda ang Mark of Athena. ewan ko kung ako lang, pero para nag-iba ng pagsulat si Rick Riordan.

but yeah, lahat ng books dito madaling basahin. :D isang upuan nga lang 'yung iba :)

dyenapot, bakit naman re-reading? marami pang books out there na naghihintay ma-discover :D

okay naman yung Kane Chronicles :lol: pero mas nagustuhan ko nga itong Percy Jackson and the Olympians
  • easier to relate with din kasi ang greek mythology, King David. :)
  • butler wrote: »
    King_David, mas okay 'yung Olympus series kesa sa Kane Chronicles. ... well, para sa akin. :D though, hindi ganoon kaganda ang Mark of Athena. ewan ko kung ako lang, pero para nag-iba ng pagsulat si Rick Riordan.

yep... dami pa nga.. minsan kasi masarap ulitin ang books.. parang HP.. ilang beses ko na din xang nababasa.. pero hinde ako nagsasawa...

yan ang problema... so many books, so little time... nakaka-frustrate... hahahaha...

para hinde OT: mejo dragging nga yung mark of athena noh?
    sa huli nalang ** naging action-packed.. hinde kagay nung first two book ng heroes of olympus...