Home PEx Lifestyle Home and Garden
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

What to do with old aircons?

we have 2 20 yr old aircons that is working perfectly but we chose to retire it since it is not energy efficient compare to current models. do you have any idea how to turn it into cash? i doubt if anybody will buy it as is.

is it possible to "chop chop" it and sell the parts separately? do you know the cost of compressor?

Comments

• pgma wrote: »
    we have 2 20 yr old aircons that is working perfectly but we chose to retire it since it is not energy efficient compare to current models. do you have any idea how to turn it into cash? i doubt if anybody will buy it as is.

is it possible to "chop chop" it and sell the parts separately? do you know the cost of compressor?

sell it as junk...:rolleyes:
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Once in a while I get email messages in the yahoogroups from people who buy these things. If I find any in my mailbox I will send you by PM.
    Sent you a PM a few minutes ago.
  • pgmapgma PExer
    ^^
    Thanks very much for the info.

can you advice how to price these aircons?
    can I sell these at higher price is sold piece by piece?

I was just thinking if I can sell it high enough in order for me to buy a new one.
  • rationalrational PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    KuyaDanny wrote: »
    Once in a while I get email messages in the yahoogroups from people who buy these things. If I find any in my mailbox I will send you by PM.

KD, could you send me contact info also? Thanks!
    PM sent to rational.

Assuming these people are ready to buy your 20-year old aircons, I would suggest you accept their price and rid yourself of the headache. You're probably not in the junk business, so why start now?

I would think a working air conditioner is worth more than the sum of its parts, so my first approach would be to sell it in one piece. As for trying to sell the stuff to raise enough money to buy a new one, you should find out how much a new one costs, and decide if you are willing to pay half that much for a unit that is 20 years old. I would not.
  • 20-year old aircon should be sold as junk as nobody would treat is as a working aircon but a bundle of recyclable metals. You've benefitted from its use many times over na, so let go of it and let those down the line scavenge and make a living out of it.
  • kayo naman, baka mahigpit ang pangangailangan - pasukan pa naman sa iskwela.
  • joma_s wrote: »
    kayo naman, baka mahigpit ang pangangailangan - pasukan pa naman sa iskwela.

Oo nga. Sige, good luck selling those old ACs.
    Bakal/Yero: P5/kilo, aluminyo: P15/kilo, Tanso: P?/kilo..
  • you can go to any of the recyclables fairs of the ayala malls to dispose of your old a/c. i know it's scheduled once a month in each of the malls. :)
  • KuyaDanny wrote: »

Kuya Danny, pa-PM din po nung contacts people or numbers. TY!
  • buhaghagbuhaghag PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Turn your trash into cash! (contact #s 8977199 / 5633027 / 0921-8370993)

Did you know that not only are old air conditioners less cooling & noisy but that they also consume 50% more electricity than new ones? Yes. Those sad & tired A/Cs are electricity-gobbling monsters!

TIP! Old inefficient air conditioners consume 50% more electricity and malfunction often. You end up wasting more money via your electricity bills and occasional repair fees.

So now you want to sell away & get rid of those old, inefficient, sometimes even irreparable A/Cs right?

But due to the influx of very cheap surplus new air conditioners available in the market today…What fool would buy your old A/Cs if they could buy very cheap but efficient new ones? Right?!?

But because we utilize A/C parts, we'll buy them from you. Yes! We're the fools who'll buy your old/scrap air conditioners and even pick them up from you!

You can't pass this up now. Who else buys & picks up scrap A/Cs? Sell it now or keep your garbage forever!

So convert your old/scrap air conditioners into cash. Free yourself from clutters. Save the environment by letting us recycle your garbage and we all win!

Interested? Let us know. (contact # 5633027 / 8977199 / 0921-8370993) FREE PICK-UP SERVICE

We also buy office and household appliances/furniture/wares/equipments, demolition/renovation debris, heavy equipments, scrap cars, trucks, etc., surplus, warehouse stocks, salvage items, etc. We offer clear up-clean up-pick up services for warehouses, basements, garages.

John L. Aquino
    Purchasing Head
    Adsacom Ltd.
    177 Tordesillas St., Salcedo Village
    Makati City, Philippines
    Tel #: 5633027 / 8977199
    Telefax #: 8977199
    Email: [email protected]
    Mobile #: 0921-8370993

Do something for your country. Pass this message around. Forward this message to your family and friends. This venture helps both the environment and the economy.

natanggap ko sa yahoo groups dati pero di ko sure kung meron pa.
  • yeah, sounds familiar - we banned him in our yahoo.groups
  • *peace**peace**peace**peace**peace**peace**peace**peace*:confused:
    pgma wrote: »

i think you can still make big bucks on these crappy old a/c units. why don't put them on ad, with the extreme heat nowadays people will be dying to buy your 2 decades old a/c.

hmmm, 20yrs maybe it's good for another decade sayang naman kung sa junk shop lang baka baratin ka doon. try also to take some pics and include them on your ad so they can see how gorgeous your units are.

Goodluck!!! :p:p:p
  • junk shop :D
  • A junkshop bought our old but working aircon for 500 pesos. I was told that I would have gotten more if I disassembled it, pero nakakatamad.
  • what is the average year of serviceability for the aircon units before it can be considered as "old" as well as no longer "energy efficient"?

I have a 12year old window type aircon unit which is still working just OK but I can't exactly know whether it is still energy efficient. Is it about time to retire and replace my aircon?
  • what is the average year of serviceability for the aircon units before it can be considered as "old" as well as no longer "energy efficient"?

I have a 12year old window type aircon unit which is still working just OK but I can't exactly know whether it is still energy efficient. Is it about time to retire and replace my aircon?

Use it first if it's working fine.

Mahirap bawiin sa energy savings ang investment sa bago.
  • Air conditioning too long, very power, as soon as possible to sell it
    :bashful: