COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Is Jesus Christ the ONLY TRUE GOD in Isaiah 43:10?

ETEsETEs Member PExer
Magtatanong lang muli mga kaibigan, si Jesus nga ba ang nagsasalita at nagsabi ng I AM THE ONLY GOD and made a final conclusion..nor will there be one after me (Jesus) sa Isaiah 43:10?

Eto ang posting...

Isaiah 43:10 (New International Version)
10 "You are my witnesses (apostles)," declares the LORD,
"and my servant (apostles) whom I (Jesus) have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me (Jesus)
and understand that I am he (Jesus).
Before me (Jesus) no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me (Jesus).

[TEV] Isaiah 43:10 "People of Israel, you are my witnesses;(Apostles) I chose you to be my servant, (Apostles) so that you would know me (Jesus) and believe in me (Jesus) and understand that I am the only God(Jesus) . Besides me (Jesus) there is no other god; there never was and never will be.

O hintayin ko ang sagot*okay*

Comments

• TLGTLG The Dark Knight PExer
    clue bradz!

"i'am he, before me no god was formed" is a phrase found in the original hebrew manuscript unlike the version of the bible you used w/c uses paraphrasing technique.

was there any god formed before Jesus? or was there any god formed after jesus?

is Jesus not a formed god?

John 1:18 (New American Standard Bible)
    18(A)No one has seen God at any time; (B)the only begotten God (monogenes theos in the older manuscripts) who is (C)in the bosom of the Father, (D)He has explained Him.

John 6:46
    46"(A)Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father.

Colossians 1:15
    15He is the (A)image of the (B)invisible God, the (C)firstborn of all creation.

And the apostles are witnesses

Acts 1:8 (New American Standard Bible)
    8but you will receive power (A)when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and (C)Samaria, and even to (D)the remotest part of the earth."

MOreso you used as a version using praphrasing as method (TEV), agree ka ba sa para-phrasing technique? Pag yan ang ginamit ko madami akong maipapakitang verse na GOd nga si Jesus!

LOLZ! watch how these simpleton will try to veer away from the challange or from his stance of para-phrasing
  • lansangellansangel MLPH Itlogger! PExer
    Edit ko lang muna paps yung post mo.
    ETEs wrote: »
    10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD,
    "and my servant whom I have chosen,
    so that you may know and believe me
    and understand that I am he.
    Before me no god was formed,
    nor will there be one after me.

[TEV] Isaiah 43:10 "People of Israel, you are my witnesses; I chose you to be my servant, so that you would know me and believe in me and understand that I am the only God. Besides me there is no other god; there never was and never will be.

So ito ay hinango sa sinulat ng Deutero-Isaiah. at naisulat noong nasa babylonian exile. at ang binabanggit lang dito ay ang Diyos mismo, walang pangalang iba. Though referenced sa mga sulat ni Isaiah ang ilang bahagi ng New Testament, this passage is a phrase of reassurance when we are down and troubled. Paalala lang me tatlong Isaiah na sumulat sa buong libro ni Isaiah.
  • ETEsETEs Member PExer
    I know how the book of Isaiah was written...pero sabi ng isang mapanaginipin sa PEX na si TLG eh si Jesus daw yan at mga Apostles It seems that many views the thread, but none agree with him.

Ikaw ba sang-ayun sa sinasabi niya? Radical si TLG pagdating sa pagunawa sa bible, yun bang kahit napanaginipan niya lang eh aakalain niya na nangyari sa totoong buhay.

Pakilinaw lang lansangel dahil ikaw lang ang nag-replies.
  • sophionsophion Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Magtatanong lang muli mga kaibigan, si Jesus nga ba ang nagsasalita at nagsabi ng I AM THE ONLY GOD and made a final conclusion..nor will there be one after me (Jesus) sa Isaiah 43:10?

Eto ang posting...

10 "You are my witnesses (apostles)," declares the LORD,
    "and my servant (apostles) whom I (Jesus) have chosen,
    so that you may know and believe me (Jesus)
    and understand that I am he (Jesus).
    Before me (Jesus) no god was formed,
    nor will there be one after me (Jesus).

[TEV] Isaiah 43:10 "People of Israel, you are my witnesses;(Apostles) I chose you to be my servant, (Apostles) so that you would know me (Jesus) and believe in me (Jesus) and understand that I am the only God(Jesus) . Besides me (Jesus) there is no other god; there never was and never will be.

O hintayin ko ang sagot*okay*

most likely ganito yan:
    10 "You are my witnesses (Israel)," declares the LORD,
    "and my servant (Israel) whom I (YHWH) have chosen,
    so that you may know and believe me (YHWH)
    and understand that I am he (YHWH).
    Before me (YHWH) no god was formed,
    nor will there be one after me (YHWH).
    I know how the book of Isaiah was written...pero sabi ng isang mapanaginipin sa PEX na si TLG eh si Jesus daw yan at mga Apostles It seems that many views the thread, but none agree with him.

Ikaw ba sang-ayun sa sinasabi niya? Radical si TLG pagdating sa pagunawa sa bible, yun bang kahit napanaginipan niya lang eh aakalain niya na nangyari sa totoong buhay.

Pakilinaw lang lansangel dahil ikaw lang ang nag-replies.

Kung hindi kasi ako nagkakamali, nagamit din ang verse na ito sa New Testament. Pero kung sa Old Testament kinuha, stick with the situation when the verse was written and do not cross it with the New Testament IF YOU ARE NOT QOUTING IT from the New Testament. Ang New Testament kasi nakarefer kasi ng malaki sa Old Testament not the other way around.

And to answer your question, no. Hindi naman kasi tungkol sa messiah ang nakaqoute eh, kung hindi isang paalala at pampalakas loob.
    ^^^ Its depends on how you read the book you can take it as it is but you can take it as a prophecy but the Lord in Isaiah has the title of the Son (well that wont really be a problem because the Father and The Son share the same titles, they are one as Jesus said)

1. Redeemer / Only saviour
    2. Holy one of Israel

but the one talking in Isaiah is the Son rather than the Father, keep in mind that the Son is not a different God from the Father (trinitarian view should be apply here) but as i keep saying the phrase "I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me" is the give-away clue., and this clue was written in the original hebrew text (not a paraphrase verse) so this verse has a great impact in theology. The one talking here is a formed god, that can't be the Father coz as we all know the Father is eternal (well the son is also eternal, but i believe the Son was formed before even time began, even before the event in genesis), and there are verses that proves that the Son was formed (Jn.1:18, Jn.6:46, col.1:15)

And clearly the Lord who is a formed God said "before me no god was formed or will there be one after me", no other formed god was before of jesus (because The Father is not a formed god) and no other god was formed after jesus.

And the witnesses (the israelites) refers to the apostles (the apostles are jews) who had witnessed jesus , knew who he really is and are task to proclaim what they witnessed...

There are so many verse in the OT that refers to jesus, but they are not written in the NT, but carefull anazlysis of the verses shows the Lord in those verses refers to the Son and not the Father.
    Try checking Isaiah 48:16 and Zech. 12:10, see how the Lord speaking there pertains more to the Son than to the Father.
    ^The context is Israel so how can you say that it is referring to the apostles?
    Now, how did you do your exegesis on this particular verse?

And about the trinity, you can find it in Gen. 1:1.
    lansangel wrote: »
    And about the trinity, you can find it in Gen. 1:1.
    Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth

paano naman naging trinity yan :confused:
    ^teka kulang, Gen. 1:1-3 pala hehehehehe...
    sophion wrote: »
    ^The context is Israel so how can you say that it is referring to the apostles?
    it depends on how you view the context, if it refers to israel as a nation, not all israelites are truthful to God.
    meanwhile
    The apostles are israelites (particularly jews), whom the Lord chose as his servants and wtinesses.
    Here's another cross referencing of the same chapter.. in verse 3 it says this

Isaiah 43:3 (New International Version)
    3 For I am the LORD, your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
    I give Egypt for your ransom,
    Cush [a] and Seba in your stead.

now lets see what the apostles jude said, the later manuscript I believe has already been altered but read at the footnote, and see what some early manuscript said about this verse

Jude 1:5 (New International Version)
    5Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord[a] delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

Footnotes:
    a.Jude 1:5 Some early manuscripts Jesus

its more than obvious that the apostles really know who Jesus was in the Old testament. The Lord is Jesus who delivered Israel out of Egypt according Jude.
  • Admiral ConicAdmiral Conic Banned by Admin PExer
    so bale si Lord Jesus yung nasa Jude 1:5, ganun ba?
    yun din ba yung tinutukoy na sinabihan na "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.”? o sya yung nagsabi na "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him."

good luck!:lol:
    Its all a matter of comprehension, kayo naman kasi kung ano yung basa siyang intindi nyo eh, LITERAL nga kayo diba (except kay FYM dahil lahat ng verse reffering to FYM puro symbolical naman), not to mentioned the human pre-qualification you imposed on God, sa mga INC alam na nila lahat-lahat kay Lord, napag-aralan na nila si Lord by imposing pre-human qualification to the Almighty God.
    TLG wrote: »
    Its all a matter of comprehension, kayo naman kasi kung ano yung basa siyang intindi nyo eh, LITERAL nga kayo diba (except kay FYM dahil lahat ng verse reffering to FYM puro symbolical naman), not to mentioned the human pre-qualification you imposed on God, sa mga INC alam na nila lahat-lahat kay Lord, napag-aralan na nila si Lord by imposing pre-human qualification to the Almighty God.

ok, binasa ko na ang intro at prequalification mo so sagutin mo na ngayon ang tanong, yung "Lord" dun sa Jude 1:5:
    • yun ba ang sinabihan at tinutukoy dun sa "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.”?
    • o sya yung nagsabi na "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him."

pili ka ng isa.
    so bale si Lord Jesus yung nasa Jude 1:5, ganun ba?
    yun din ba yung tinutukoy na sinabihan na "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.”? o sya yung nagsabi na "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him."

good luck!:lol:
    ok, binasa ko na ang intro at prequalification mo so sagutin mo na ngayon ang tanong, yung "Lord" dun sa Jude 1:5:
    • yun ba ang sinabihan at tinutukoy dun sa "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.”?
    • o sya yung nagsabi na "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him."

pili ka ng isa.

Trinity ang sagot jan bradz! alam mo naman concept nun diba, pero of course di nyo matanggap.
    it depends on how you view the context, if it refers to israel as a nation, not all israelites are truthful to God.
    meanwhile
    not all apostles were truthful to god either. so why apostles and not israel according to context?
    The apostles are israelites (particularly jews), whom the Lord chose as his servants and wtinesses.
    the context is "israel", not "israelites". theres a difference.
    not all apostles were truthful to god either. so why apostles and not israel according to context?
    look at it this way, God was talking to Israel (of course its people) in Isaiah 43, this can be mirrored to Jesus (God, 2nd persona, formed by the Father) talking to the apostles (as people of Israel)
    the context is "israel", not "israelites". theres a difference.
    the verse said witnesses (plural) not witness (singular),

"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD

cleary God is talking to the people of israel (the israelites), to the select few whom God had chosen as his witnesses, the apostles and the deciples of christ were a group of israelites correct? so essentially God (jesus, formed by the Father) is talking to israel (w/c were the apostles and deciples who were israelites), he has revealed himself to them, and they bore witness to Jesus to w/c they testifed that Jesus is God, one with the Father and the Holy Spirit.
    Trinity ang sagot jan bradz! alam mo naman concept nun diba, pero of course di nyo matanggap.

pinapipili kita brad. ayaw mo? di mo kaya? ok, so iwan na lang nating ganito na hindi ka makapili. heto ulit ang mga choices:

yung "Lord" dun sa Jude 1:5:

pili ka ng isa.

pili ka ng isa.
    yung "Lord" dun sa Jude 1:5:

Yung Lord sa Jude 1:5 ay ang sinabihan at tinutukoy dun sa "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him"

So now what?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file