Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

Bruce Lee vs Pacquiao? Kung Fu vs Boxing

I just watched Ip Man 2, and somehow Its about Kung Fu/Wing Chun vs. Boxing. In Ip Man 1, its Karate vs Kung Fu and Kung fu beat the hell out of karate. On Ip Man 2, the boxer gave wing chun a hell of a fight, wing chun almost lost.

What I would like to ask, if a real life wing chun practitioner would fight a real life boxing practitioner on a street fight, wouldnt wing chun beat the hell out of a boxer on the 1st minute, because boxing have no feet arsenal and an all arsenal fighter (like kung fu) would just launch many kicks on the knee, balls, etc. to disable a boxer? or the boxer would win because boxing is a contact sports and boxers are built to withstand heavy blows (and slaps of wing chun)

did the movie just make the match more dramatic? because its a movie after all.

Comments

• It will depend on how each practitioner has mastered his respective style. It is the skill and technique, not the art IMO
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    they'd all just eventually lose out to pinjas, anyway.

Pinjas > All.

Pinja-Monkey-ninja-pirates-4216364-269-450.jpg
  • popskypopsky PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Don Pangga wrote: »
    I just watched Ip Man 2, and somehow Its about Kung Fu/Wing Chun vs. Boxing. In Ip Man 1, its Karate vs Kung Fu and Kung fu beat the hell out of karate. On Ip Man 2, the boxer gave wing chun a hell of a fight, wing chun almost lost.

What I would like to ask, if a real life wing chun practitioner would fight a real life boxing practitioner on a street fight, wouldnt wing chun beat the hell out of a boxer on the 1st minute, because boxing have no feet arsenal and an all arsenal fighter (like kung fu) would just launch many kicks on the knee, balls, etc. to disable a boxer? or the boxer would win because boxing is a contact sports and boxers are built to withstand heavy blows (and slaps of wing chun)

You don't know martial arts. Never a karate practitioner defeated a boxer. It takes not ordinary martial arts to defeat a boxer. Don't think of that a martial artist uses all his limbs to hurt the opponent, those kicks are useless against the boxer.

If you are up gainst the boxer, you need to clinch, use your elbow and knees, even headbutt if it's an actual street fighting.:)
  • rapidpunchrapidpunch PEx Rookie ⭐
    IMHO, its in the practitioner. .not the art. . . :)
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Expert 🎖️
    My kung fu is better than your kung fu :rotflmao:
  • Chuck Norris FTW.
  • rickymrickym PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Don Pangga wrote: »

i haven't watched the movie, but from what i know, wing chun is only one of the arts which bruce lee incorporated into his art jeet kune do. jeet kune do is very different from wing chun. besides even boxing was incorporated into jeet kune do.

advantages of boxing over wing chun would be the evasive manuevers such as bobbing, weaving, slipping etc. i don't think wing chun has any of those. oh also feinting. but wing chun will frustrate boxing with its sticky hands etc. of course wing chun has kicks unlike boxing.
    blakedaddy wrote: »
    My kung fu is better than your kung fu :rotflmao:

No brother, It's not that. I'm not trying to compare any art. Gone are the days that a practitioner would insult another art.

What I'm trying to say is never underestimate the boxers. Well, I'm not a boxer but I did watch many times how the boxer fight with martial artist in a martial arts competition.

Am I right that you post in reply to my post?:)
  • it was a joke dude
  • killernoodlekillernoodle PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    popsky wrote: »
    You don't know martial arts. Never a karate practitioner defeated a boxer. It takes not ordinary martial arts to defeat a boxer. Don't think of that a martial artist uses all his limbs to hurt the opponent, those kicks are useless against the boxer.

If you are up gainst the boxer, you need to clinch, use your elbow and knees, even headbutt if it's an actual street fighting.:)

huh sure ka ba diyan? paglaban mo nga si machida (using karate lang) at manny pacquiao, tingnan natin sino mananalo

sreiously kung street fighting hanap mo, hindi lang boxing/karate iyon, combination na iyon ng iba't iba, a karate fighter can beat a boxer and vice versa that is the bottomline

di ko lang magets are you referring to martial arts as a whole or karate lang? parang sinasabi mo kasi martial artist kicks are useless, diba muay thai martial arts din, same with kickboxing, it does not matter karate/kung fu can beat boxing, tama nga iyong isang nag post its not the art but the technique/skill/determination of the fighter

kung real street fighting ito lalong matatalo ang isang boxer dahil limited lang ang skills niya (kamay)

anyways, para namang may maniniwala sa iyo pinatulan pa kita
  • ^Dude I agree with your post, but you don't have to dissed him out for saying his opinion. A little more courteous in replying to thread queries would be much appreciated*okay*
  • elfelf PExer
    Napansin ko lang more often than not, those people who feel that one particular martial art is better than another are those who are themselves starting out in their respective art. Nothing wrong with that, that only says you are a beginner and you are passionate with what you do. I have respect for this because at least you are doing something about it. And then there is the 2nd kind of people who hasn't trained in any martial arts ever and the closest they came to it was watching Bruce Lee movies for the nth time. These are the guys who always have more comments compared to those who train and know their stuff.I find it 99% of the time these are the people who boo fights when there is not much happening in it or when it goes to the ground and the fighters are vying for position. Everyone is entitled to his opinion, I agree but it's like people who earn their living as movie critics. Don't get me wrong there are a handful of critics who do have credential but how many are really frustrated director wannabes?:-)
    rekscreamo wrote: »
    It will depend on how each practitioner has mastered his respective style. It is the skill and technique, not the art IMO
    I very much agree on this statement.

P.S. Playing a flawless game in Tekken don't mean you can fight.:-)

Is this courteous enough rekscreamo?:-)
  • ^ Very courteous! I like that!:lol:

As I have said, we could put our respective comments without the need to bash other people. In which my opinion will result to a better and conducive threads for us to discuss various topics.

I practice martial arts (TKD, Muay Thai) and lately wrestling. But I personally evade giving comments on other people's art because I know it would just start a never-ending debate about which martial art is superior to all forms of fighting style.
  • elfelf PExer
    ^It is really a never ending debate until somebody sings My Way.:-)
    huh sure ka ba diyan? paglaban mo nga si machida (using karate lang) at manny pacquiao, tingnan natin sino mananalo

sreiously kung street fighting hanap mo, hindi lang boxing/karate iyon, combination na iyon ng iba't iba, a karate fighter can beat a boxer and vice versa that is the bottomline

di ko lang magets are you referring to martial arts as a whole or karate lang? parang sinasabi mo kasi martial artist kicks are useless, diba muay thai martial arts din, same with kickboxing, it does not matter karate/kung fu can beat boxing, tama nga iyong isang nag post its not the art but the technique/skill/determination of the fighter

kung real street fighting ito lalong matatalo ang isang boxer dahil limited lang ang skills niya (kamay)

anyways, para namang may maniniwala sa iyo pinatulan pa kita

I'm not refering to any particular martial arts. I said, it takes no ordinary martial arts to defeat a boxer. Bahala ka kung paghalu-haluin mo ang iba't-ibang martial arts basta dapat malalim ang arsenal mo. My point is, as answer to the pexer pointing the kicks advantage, kicks are useless against the boxer. Not really useless but it will not spell victory for you.

Give him a roundhouse and he'll step in to give you 20 stinging punches.:D

Kung titingnan natin ang history ng Martial arts at street fighting hindi mo na kailangan lumayo. Isa ang Pilipinas sa mayaman ang history sa martial arts. But have you witnessed streetfights of martial artist VS boxer? Tournament fights of martial artist VS boxer? I witnessed lot of them.

Ikaw, nakakita ka na ba ang actual na laban na tinalo ng suntok at sipa ang suntok lang ng boxer?
  • faizfaiz PExer
    ^ Well it depends sir kung san tatama yung Punch and kick.... iba kasi sir pag Kung-FU.... may inter energy ka ng ginagamit :p Pero iba parin ang WRESTLING... ^_^ Pacquiao Vs the Big SHow! lolz or tag-team sila Pacquiao,Donaire Vs Brock Lesnar,Bill Goldberg lolz
    wala ako idea sa kung fu sir eh,, pero kung boxing VS wrestling siguro kakaiba yun.. since bihira ang boxer na aware how to defend against wrestler.. yung boxer na ala-pcquiao ha, hindi yung mga boxer na nasa MMA, kasi yung mga yun nag-aral na malamang how to defend against ground fighter.:)
  • popsky wrote: »
    I'm not refering to any particular martial arts. I said, it takes no ordinary martial arts to defeat a boxer. Bahala ka kung paghalu-haluin mo ang iba't-ibang martial arts basta dapat malalim ang arsenal mo. My point is, as answer to the pexer pointing the kicks advantage, kicks are useless against the boxer. Not really useless but it will not spell victory for you.

Give him a roundhouse and he'll step in to give you 20 stinging punches.:D

Kung titingnan natin ang history ng Martial arts at street fighting hindi mo na kailangan lumayo. Isa ang Pilipinas sa mayaman ang history sa martial arts. But have you witnessed streetfights of martial artist VS boxer? Tournament fights of martial artist VS boxer? I witnessed lot of them.

Ikaw, nakakita ka na ba ang actual na laban na tinalo ng suntok at sipa ang suntok lang ng boxer?

......Sure

I've seen a bear get arm-barred. LOL.

Just because you said kicks would do nothing to a boxer, just spells stupid for me.
    How about a heel kick to the kneecap? Or to the side of the knee?
    Boxers' knees are indestructible now?
    BangNaraj wrote: »
    ......Sure

I've seen a bear get arm-barred. LOL.

Just because you said kicks would do nothing to a boxer, just spells stupid for me.
    How about a heel kick to the kneecap? Or to the side of the knee?
    Boxers' knees are indestructible now?

That might be destructive. but easier said than done.

Well, we have different point of views.. it's just the way how I see it.:)