Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Foods To Eat/Avoid When Workin' Out?

i just started hittin' the gym last week.. i'm 27 years old weighin' 160lbs which is quite heavy for my height - which is only 5'6.

i'm dead serious to lose weight and to have toned muscles. my target is 130lbs. i understand that eating the right food really helps a lot. i wonder which SPECIFIC foods i should avoid eatin' and beverages i should avoid drinkin.

PLS ADVISE. thanx very much. :confused:

Comments

• jolejole PExer
    generally, oily foods, flavored drinks, junk and it also pays to check the label ;)
  • ^ promotion ng Nestle! :rotflmao:
    have a meal plan *okay*
  • latundanlatundan PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Avoid anything wheat (biscuit, bread, pandesal, noodles, pasta, pizza.....etc)

Mga 6 months mo gawin. Tignan mo kung ok health and weight mo.

Ang ok lang na grain kainin is rice. Hindi inflammatory.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Expert 🎖️
    How about posting your regular eating habits first??
  • 160 @ 5'6?yan nga idealweight ko pero dapat more on muscles..
  • kamote is your bestfriend. *okay*
  • tulad ng sinabe ni blakedaddy post mo muna un eating habits mo,para malaman namen...
  • thanks for the quick reply.

my eating habits are kinda different. i work at night and i try not to eat when i get home in the morning. i would wake up at around 3pm to eat then at 8pm again before i leave for work. then at work, i would eat a complete set of meal at around 4am in any of the fastfood chains near our office.

at home, i'm more into seafoods (either grilled or fried) with some vegetables for sidings. i would eat 3-4 cups of white rice each meal, then water or fruit juices for refreshments. not into beef, pork, chicken that much.

hey, by the way.. is it ok to work out even if i had only 4 hrs of sleep?

PLEASE ADVISE.. thanx..
  • tanggalin mo na yung fast food totally, pre.
  • jolejole PExer
    thanks for the quick reply.

my eating habits are kinda different. i work at night and i try not to eat when i get home in the morning. i would wake up at around 3pm to eat then at 8pm again before i leave for work. then at work, i would eat a complete set of meal at around 4am in any of the fastfood chains near our office.

at home, i'm more into seafoods (either grilled or fried) with some vegetables for sidings. i would eat 3-4 cups of white rice each meal, then water or fruit juices for refreshments. not into beef, pork, chicken that much.

hey, by the way.. is it ok to work out even if i had only 4 hrs of sleep?

PLEASE ADVISE.. thanx..

try mo magbaon and eat every 2 hours. avoid any flavored drink unless energy drink for workout.

4 hours? kung ako kulang ang 4 hours, pero it depends on how you feel after waking up ;)
  • yup 160lbs. @ 5'6.. but i have more fats than muscles that'swhy i need to tone down.

gotta watch on my diet..
    You need to also start working out..

you also eat a lot of rice but have no activity, can you stay away from fried food as much as possible??

and yes, fastfood=bad idea
  • slow food = good idea.. hehehe

eat roasted chicken than a fried chicken..
  • ask ko lang ani yung mga flavored drinks? c2? ganun?
    ^ Those are liquid sugars... avoid them din as much as possible
  • ChuuChuu PExer
    Sundin ang food pyramid
  • coloradocolorado PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    advisable ba kumain ng marami rice? let's say 3 cups of rice per meal?
    ^ What do you want to achieve?
  • coloradocolorado PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    to gain weight.
    ^ I'd also eat more meat and not just rice