Any feedbacks about dealing with home builders?

My parents are planning to build a house in fairview and we are looking for contracts/concepts to deal with. Is it a good idea to deal with conctractuals? We would appreciate it if you gave us any advice dealing with them. :)

We came accross ConceptHomeBuilders and J.A.O. Builders, do you guys have any feedback about them?

My parents are interested in this concept. It costs about a minimum of 2M for a standard finish. It's much more elegant and cheaper than what J.A.O. Builders usually offer. Is it just me or it sounds too good to be true?

By the way, if you can suggest other things on how to help my parents build their retirement house, please do so. :D

Comments

• gm4allgm4all Member PExer
    mukhang ok yung jao bulders....
  • jayvicjayvic Member PExer
    Sir mashed_potatoes, my father can help you. He is an engineer/contractor who lives near Fairview, may current project din sya sa Tandang Sora. I'm sure kaya nyang tapatan yung price ng concepthomebuilders, cheaper yet better. Contact him if you want to inquire. *okay*

RFV Construction

Rizaldy F. Victorino
    Civil Engineer

Bldg. H Unit 133 Smile Citihomes Brgy. Kaligayahan Novalichez, Quezon City

Mobile No. 0928-5505358 / 0922-8428252
    Landline No. (02) 774-9691 / 346-4174
  • mashed_potatoesmashed_potatoes Ec-Ty-Br-Lc PExer
    Sige, sir jayvic. I'll let my parents know about your dad! Thanks! :D
  • mashed_potatoesmashed_potatoes Ec-Ty-Br-Lc PExer
    Bump! Bump! :)
  • JohnyJohny Member PExer
    That’s really great to hear, congrats for that. I know that building a house is really like a dream coming true, but make sure that you select good and experienced house builders. I would suggest you to search online for good house builders; you will find lot of options to choose from. Make sure that you select the best one.
  • Kimi01Kimi01 Member PExer
    The first thing that should be considered when building a new home is the cost. It will be important to look at information regarding the prices of building materials and general contractors. You should also keep in mind that there would be specific taxes that you will have to pay and other fees as well.
  • jacorb_88jacorb_88 Member PExer
    Sent you PM.

I highly recommend my contractor. For all the things I read here about not so good things about contractors, not a single trait I experienced with my contractor. Our house is 70-80% complete already.
  • dextereousdextereous Member PExer
    mag ingat po kayo sa all around na contractor na ito na si "LARRY ABLAZA"
  • dextereousdextereous Member PExer
    mag ingat po kayo sa all around na contractor na ito na si "LARRY ABLAZA"
  • chewycandychewycandy Member PExer
    may kilala ba kayong contractor sa cavite area? Imus lang kami.

*** ok gumawa at di naman super taga yung prices.

One more question: yung detailed plan at estimate of materials sinong gagawa? extension lang naman ang gagawin so di ko alam kung sila na ba kasi sila naman yung nakakaalam ng sukat e.

tia!
  • Ice BurnIce Burn Conflicting Karma PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Just plugging my mom's home building project.

http://www.radianthomesph.com/
  • BOYSAKTOBOYSAKTO Member PExer
    I would just like to say, that, so far, I have been impressed with the professionalism of their company. Specifically, at this point, the Sales & Marketing side of it. Out of all the Philippine-based home builders, your website is one of the best, I would say. The chat-line and the do-it-on-your-own costing (where you can choose the pre-designed models and you could choose the options and then it showed the estimated cost) was very helpful.

It was also a very good decision to accommodate clients on a Sunday. For working professionals like us, Sunday is sometimes the only day left to do for things like house-hunting or shopping. Also, the traffic on a Sunday is a lot more bearable than on a weekday or a Saturday.The sales & marketing credentials, like the folder that came with the sales quotation, is also good. Little things like this can show how (professional) and how your company value the services that you offer to your clients.

The sales quotation too was good. It is organized, and more or less complete as to what the client will be looking for (like the options, the upgrades, and how much they would cost, payment schedule, etc.)

I also appreciated that a JAO team went to the project site first, and checked out the place. Not all contractors do that without first closing a deal.

At this point, early in the process of Sales, the only area for improvement I can think of right now is in the finalization of the floor plan / structure of the house needed for the quotation (for custom-designed houses):

I think that it will save some effort (of those making the costing of the project, and those that actually make the sales quotation) to perhaps, finalize first the plan with the client, before making the sales quote/costing? It might save some effort of those making the project costing/quotation.

But for the client, it is good to always see the cost at each revision. In any case, so far, I have no complaints with this, as the JAO team I am working with has been very accomodating and patient, which is very important. (A regular client will probably build a house, only once or twice in his lifetime, so they would want it to be (perfect). And thus, for a company like JAO, referrals of previous clients is very important. Repeat clients may not be so common, unlike in a restaurant business.)

In terms of how (affordable) a JAO-built house is, based on this experience and so far, from the quotes, as I have mentioned na rin, JAO is a little bit on the higher-end price. BUT nothing outrageously high, but if this is what it will take to have a (peace-of-mind) and a less-headache, less-hassle house-bulding process, and ultimately, IF it will lead to a (pulido) and (high-quality) craftsmanship of the end product, it will probably be reasonable already and worth it.

And hopefully, if and when, that is what would happen to my project. I guess we will just have to find out, if the level of professionalism in the Sales/Marketing side of your company, will also translate to the actual project execution, and produce a high-quality finished product and services (including after-sales services).

Speaking of quality, perhaps your company can try to go for ISO certification or any Quality-certifications. This would really help differentiate JAO from the other home builders, if you can get your company certified for Quality processes/product. In terms of your competitors, I think none of them has any ISO/quality certifications. Getting that certification is not that expensive.
  • akoitoelmoakoitoelmo Member PExer
    I HAVE A LOT AT VISTA REAL CLASSICA IN QUEZON CITY, AND IM INTERESTED TO BUILD MY IDEAL HOUSE. WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES OR DOCUMENTS SHOULD I BRING? CAN YOU HELP ME GUYS, AND ALSO DO YOU KNOW THE CONTACT NUMBER AND THE ADDRESS? i'VE HEARD THAT JAO BUILDERS IS NICE.

PLS REPLY GUYS THANKS:)
  • TongiTongi Member PExer
    I recommend JAO Builders...

You can check their website: www.jaobuilders.com

They have 24 hours livechat online services to assist their clients anytime..Accommodating house consultants will assist your inquiries regarding your plans for house constructions...
  • rckdcstrrckdcstr Member PExer
    akoitoelmo wrote: »
    I HAVE A LOT AT VISTA REAL CLASSICA IN QUEZON CITY, AND IM INTERESTED TO BUILD MY IDEAL HOUSE. WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES OR DOCUMENTS SHOULD I BRING? CAN YOU HELP ME GUYS, AND ALSO DO YOU KNOW THE CONTACT NUMBER AND THE ADDRESS? i'VE HEARD THAT JAO BUILDERS IS NICE.

PLS REPLY GUYS THANKS:)

I have also inquired at JAO Builders through their Megamall office located at the 5th floor Bldg. A., they asked me to bring a copy of the Lot title and the restrictions from the developer, that's it! they will come up with a design and quotation in a matter of 2-3 weeks. *okay**okay**okay*
  • DGboyDGboy Member PExer
    Five-star homes in prime locations made affordable!
    http://www.facebook.com/smresidences
  • Sun TzuSun Tzu Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Wow! A lot of people registered here just to commend Jao Builders. Looks like a lot of super happy clients! :)
  • pakwanpakwan Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    ok rin para mag promote ng sariling company or ng agent nila e nagregister kailan lang. kung may proff sila ng pics ng bahay nila siguro maniniwala ako na genuine customer sila.

puro papuri sa company nila eh. wala bang description ng nagawa na para hindi un copy paste lang sa ibang website ha.
  • jordan_rulesjordan_rules The Greatest Ever! PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Sa pagtatanong-tanong ko at pagre-research, mas mura mag-quote ang mga freelancers kaysa dun sa mga parang corporation na contractors. For example, standard finish ng mga malalaking contractors ay nasa at least 18K/sq.m. Yung sa mga freelancers na napagtanungan ko, kaya pa bumaba hanggang 13-14K/sq.m. Pero mag-ingat din tayo sa ibang mga freelancers, baka fly by night lang pala yung iba.
  • bernabearmandobernabearmando Member PExer
    jacorb_88 wrote: »
    Sent you PM.

I highly recommend my contractor. For all the things I read here about not so good things about contractors, not a single trait I experienced with my contractor. Our house is 70-80% complete already.

sir, can i have the name & contact details of your contractor? i'm planning to build a house in a subdivision located at orani,bataan. thanks!

my email: [email protected]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file