using my maiden name in my passport

don't know if this is the right thread, I need help.. i'm planning to travel to UK.However, there is one thing that bothers me. I'm already married but Im not using mg husband's surname but rather my maiden name. Will I be questioned by the UK embassy regarding that matter? Is it ok to retain my maiden name or do i need to now change my name in my passport. Thanks

Comments

• RyuujiRyuuji Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Do you want to use your spouse's surname now?

Passport.com.ph says that if you would like to use the surname of your spouse, bring the ff. if you want to have you passport renewed:

* Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper issued by NSO and Certified True Copy issued by the Local Civil Registrar if MC secpa is unreadable.
    * Certificate of Attendance from CFO (Commission of Filipino Overseas) if married to a foreigner (color green).
  • bhaby.angel05bhaby.angel05 Member PExer
    Ryuuji wrote: »
    Do you want to use your spouse's surname now?

Passport.com.ph says that if you would like to use the surname of your spouse, bring the ff. if you want to have you passport renewed:

* Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper issued by NSO and Certified True Copy issued by the Local Civil Registrar if MC secpa is unreadable.
    * Certificate of Attendance from CFO (Commission of Filipino Overseas) if married to a foreigner (color green).

honestly, I want to retain my maiden name but im just a bit worried that i might be questioned my the uk embassy.
  • virstudvirstud Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    honestly, I want to retain my maiden name but im just a bit worried that i might be questioned my the uk embassy.

if you declared that you are married, maybe but i don't think so. That is your own personal options.
  • peppa_pigpeppa_pig Member PExer
    nah i dont think so , im married too yet im still using my maiden name on my passport , ive gone in and out a couple of times from uk so far they never questioned me about it, I even have different surname from my baby and citizenship too actually, still ok lang, it's only in pinas i got hold, ehehe coz i forgot to bring my baby's birth certificate or a proof that im her mum. buti nakalusot , lesson learnt though :D
  • nightsurfnightsurf Member PExer
    I don't think you will have any problem. My wife is still using her Philippine passport with her maiden name since we got married over 3 yrs ago. After we got married she has traveled to multiple countries in Europe, Asia and here in the US several times with no problems. I applied for her US residency petition using her maiden name and she got approved with the same passport.
  • zero_cool888zero_cool888 Member PExer
    nightsurf wrote: »
    I don't think you will have any problem. My wife is still using her Philippine passport with her maiden name since we got married over 3 yrs ago. After we got married she has traveled to multiple countries in Europe, Asia and here in the US several times with no problems. I applied for her US residency petition using her maiden name and she got approved with the same passport.

it is NOT a problem. most countries don't require you change your name, and in some countries it is considered unusual. unless you changed your name legally and use your old passport with maiden name then you need to bring your marriage certificate or something but in this case you should change your passport anyway, thereby making all your old visas most likely invalid, if any.
  • can I still use my maiden name even if i already have my current passport which is my husband surname??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file