Bartholin's cyst: Bukol sa ari ng babae

A Bartholin's cyst is formed when a Bartholin's gland is blocked, causing a fluid-filled cyst to develop. A Bartholin's cyst is not an infection, although it can be caused by an infection, inflammation, or physical blockage (mucus or other impediment) to the Bartholin's ducts (tubes which lead from the glands to the vulva). If infection sets in, the result is a Bartholin's abscess.
Bartholin's cysts are most common in women aged 20–29, especially those who have never been pregnant or have only been pregnant very few times.

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartholin%27s_cyst
PICTURES: http://images.google.com.ph/images?hl=tl&q=bartholin%27s%20cyst&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Unfortunately and not proud of it, the doctor said I have a bartholin's cyst. It is very painful to have it. I can't sit straightly especially when I'm riding a motorcycle. My friend experienced it too and advised me just to take the antibiotic, and eventually it will gone.
So far I follow her advice and hopefully, this cyst will soon gone. :mecry:

Comments

• GreenbinGreenbin Member PExer
    I had it two years ago, and I had a minor surgery done to drain it. It was a day procedure. I was under general anesthesia and stayed half a day in the recovery room and was discharged. Mine was infected. and the doctor said, it can recur, so what he did was made an incision, drained it and he did not fully closed it, so there is sort of a drainage, so it won't recur
  • taneshka14taneshka14 Member PExer
    Hi Greenbin..

Recently my cyst just ruptured and suddenly the pain was lessen. I just cleaned and washed it (a feminine wash) and take a sitz bath. I also continued taking the anti biotic. I've never had a chance to go to the doctor again. After 1-2 days, the cyst is gone and I feel like normal as before.
  • fiona21fiona21 sweet something.. PExer
    I also have one and its causing discomfort/slight pain already. Can you recommend a very good doctor who can drain a bartholin's cyst, preferably female. just pm. thanks in advance ;)
  • edzgatchiedzgatchi Member PExer
    Caritas sucks! my insurance won't cover the expenses kasi they think that this is an std!:grrr:
    This really became a major issue between me and my husband, nagbibintangan na kami, buti may internet and we were able to know the FACTS.. STD can cause Bartholin cyst but only about 5% of the cases are from STD, maraming factors, at kahit virgin pwede magkaron.
    Blessing in disguise, the obgyn told me that I should undergo excision, yung procedure pala na yun, the bartholin gland would be removed. It will affect my 'life'!
    considering na small bump pa lang naman yun, at tolerable pa yung pain. And asked me for 15k, the charge is fair naman, but from the article that I've read, excision is only necessary is the cyst is recurrent, first time ko pa lang naman.
    After 2 weeks of taking cloxaxillin halos nawala na, that was july, pero 2 weeks ago bigla na lang lumaki. Explain ng nephew ko, pag daw tumigil ka sa antibiotic at di naman sila totally naubos nung una, mas mabilis ang pagdami ng bacteria... take note that antibiotics should be taken only for 10 days at max of 1000mg per day, pero nung binigay ng obgyn sakin yung reseta, that was 3x a day.. I'm wondering kung anong pwedeng adverse effect nun.
    I went to another obgyn, and I have an schedule of marsupialization on Monday, but I'm hoping that this thing would rupture on its own para ma-save yung 18k ko...;)
    kung di ka maselan may mga obgyn din sa public hospitals, konti lang expense dun..
  • edzgatchiedzgatchi Member PExer
    mine had ruptured on its own, i thought I have saved the money for operation, pero my ob said kailangan pa rin isagawa ang marsupialisation.. is there anybody na hindi nag-undergo ng operation na nagkaron ng recurrence? how long will it take before magrecur??
  • ybabkoybabko Member PExer
    :depressed::depressed::depressed::depressed::depressed::depressed::depressed::depressed::depressed::bashful::bashful:
    taneshka14 wrote: »
    A Bartholin's cyst is formed when a Bartholin's gland is blocked, causing a fluid-filled cyst to develop. A Bartholin's cyst is not an infection, although it can be caused by an infection, inflammation, or physical blockage (mucus or other impediment) to the Bartholin's ducts (tubes which lead from the glands to the vulva). If infection sets in, the result is a Bartholin's abscess.
    Bartholin's cysts are most common in women aged 20–29, especially those who have never been pregnant or have only been pregnant very few times.

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartholin%27s_cyst
    PICTURES: http://images.google.com.ph/images?hl=tl&q=bartholin%27s%20cyst&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Unfortunately and not proud of it, the doctor said I have a bartholin's cyst. It is very painful to have it. I can't sit straightly especially when I'm riding a motorcycle. My friend experienced it too and advised me just to take the antibiotic, and eventually it will gone.
    So far I follow her advice and hopefully, this cyst will soon gone. :mecry:
  • ybabkoybabko Member PExer
    what kind of antibiotics you take
  • NanglvsNanglvs Member PExer
    Ask ko lang po kung anong gamot ang ininom nyo?
  • NanglvsNanglvs Member PExer
    18 lang po ako, tad meron po ako nakikita na ganyan sa ari ko. Tanong ko lang po kung anong antibiotic ang pwede kong bilhin. Salamat oo
  • donna_12donna_12 Member PExer
    anoh pong iniinum n antibiotic salamt poh
  • kthmtkthmt Member PExer
    Ask ko lang po bakit ako may bukol sa left side ng ari ko? hindi sya malaki dirin maliit sakto lang. hindi ko alam kung paano matatanggal to or ano to. Sana may sumagot sakin thankyou
  • kimmeykimmey Member PExer
    Ask ko *** po ang mga bawal gawin at kainin kpg my ganitong sakit?? At need po b **** mgundergo ng surgery???
  • jonverjonver Member PExer
    edzgatchi wrote: »
    mine had ruptured on its own, i thought I have saved the money for operation, pero my ob said kailangan pa rin isagawa ang marsupialisation.. is there anybody na hindi nag-undergo ng operation na nagkaron ng recurrence? how long will it take before magrecur??
    edzgatchi wrote: »
    Caritas sucks! my insurance won't cover the expenses kasi they think that this is an std!:grrr:
    This really became a major issue between me and my husband, nagbibintangan na kami, buti may internet and we were able to know the FACTS.. STD can cause Bartholin cyst but only about 5% of the cases are from STD, maraming factors, at kahit virgin pwede magkaron.
    Blessing in disguise, the obgyn told me that I should undergo excision, yung procedure pala na yun, the bartholin gland would be removed. It will affect my 'life'!
    considering na small bump pa lang naman yun, at tolerable pa yung pain. And asked me for 15k, the charge is fair naman, but from the article that I've read, excision is only necessary is the cyst is recurrent, first time ko pa lang naman.
    After 2 weeks of taking cloxaxillin halos nawala na, that was july, pero 2 weeks ago bigla na lang lumaki. Explain ng nephew ko, pag daw tumigil ka sa antibiotic at di naman sila totally naubos nung una, mas mabilis ang pagdami ng bacteria... take note that antibiotics should be taken only for 10 days at max of 1000mg per day, pero nung binigay ng obgyn sakin yung reseta, that was 3x a day.. I'm wondering kung anong pwedeng adverse effect nun.
    I went to another obgyn, and I have an schedule of marsupialization on Monday, but I'm hoping that this thing would rupture on its own para ma-save yung 18k ko...;)
    kung di ka maselan may mga obgyn din sa public hospitals, konti lang expense dun..
    Nanglvs wrote: »
    18 lang po ako, tad meron po ako nakikita na ganyan sa ari ko. Tanong ko lang po kung anong antibiotic ang pwede kong bilhin. Salamat oo
    kimmey wrote: »
    Ask ko *** po ang mga bawal gawin at kainin kpg my ganitong sakit?? At need po b **** mgundergo ng surgery???

ano po antibiotic ang dapat inumin?
  • Hello, Im Trisha. Im 16 years old and I had a bartholin cyst 3 days ago during Christmas 2017. This is my experience.
    So I was at the mall on December 25 with my friends and I was wearing shorts. At first it was okay and all but later on I felt something hard down there. It felt uncomfortable walking but it didnt hurt at all. So I went home telling my friends that I have stuff to do still (which is true because I had to investigate what was happening down there) and so I did.
    I immediately went to the CR pagkarating sa bahay and as uncomfortable as it was, I took a photo of the bumpy area and nakita ko na medyo swollen yung left side ng opening ng you know and I almost died. 😰 I thought OMG IS THIS ****ING CANCER?! I couldnt believe it so I searched in google for what it was and found out that it was a Bartholin Cyst. As I was reading the description I saw that it was caused by STDs and ****. I WAS LIKE WTF!?! I was a virgin and I've never been in a relationship before so I thought ITs REALLY ****ING CANCER!!!
    I decided not to tell my mom because I know she would have a heart attack and would think that I was sexually active. She would prolly ground me for life. I also decided to convince myself that it was not cancer amd it was a bartholin cyst because it really did fit in with all the description.
    So first treatment that I tried was the warm soak. Nothing happened. This was on December 26 in the afternoon. Although very nice ITS NOT THAT EFFECTIVE. I was dying because it wouldnt pop like what people in the internet are telling. I watched youtube videos on removal surgeries (It was depressing). I was losing hope until I saw a video from the tv show HEALING GALING. Apparently, there was a Bartholin Cyst patient who had the cyst for almost two years. She would massage the area with the Healing Galing Oil and drink serpintina. That didnt work for her so she tried VAGINAL STEAMING.
    [ VAGINAL STEAMING for her was putting hot water on a bucket/balde and sitting on top of it panties down] She did it 5 times in a day and by the evening that cyst popped itself.
    It was the most ingenious idea ever and by the evening of December 26 I was filling buckets of hot water. I DID a vaginal steaming at 5 in the afternoon. It was glorious but nothing popped or anything and I didnt expect it to so I decided to do it again in a while. The SECOND session was at 9. As I was feeling the bump during this session I found out that it became tender and so I decide to once again take a photo of it. IT LOOKED LIKE THE YOLK OF AN EGG READY TO POP. You know it was filled with nana and blood just by looking at it.
    I was full on determined to make this **** pop and so I did another session.
    Seconds after sitting on the bucket I felt something burst. I touched it and felt gooey substance in my fingers. IT WAS DISGUSTING AS HELL. I drained the cyst on the cr and washed my fingers. I took another photo after and I saw just a small patch of blood where the cyst had been and I've never been in such RELIEF in my entire life. By the Wew.
    So yun guys. Dont take those antibiotics and tree tea oil ****. The day you saw the BARTHOLIN CYST and confirmed it was one, SIT ON A BUCKET OF HOT WATER AND STEAM YOUR VAGINA AND DO IT AS MANY TIMES UNTIL IT POPS. I actually felt like a prodigy of Bartholin cyst, lol.
    Merry christmas and Happy New year yall! 😂
  • McAero21McAero21 Member PExer
    Nagkaroon po ng parang ganito yung gf ko. Anu po ba ang best lunas **? Salamat po
  • jotonocjotonoc Member PExer
    How do you differentiate this from regular boils (pigsa)? Or is it the same?
  • Hi! Want to share my story. I'm 22 and nong sunday, dec 16, don ko nakapa na may something don sa baba ko. Nong araw na yon di pa masakit so hinayaan ko lang. Monday, nagbeach kami at nong gabi nagstart na kumirot. The next day, tuesday, napansin ko na nagstart na mamaga at may pain na. Nagsearch search ako at ayaw ko maniwala nong una na bartholin cyst kasi natakot ako. That day nahirapan nako umupo at maglakad kaya todo tiis ako sa bahay kasi ayaw ko malaman nila. Naghot compress and cold compress ako kasi di ko alam gagawin ko pero walang tulong. Umasa ako na mawawala magisa. Wed, dec 19. Umalis ako ng bahay pero habang nasa mall, sobrang di ko na kaya sakit dahil mahapdi at nararamdaman n talaga siya pag maglalakad, kaya nagpacheck up nako. Ayon, bartholin cyst nga. Kasi yung akin naging abscess na dahil matagal na raw nasa katawan ko, ngayon lang lumala dahil na-infect. Binigyan ako ng augmentin and dolfenal bilang gamot na di ko alam if naging effective talaga since pag iniinom ko nakahiga ako. Eh ngayon ko lang nalaman na dapat di nakahiga pag uminom ng gamot. Thursday, dec 20. Napansin ko na mas lalo lang lumobo cyst ko at mas lalo sumakit. Di ako nakapagsitz bath sa bahay kaya pinapatungan ko lang ng panyo na mainit kaso sandali lang effect niya since malamig na tin panahon, mabilis lumamig ng "hot compress" ko. Pero habang tumatagal, mas lalo lang sumasakit, mas lalo lang lumalala kaya natakot nako. That night, di nako nakatulog sa sakit kasi di ako makagalaw. Today, dec 21, tinry ko yung nabasa ko dito na VAGINAL STEAMING at masasabi ko na nakatulong in a way? Napansin ko na yung paglaki ng cyst is in a way na mabuburst na siya. &Kasi mga beshy, sa laki ng cyst ko para akong nagka-balls!! Hahaha. Kaya solid ako pahinga dahil di tlga ako makalakad sa sakit. Lalo na makaupo! By 5pm today, i felt na parang nagkabutas na. Pwro sobrang liit! Pero nagkahope ako don. Simula nong nagkaroob ako dasal talaga ako bg dasal dahil sa takot ko. And by 7pm, nakahiga nako at sinusubukan ko na matulog. At bigla ko minassage yung cyst at nafeel ko may liquid, pumutok na siya!' 😭 Agad ako tumayo sa kama. Buti may nakaready na bowl sa tabi ko kasi katayo ko, tumulo na lahat. At ang daming lumabas! Kulay green n sobrang baho. Sovrang thankful ko kay God. Altho may parang naiwan pa na konti, ma tuwing nagccr ako lumalabas sila, tiwala ako mKakatulong antibiotics na maclear lahat bg bacteria na natira pa. 
  • Hi tanong ko Lang po Kung anong klaseng antibiotic yon. Meron din po Kasi ako nyan bartholin's cyst, sa kaliwang bahagi ng aking ari, dalaga pa ako ng mapansin ko ito pero maliit pero maliit Lang sya noon ngayon tatlo na ang anak ko kasing laki na sya ng duhat. Umaasa ako na balang araw mawala na ito. Salamat
  • Please. Sana may sumagot, nung June 2 may tumubo kasing bump o parang bukol sa pubic area ko, di naman ako nagwax o nagshave, then medyo masakit sya lalo na pag nadadampi o nalalagyan ng pressure. Possible ba na cyst to? 
  • Pwd mag tanong ang bartholin's cyst ba at sa isang bahagi LNG tumutubo o pwd din mag kabilang pArte kasimmay nkakapa po ako sken kaso mag kabilaan sya at maliliit ano po kya ito HND sya masakit pero makati

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file