Home PEx Sports PBA
Discuss your bets and predictions on who will be the next Miss Universe. 👑

Cyrus Baguio traded for Willie Miller

neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
Confirmed this morning from Patricia Hizon - Willie Miller going to Ginebra for Cyrus Baguio.

Comments

• I don't know if Cyrus will fit in the triangle offense of Coach Tim.

Mas bagay sya sa open type game like when he was still under Coach Yeng.
  • finallly wala na si willie the choker milller
  • oh man the stigma will always follow Miller.

what happen to Trillo's yapping that they will not trade Miller?:lol:
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    It may be difficult to comprehend the triangle offense but I like to think that Tim Cone considered this well enough to believe that Cyrus Baguio is smart enough to comprehend the ramifications of the triangle. Perhaps, Cone may be patterning his triangle plays as Phil Jackson's back with the Bulls and with the Lakers with Baguio serving as the MJ and Kobe of the Aces. He'll probably allow Baguio a lot of latitude to do his one-on-one ways in an effort to exploit his skills in that regard. Note that he did the same with Miller and yet, the team continued to flourish.

The difference is that Miller would need the ball to be effective, Cone has the luxury of utilizing LA Tenorio more now as a PG and Baguio comfortable in his #2 position. Miller's requirement to have the ball somehow made it more difficult for Tenorio to be more effective with what he's doing - something that is akin to Cone and saw the possibility of Tenorio blossoming further alongside Baguio.

It may actually be a good trade for the Aces as they decided to go younger with Baguio's acquisition. Miller, on the other hand, would create a lot of excitement in the BGK camp although Jong Uichico has his hands full trying to please everyone - Mark Caguioa, JJ Helterbrand, Ronald Tubid and Miller of course. All 4 would need to hold the ball most of the time to be effective and it would be a minor yet pleasant headache for Uichico to resolve this. The upside as well is that BGK will have another PG in their team with Miller around.
  • Maglalaro naba agad sa friday sina Miller at Baguio?
  • nice trade for Barangay Ginebra

in my opinion, miller is still a great player and that given a chance, will probably have an MVP type season again with ginebra

question, will caguiao be happy about trade? he'll prolly be relegated to the bench.. and will be there for extended minutes
  • I like the trade! Expect Baguio to perform his bests as an Ace, I believe that Baguio is very happy with that trade, dito na niya mailalabas ang tunay niyang galing. I cant wait to see him play for the Aces.
  • jazzperjazzper PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^^^ i think its not caguioa but its helterbrand who now lessen his minutes with the arrival of miller. i'm sure miller's role here is to orchestrate plays same with jayjay. so bgk have jayjay/willie on PG and caguioa/tubid on shooting guard. good move by bgk. its a win-win for both teams.
  • good trade. i can now, at will, call willie miller a choker.
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    Imagine a superstar-guard lineup for BGK with this trade. They'll have JJ Helterbrand and Willie Miller at the point and Mark Caguioa and Ronald Tubid at #2. They also have Celino Cruz as PG reliever and Junthy Valenzuela as a spare tire at #2. Rudy Hatfield, Willie Wilson, Sunday Salvacion and JC Intal will man the #3 position, Eric Menk, Billy Mamaril and John Ferriols take over the PF position, and Yancy De Ocampo and Rico Villanueva take over the slot. Pretty solid lineup actually.
    Former MVP and Reigning MVP tandem at PG position. Wow!
  • miller and helterbrand on the floor together effectively means ginebra needs two balls on the court. how is that good?
  • Unrestricted Free-Agent na si Junthy Valenzuela diba?
  • Ahura MazdaAhura Mazda Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    Ano kaya naisip ng Ginebra at pumayag sila sa trade na to? :hmm:
  • KG21KG21 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I guess, di pa matatapos ang trade na yan kay Miller...
  • Well, for one, Willie Miller is Willie Miller. May napatunayan na yan. Kahit sa Powerade RP Team ganda ng nilaro niya. Same with Cyrus Baguio.
  • Good luck at Salamat sa'yo idol MVP Willie.

Welcome to Alaska Aces Cyrus Baguio, good luck sana matanggap ka ng buong fans ng Alaska.
  • Willie Miller
    Height: 5'11
    Position: Small Guard

Major Awards Earned
    Most Valuable Player ( 2002, 2007 )
    All-Defensive Team ( 2003 )
    Philippine Cup Best Player of the Conference ( 2008-2009 )
    Fiesta Conference Best Player of the Conference ( 2004-2005 , 2006-2007 )

2009-2010 Fiesta Conference Stats
    35.50 Minutes Per Game
    17.00 PPG
    3.00 RPG
    4.50 APG

Cyrus Baguio
    Height: 6'2"

Major Awards Earned
    Mythical Second Team ( 2007-2008 )
    Most Improved Player ( 2007-2008 )

24.40 Minutes Per Game
    9.20 PPG
    1.40 RPG
    1.80 APG

--parang di pabor sa alaska..pero under coach tim cone baka mas mahasa pa laro ni cyrus..di din siya fit sa triangle..hmp,wil wait and see!!:(
    Both are explosive offensive players. Both players almost have the same style. Baguio is younger than Miller. Miller is a better defensive player than Baguio. I think its up to the coaching staff who's player will utilize more and become an immediate impact to the team.
  • teyrteyr PEx Rookie ⭐
    sakto wrote: »
    Willie Miller
    Height: 5'11

Major Awards Earned
    Most Valuable Player ( 2002, 2007 )
    All-Defensive Team ( 2003 )
    Philippine Cup Best Player of the Conference ( 2008-2009 )
    Fiesta Conference Best Player of the Conference ( 2004-2005 , 2006-2007 )

35.50 Minutes Per Game
    17.00 PPG
    3.00 RPG
    4.50 APG

Cyrus Baguio
    Height: 6'2"

Major Awards Earned
    Mythical Second Team ( 2007-2008 )
    Most Improved Player ( 2007-2008 )

24.40 Minutes Per Game
    9.20 PPG
    1.40 RPG
    1.80 APG

--parang di pabor sa alaska..pero under coach tim cone baka mas mahasa pa laro ni cyrus..di din siya fit sa triangle..hmp,wil wait and see!!:(

let me just add. Baguio also was a slam dunk champion.