Home PEx Lifestyle Visas and Immigration

I-130 Petition stuffs

Hi Guys,

bago lang ako dito sa pinoy exchange. I need your opinion about my case regards sa petition ko. My mom married an american citizen for and naging citizen din sya after 3 years. Then she upgraded our petition from F2B to First Preference (unmarried son and duaghters over 21 years old)

Our priority date is May 2007. Then we received a mail from NVC mag MNL****** number and advised na dont resigned if employed. when i check our case status Post decision activity sya... that was july 2009

I've been checking the visa bulletin from stave.gov site.. hindi ko maintindihan.. now my question is kelan kami magkakavisa.. kasi ang tagal na namin nag aantay.. :confused:

Comments

• My advice? Live your life the way you want it in the PI and don't hold off your plans because you have a pending petition. That kind of petition takes years and I've seen one too many people let go of opportunities because they are under petition. Sometimes it's not worth it. If you have a decent job there and you get offers, don't let it fly out of the window because you think "I could leave anytime soon"

The only petitions that I know are pretty quick are ones of spouses of USC's, minor children of USC's and parents of USC's...Everything else takes while and sometimes it's not worth it.
  • lechon xlechon x PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hi Guys,

bago lang ako dito sa pinoy exchange. I need your opinion about my case regards sa petition ko. My mom married an american citizen for and naging citizen din sya after 3 years. Then she upgraded our petition from F2B to First Preference (unmarried son and duaghters over 21 years old)

Our priority date is May 2007. Then we received a mail from NVC mag MNL****** number and advised na dont resigned if employed. when i check our case status Post decision activity sya... that was july 2009

I've been checking the visa bulletin from stave.gov site.. hindi ko maintindihan.. now my question is kelan kami magkakavisa.. kasi ang tagal na namin nag aantay.. :confused:

baka magkaapo ka na nyan. seriously matagal talaga yan.
  • Hi Guys,

based on visabulletin nov 1994 ang pinaprocess nila.. so kung priority date mo is may 2007 so mga 13 years pa.. i dont understand your question though.. have they adjudicated your case already..
  • My advice? Live your life the way you want it in the PI and don't hold off your plans because you have a pending petition. That kind of petition takes years and I've seen one too many people let go of opportunities because they are under petition. Sometimes it's not worth it. If you have a decent job there and you get offers, don't let it fly out of the window because you think "I could leave anytime soon"

The only petitions that I know are pretty quick are ones of spouses of USC's, minor children of USC's and parents of USC's...Everything else takes while and sometimes it's not worth it.

Thanks for the reply :) anyway i love what I'm doing, I'd be plastic kung sabihin ko na ayaw ko sa America.. but honestly i just want to be with my mom.. kasi i grew up na she's always in abroad for our future ng sister ko... and we all know na talagang matatagalan *** release ng visa number or us..

all we can do now is to wait and stick with my job
  • based on visabulletin nov 1994 ang pinaprocess nila.. so kung priority date mo is may 2007 so mga 13 years pa.. i dont understand your question though.. have they adjudicated your case already..

Yun din yung nakita ko .. pero i have a friend F2B siya, meaning greencard holder yung mom nung nag file ng petition sa kanya.. it was 2002 then she got approval 2007, then last week her mom got a letter from NVC na visa is available na daw.. she waited approximately 9 years... and based sa visa bulletin ngayon yung F2B is year 1998.. kaya confusing din

yung samin F1, US citizen ang mom ko and she petitioned us ng sis na na we're both over 21

anyway thank you sa reply :)
  • dryicedryice PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Your mom should have not opted to upgrade your petition to F1... Kahit na naging US Citizen na si mom mo, you can still choose to retain your F2B petition status, which is more current than F1.
  • Yun din yung nakita ko .. pero i have a friend F2B siya, meaning greencard holder yung mom nung nag file ng petition sa kanya.. it was 2002 then she got approval 2007, then last week her mom got a letter from NVC na visa is available na daw.. she waited approximately 9 years... and based sa visa bulletin ngayon yung F2B is year 1998.. kaya confusing din

yung samin F1, US citizen ang mom ko and she petitioned us ng sis na na we're both over 21

anyway thank you sa reply :)

yeah minsan nagkakaganun yung visa.. i think there was a time na naging current yung EB3 then it retrogressed again..
  • dryice wrote: »
    Your mom should have not opted to upgrade your petition to F1... Kahit na naging US Citizen na si mom mo, you can still choose to retain your F2B petition status, which is more current than F1.

hmm that time kasi before she upgraded it, she talked to a judge na nag approve ng citizenship nya nung day na naaprove yun.. then what he advised to upgrade kasi priority daw ang filed by citizen compare sa filed by LPR.. on my friend's case.. LPR sya 2002 applied na approved after 5 years, 2007. kami we file 2007 and approved after 2 years which is 2009
  • predopredo PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    good for you it was approved very quick - approval in the context for you to pursue immigration process NOT availability of visa (kahit may visa No. ka na-MNLxxxx)..ours took 4 years to get approved, and my PD is 2001 (F2B)....the next step for you is WAIT, WAIT and WAIT for your case to be current...you said 2007 ang PD mo, and the current PD for F1 is 1994...that gives you more than a decade to wait..lol. your better off sana in F2B catergory kasi its 4 years ahead.
    Limited lang kasi ang visa issuance for family based immigration. kaya, kumbaga pila system ang nangyayari. Besides, the Philippines competes with other countries for visa allocation, kaya may maximum number ng visa na puedeng ibigay sa atin. Mabilis ang F1 sa ibang bansa, sa Pilipinas kasi, nagkataon halos lahat ng pinoy, naging USC kaya humaba ng humaba ang pila sa F1.
    But you can ask your mom to re-instate your F2B category.
  • predo wrote: »
    good for you it was approved very quick - approval in the context for you to pursue immigration process NOT availability of visa (kahit may visa No. ka na-MNLxxxx)..ours took 4 years to get approved, and my PD is 2001 (F2B)....the next step for you is WAIT, WAIT and WAIT for your case to be current...you said 2007 ang PD mo, and the current PD for F1 is 1994...that gives you more than a decade to wait..lol. your better off sana in F2B catergory kasi its 4 years ahead.
    Limited lang kasi ang visa issuance for family based immigration. kaya, kumbaga pila system ang nangyayari. Besides, the Philippines competes with other countries for visa allocation, kaya may maximum number ng visa na puedeng ibigay sa atin. Mabilis ang F1 sa ibang bansa, sa Pilipinas kasi, nagkataon halos lahat ng pinoy, naging USC kaya humaba ng humaba ang pila sa F1.
    But you can ask your mom to re-instate your F2B category.

hmmm to re-instate our f2b hindi na pede kasi approved na... u said ur priority date is 2001.. so u have your visa na ? kasi my friend is on process na siya 2002 and PD nya and it was approved 2007 lang.. sabi ng friend ko its good to have F1 kasi mas mabilis sya unlike her, 2007 approved then 2010 release ng visa number she waited 9 years bago lumabas papel nya sa F2B.. yun din ang sabi mg mga friends ng mom ko sa states.. anyway thanks for sharing
  • predopredo PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    IMHO, its not very attractive to have F1 category if your consulate is Manila. Your thoughts regarding F1 category is what my friends told me way back before also. But I did my own research.

http://www.gurfinkel.com/
    http://www.rreeves.com/
    http://familybasedimmigration.com/forum/index.php

My mom is eligible to for citizenship as far back 2001, but we're holding it baka magka problema pa sa status namin even may re-instatement of category.We just want to play safe. I'm currently processing my papers and will send DS-230 next week..

best of luck..I'm hoping you could get you visa sooner.
  • i tried consulting to reeves assoc... and they advise the same thing din to wait and better to have our petition upgraded kasi mas mabilis daw maapprove.. thanks for sharing your ideas...
  • Hope someone will reply sa thread ko..
  • hi! I am also petitioned rin ..LPR parents ko and I am on the F2A category whereas my Bro is on F2B category...Para ma check mo yung updates regarding yung priority dates that are being taken care of as of each month visit http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4805.html

Ibig sabihin nung table dyan is that for the 1st Category the priority that is being processed for the month of May 2010 is Nov 01 1994...If your priority date is May 2007, you'll have to wait for 13 years before ma-process papers mo:(...I suggest if you really want to go to US to work better look for employers na lang..It'll be faster that way...
  • hmmmm @ Imannod... ok naman na work ko dito sa pinas.. sabi kasi nila *** nsa site ng travel states hindi daw nasusunod un..kasi minsan mabilis minsan mabagal..unpredictable...
  • in our case naman... my mom filed f2b sa amin ng brothers ko 2008 tpos USCIS sent us NOA 2009.. but lawyers said to wait for roughly 5years or so... mabilis nga nakakuha mom ko ng greencard eh.. 2 yrs lang... swerte!

but if you really want to get there faster.. apply for a student visa then get OPT from USCIS, there are some good community colleges there that are not that expensive compared to the state universities.. then look for a sponsor ng h1b.. you can work while waiting for your papers...
  • tbc8521tbc8521 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hi,

Tanong ko *** ano na susunod na mangyayare after humingi ang NVC/USCIS ng AOS at filled-out DS-230??? Meron na ren kmeng case# that starts with MNL**.

Ang alam ko APRIL 2002 pa PD namen pero kung titingnan sa chart e ang pina process na is JUL2008 under 2A - which I believe is our category.

Please advise.

Thank you
  • Hi tbc8521,

after i-filled out an DS230 ang alam ko may ipapadala sa petitioner nyo na pede na kayo mag process ng papers dito sa pinas.. un ata *** packets na ipapadla ng embassy to process all stuffs.. good to hear na meron na current na ang priority date nyo.. ako i still have to wait mine is Unmarried son/daughter over 21 years old - US citizen ang petitioner.. now priority date is Jan 1996..mukha naman bumibilis na ang processing nila..when i check every 4 months *** palit ng prio dates nila.. sana laging ganun ...

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5019.html - Sept '95 (July 2010)
    http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5092.html - Jan '96 (Aug 2010)
  • tbc8521tbc8521 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Thanks a lot
  • KsunKsun PExer
    I think its not a good idea na magUS Citizen while your case is pending unless magsend ka ng OPT out letter para maretain un preference category mo which is f2b. mas matagal kasi un sa first preference kesa sa f2b e.