Home PEx International Entertainment Music and Radio

Razorback or Wolfgang?

of course it's razorback!

Comments

• both!

although, i must say, i'm more into wolfgang!

good thing about these bands, is they're friends. in the recent acoustica bar tours (i've been to two only), i must say dave was really very friendly. when you approach him, he really says thanks and even pats you on the back or something!

same goes for wolfgang! they really appreciate the support from their fans.

i am not surprised that eventhough they may still be considered 'underground' until now (Philippines being pop-infested), they are still out there, making excellent music! and i respect them for that!

[Edited by ben_air on 04-26-2001 at 12:11 PM]
  • All I could say is this: Without Razorback, there is no Wolfgang. I guess Wolfgang's success was through the support of Razorback, especially Tirso and Dave (FYI, Wolf Gemora was a former Roadie of Razorback). I don't think there should be a contest... in fact, they're working together!!!

I admire both Dave and Manuel's guitar styles. Pero kung ako ang tatanungin, mas bilib ako kay Dave dahil napakalinis niyang bumanat. Manuel's chops are damn fast but there are instances when they get quite dirty... pero ang galing pa rin niyang mag-adlib at mag-improvise... and I guess he knows his Ibanez guitar very well.
  • hmmm...partially mongee is right, there should be no contest. but these bands are said to be "twins" and some people love comparing them.
    i choose razorback because...umm.....when they play live,
    it sounds good, unlike wolfgang because of manuel.....dami nyang sabit maggitara. tho c tirso sumasabit din....si dave kse ang galing talaga.....he doesnt seem to repeat his adlibs, since we all know these tow guitar nerds from razorback dont play the same lead part they did in the recording. so basically.....kung sino mas ok sa live ang better.
    and one thing they say is basti's voice kicks ***..i dont think so.....anyone with good singing skill can immitate him. but of course basti has distinction, but still not impressive for us (us=more mature music critics).
    and before basti went to wolfgang he auditioned first to razorback. since his style cant blend well with rock and roll, he was unfortunate.

aheehehehe!
  • wolfgang po
  • Aminado ako... maka-WOLFGANG talaga ako. However, I'm beginning to appreciate RAZORBACK nowadays because of Dave Aguirre's awesome guitar licks. I really like "As Spicy as it gets."

Rock on!!!
    :smokin:
  • Ok I'm convinced... RAZORBACK is better!!! I guess I'm too late to confirm it. I just bought "Hebigat sounds volume one" on tape yesterday and the whole album just blew me away. I better get the remaining CD at Odyssey Megamall before it disappears! Actually, mas nauna kong nabili yung Beggar's moon. It's good but it's not quite convincing as the classic album.
    Tanong lang: is Hebigat their 1st album? Pagdating kasi sa recording quality, di hamak na mas maganda ito kesa sa debut album ng Wolfgang.
  • huminhumin PExer
    WOLFGANG.
    WOLFGANG.
    WOLFGANG.
  • no point of comparison...

kung pagalingan, mas magagaling di hamak ang mga taga-razorback... tama sabi ni allan_dave...madalas sumabit yung mga taga wolfgang eh...pero i like them din...

BOTH!
  • soniasonia PExer
    sympre!

WOLFGANG!!! :rocker:
  • well kapag rock n roll ang pinag-usapan Razorback
    pero kapag hard rock <--tama ba pag-classify ko? Wolfgang

:rocker:
  • Originally posted by mongee
    Tanong lang: is Hebigat their 1st album? Pagdating kasi sa recording quality, di hamak na mas maganda ito kesa sa debut album ng Wolfgang.

yup unang album yan ng Razorback si Miguel Ortigas pa drummer nila dyan tsaka yung lyrics ng kanta nila dyan di pa ganun kalalim at marami pang tagalog na kanta.
  • Originally posted by mongee
    Ok I'm convinced... RAZORBACK is better!!! I guess I'm too late to confirm it. I just bought "Hebigat sounds volume one" on tape yesterday and the whole album just blew me away. I better get the remaining CD at Odyssey Megamall before it disappears! Actually, mas nauna kong nabili yung Beggar's moon. It's good but it's not quite convincing as the classic album.
    hehe...4 or 5 years ago pa yung album na yun ah..:lol:
    as far as i know...this is their first album...Kevin roy became their vocalist before making the album...they had a dif. vocalist when they started...coz i heard the 1st version of Giyang and Tabi ng bulkan...Kevin Roy is definetely the one singing...In my opinion...wolfgang 1st album is a bit better than Razorback's debut album though Razorback showed much more versatility in their music there...there was even a blues anthem there...Wolfgang's debut album sounded more like metallica...Hebigat sounds is one of the best local albums out there...that's why it's better late than never...

:evilgrin:

• WOLFGANG

:babyeat:
  • pareho tsong!
  • uy thanks sa mga nag-reply.

ahehheehhehee!!!

in fact, mas nagustuhan ko muna wolfgang, hindi ko pa kilala
    razorback then. may nagsabi kasi na may "twin" daw ang
    wolfgang then i asked who. razorback daw. so ayun. pareho ko lang sila gusto dati (giyang and halik ni hudas days). pero mas may appeal na ang razorback sakin. tsaka kasi medyo nag-aaral pa ako mag-guitar nun. mas nagagalingan ako kay david aguirre kase. kaya
    mas nakikinig ako ng razorback. then nung na-release ng wolfgang yung semenelin, ang galing, best wolfgang album so far(in my opinion) pero yumabang kasi sila. tsaka si wolf ang yabang hindi naman magaling. may pa-acoustica acoustica pa silang nalalaman.
    meron ako razorback nag-acoustic ang galing, mga sabog pa sila.

• WOLFGANG.

have a musician friend who says that Razorback's more talented...maybe so, but Wolfgang appeals to me more.

i do like Razorback too though.
  • WOLFGANG PARIN!!!!
    WOLFGANG!
    WOLFGANG!!!!
  • ZenZen PExer
    Although Wolfgang has a lot more releases, I'll prefer Razorback any day. :up: More quality songs. :wink:

:nerdgirl:
  • Originally posted by allan_dave
    uy thanks sa mga nag-reply.

then nung na-release ng wolfgang yung semenelin, ang galing, best wolfgang album so far(in my opinion) pero yumabang kasi sila. tsaka si wolf ang yabang hindi naman magaling. may pa-acoustica acoustica pa silang nalalaman.
    meron ako razorback nag-acoustic ang galing, mga sabog pa sila.

i hear you. that's your opinion.

but in fairness to wolf, he's one of the nicest music people around! i once sent an e-mail and he replied the next day! he's very nice to their fans! with their recently-concluded US gigs, he even made the time to write about it so that people around here who wanted to know how they're doing out there would be informed. i don't know about you but he IS good! people from the US were really impressed with him! oh well, i'm just saying my piece and this is not in any way written for you to agree with me. and i think i am not alone in saying that the acoustica album they released is one of the best ones around.

wolf is also a fan. a very big fan of razorback. and he admitted that if he's not playing with wolfgang, he'll gladly be razorback's roadie. now where's the mayabang there?

don't get me wrong. i also love razorback especially dave.
  • I was able to get a copy of Soundcheck live recordings (box set na may free VCD). I was surprised to see that Tirso was the only guitarist in the live recording. I must say he's very good maski wala si Dave... although it would've been better... no! perfect!!! :)

Wolfgang mayabang? From the looks of it, hindi naman! I saw in an Inquirer article that Wolf highly regards Razorback as one of the best live acts in the Philippines. It's enough for these guys to know that a lot of people appreciate their music. I guess they owe a huge part of their success to Razorback.