Home PEx Lifestyle Visas and Immigration

Hi I am a newly arrived migrant in Aus and I badly need your help!

Hi fellow pinoys, I am really desperate now and would like to seek your assistance if you have knowledge of accounting vacancies in your respective companies. I have been responding to ads in the internet and local newspapers but until now I seem to get no positive response. It is really hard to compete here nowadays especially if you don't have local experience.

Appreciate it very much if you please PM me details of the vacancies you know so I can send in my CV.

Thanks and God Bless.

Comments

• by the way I am in Sydney. Appreciate your help. thanks
  • JUST_JTJUST_JT PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It's a tough time for accountants in this economic. I would suggest that you retrain or diversify your work a bit.

My wife quit accounting two years ago. Now she's retraining to become a part-time financial adviser.

-Just_JT
    There's.hope.
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    It would fortunate if you land a job in 3 months because it does take longer sometimes. I agree with JUST_JT: Try applying for a job, any job, that you could do well. It doesn't necessarily have to be accounting-related. Stay for a couple of months then transfer. God bless and let us know how it goes.
  • thanks so much for the input just jt and ada, will try to apply to other fields as well. Last week thru a relative I got work but just for a day, worked in production as a packer, it is really tough here nowadays, Thank you so much and will keep you posted. God bless
  • ^^ it is tough anywhere. it's totally different now.

five years ago, i got an offer from a top accounting firm in Sydney, but i turned it down. nag migrate kasi kami dito sa US.

anyway, there's an online forum for pinoys in australia. the site is www.philippines.com.au

most members there are very helpful. baka makahanap ka ng work through networking and referrals.

good luck! hang in there!
  • thank you so much.. Hope you can include me in your prayers.

thanks
  • One option is to move here in melbourne where there is pretty much the same amount of jobs (i think) but cheaper cost of living.

May kilala kaming Pilipino na nagtatrain ng mga Pinoy accountants na kakamigrate lang dito sa Australia. He trains them then when he sees them ready he helps them apply for a permanent job somewhere in Melbourne. You also get paid while training as well. My friend trained for 2 months with him and got a permanent job after.

Let me know if you are interested
  • Unless you move to a country through your employer, or have a job waiting for you when you get there, you really have to prepare yourself for the possibility that you'll be waiting on tables or working in a farm for a while.

Take care of short-term survival first, then work on your resume.

If can afford it, have you tried doing volunteer accounting work for a charity or similar institution there? That just may open doors.