Home PEx Sports PBA
Discuss your bets and predictions on who will be the next Miss Universe. 👑

Can anyone explain how LA Tenorio is NOT an all-star?

shanebattiershanebattier PEx Rookie ⭐
I checked the lineups for the upcoming PBA all-star games and here are the lineups:

NORTH

Starters:

C Marc Pingris
F Gabe Norwood
F JC Intal
G Jayjay Helterbrand
F Paul Artadi

Reserves

Rico Maierhoffer
Willie Miller
Ranidel de Ocampo
Sol Mercado
Ryan Reyes
Mac Cardona
Arwind Santos

Here's the reason why I hate fan voting to determine the all-start starters. I mean, gimme a break! Paul Artadi????!!!! And since Artadi was voted as a "starter" a guy like LA Tenorio, who in my opinion may be the top point guard in the whole league, is left off.

Rico Maierhoffer???? Are you serious???? Pingris and Intal as starters???? Seems Ginebra and Derby Ace fans had a vote stuffing fiesta. And I bet someone here in PEX will dare say that they are deserving.... Pustahan :)

And for the record, the only deserving starter in this North squad is ironically Gabe Norwood, who actually was a replacement for....surprise...Kerby Raymundo...from...no surprise...Derby Ace!

What a joke.

Comments

• Here's the reason why I hate fan voting to determine the all-start starters.

ikaw na din sumagot sa tanong mo eh
  • yes indeed...dapat ang ginawa na lang ng PBA..gin vs pf sa 1st game ng all star... kalokohan lang ngyayari eh... artadi starter?????

tas maierhofer included din???? WTH>> no wonder... kasi c ryan gregorio ang coach ng north!
  • sabihin mo din yan sa nba

fan voting is one way for the pba to say thank you to the fans. may freedom ang mga fans para iboto ang mga paborito nila.

pasensya ka nalang wala yatang charisma yang player na gusto mo.
    besides .. first five lang naman eh. yung 7 other players mga coaches ata pipili ... sa mga coaches ka magalit kung hindi makasali ang player mo.
  • shanebattiershanebattier PEx Rookie ⭐
    duitcher wrote: »
    sabihin mo din yan sa nba

fan voting is one way for the pba to say thank you to the fans. may freedom ang mga fans para iboto ang mga paborito nila.

besides .. first five lang naman eh. yung 7 other players mga coaches ata pipili ... sa mga coaches ka magalit kung hindi makasali ang player mo.

In fairness to the NBA, the fans somehow got it right. TMac was overtaken by Nash towards the end of the voting and Yao didnt make it at all. The only question is Iverson, who grabbed a starting slot despite a subpar season. Fans who voted him in were probably taking AIs status as one of the greatest little men who ever played, a token vote for a legend of the game. Same cannot be said with Artadi. Saka kung charisma pala ang labanan dito as you alluded, di magshowbiz na lang si Artadi.

And correction, im not an LA Tenorio fan.. I just believe he deserves a slot in the allstart game.

And please...dont tell me the coaches voted Maierhoffer in. Dont tell me Ryan Gregorio did not have something to do with it...
  • shanebattiershanebattier PEx Rookie ⭐
    all star game...puro typo...
  • Im not surprised. PBA has been a joke as of late. And this coming from a long-time fan.
  • In fairness to the NBA, the fans somehow got it right. TMac was overtaken by Nash towards the end of the voting and Yao didnt make it at all. The only question is Iverson, who grabbed a starting slot despite a subpar season. Fans who voted him in were probably taking AIs status as one of the greatest little men who ever played, a token vote for a legend of the game. Same cannot be said with Artadi. Saka kung charisma pala ang labanan dito as you alluded, di magshowbiz na lang si Artadi.

And correction, im not an LA Tenorio fan.. I just believe he deserves a slot in the allstart game.

And please...dont tell me the coaches voted Maierhoffer in. Dont tell me Ryan Gregorio did not have something to do with it...

wala ka nga magagawa kasi fans ang bumoto ng first five
    magalit ka sa fans ni artadi dahil bumoto sila magalit ka din sa mga fans ni tenorio na hindi bumoto sa kanya

i have to agree that la deserves to be in the all star game

anyway sa mga reserves, the coaches who were chosen sa 2 teams will have the final say kung sino kukunin nila sa reserves. well maierhoffer ... well si rg ang coach ng north eh. ganyan din nung nag coach si yeng guiao noon.
  • Well ito yung sinasabi na wa tayo magawa. Yun kasi ang binoto eh :lol:

Although surprised din ako sa inclusion ni Artadi. Ganun pala siya ka sikat? :glee:

Ito pala starters ng South voted by the fans:
    Kelly Williams
    Erik Menk
    Asi Taulava
    Cyrus Baguio
    James Yap

and the rest of the team:
    Jimmy Alapag
    Roger Yap
    Reynel Hugnatan
    Dondon Hontiveros
    Sonny Thoss
    Joe Devance
    Ronald Tubid
  • aipex42aipex42 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Saka kung charisma pala ang labanan dito as you alluded, di magshowbiz na lang si Artadi.

LMAO.:rotflmao:

What's the big deal with them playing an all star game?

Its an all-star team voted by the fan/Coaches.., not a mythical team to be decided by performance/Stats..etc..

:D
    ai.
  • phoyphoy PEx Rookie ⭐
    All-star Games Are For Fans.....its Like A Fantasy Game... Inggit K Lang Ata..
  • When you say All Star, dapat pang All Star ang laro nang player, meaning magaling ka atleast this season.

Artadi
    Menk
    Hontiveros
    Hugnatan
    Baguio
    Rico Maierhoffer

di deserving...
  • amsm07amsm07 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hontiveros di deserving?

lol, the guy's been a staple of the guard lineup for All-Stars and all the coaches know that he's a well rounded SG who can deliver. he has a couple of good games this season (one BPOG) and is currently 13th (April 10) in statistical points.

yeah, he's definitely not an all-star :D
  • westbound17westbound17 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    mostly Alaska players naman nasa All-star eh, wag ka na malungkot TS. :glee:
  • how many topic like this re- surface everytime when there a PBA all star game. this topic has been discuss to death every year.. again FANS decide who they want to see that why its an all star game.. GETS!!

so if want to see LA or other who you think deserving then go to the Coliseum/Arena bring you whole barangay and vote for him that simple...
  • ^^ You got it right and question to the TS - Did you vote for LA? How many fans does Alaska have compared to the other SMB teams? Get Alaska to require all their employees to vote for LA if you want that to happen. Even in the NBA more deserving players dont get selected because its a FAN EVENT!
  • popskypopsky PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    duitcher wrote: »
    sabihin mo din yan sa nba

Tumpak!

Isa pa siguro sa factor ay yung finals. Nanood kasi ako ng live at nag-fill up ng form doon ang fans. Eh nagkataong mas marami fans ng PF kesa sa Alaska kaya ganun.:)

At kahit online voting sempre lamang talaga ang crowd favorite like Gins.
  • its unfair na sabihing di deserving na mapunta sa all-star ang mga players like artadi, pingris, intal etc.. it only shows na madami silang fans at madaming may gusto sa laro nila. kahit sabihin man natin na mas magaling si ganito si ganyan e sa hindi nga sila naboto kasi siguro konti lang ang fans nila kasi boring sila o di sadyang pangit ang team nila.pero kahit na ganun man ang all-star is for the fans pa din and they deserve to enjoy the game.. and for the TS. in my opinion kahit na nasa san miguel o purefood o ginebra si tenorio di pa din siya maboboto na maging allstar starter..
  • edi gawin na nga lang 1st game ang pf at gin sa all star..:lol:

total puro sa kanila naman galing ang starter..at 4 the fans nga sabi niyo...:naughty:

para maging maayos na rin ang botohan sa mismong all star game... o para mas ok..yung pf at gin na lang ang main event..para magising ang mga fans sa mga pinagboboto nilang di deserving..*okay*
  • ^^ eto naman nagtampo agad.. ok lang yun.. magaling naman players ng alaska. pero di lang gaano sikat. =)
  • popskypopsky PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sino nagsabing hindi sila deserving? Deserving kaya sila lahat.

Itanong mo sa PF at BGK fans. :D

Nung nag-fill out ako ng form sa Araneta sempre 70% PF players ang tsinekan ko. Ganun talaga ang fans, ang gusto makitang naglalaro ay ang fav players nila. Katuwaan lang naman eh.

Pero si Thoss pinili kong center ha.:)