Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Folliculitis

Hi Doc Ira, What can you recommend for Folliculitis, is a dilute solution of hydrogen peroxide, benzoyl peroxide + surgical soap (phisohex) plus a topical antibiotic + oral antibiotics okay to cure folliculitis??

Comments

• IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The medications are more than enough to cure folliculitis. And if that treatment still doesn't get rid of folliculitis, I don't know what will. :lol:

Is it a severe form of folliculitis? In what particular area is the infection located?
  • Yeh... Is it severe already?
    Has it developed into boils? Any red painful swellings?
    Then you may have to take antibiotic therapy.
  • It is not yet severe, they are just like pimples. So is it okay to use the medecines,ointments that i wrote in my starting post?? Thanks
    Yes, they are. Actually, the oral antibiotic is already a bit of an overkill especially if it's only a mild form of folliculitis. :) A topical antibiotic like Bactroban coupled with the Phisohex and the drying solutions (benzoyl peroxide and hydrogen peroxide) would be more than enough. But if it's your dermatologist or physician who prescribed you that one, then go ahead.
  • Hi Doc Ira,

I would like to know if it really takes time before Folliculitis gets cured?? I was prescribed by my Doc to take an oral anti-biotic but I have since stopped taking it and the pimple like bumps are coming back again..... Is it okay for me to take the anti-biotics again?? wont taking Anti-Biotics for such a long time cause complications?? BTW I am also using Benzoyl Peroxide, though the oral anti-biotic is more effective though. Thanks. :p
    When was the last time you took it and for how long, where is your folliculitis located, what medication was given, and how long did you have to take it?
  • i had folliculitis before...nagpatingin ako sa derma na magaleng
    and she told me na it takes time lang talaga...she gave me a
    prescription...anti-acne... yun folliculitis ko eh located sa may
    elbows...i got really self-conscious kaya i wore 3/4 sleeves kasi
    after the red bumps... it will start to darken naman...

the ultimate cure? time.....yun lang talaga.....well kasi yun sa akin
    eh mild case so okay lang......ngayon wala na sya.