Home PEx Sports PBA

Air 21 should replace Keena Young

with the way he is playing, I think they should replace him. Those Locals need another offensive option!

Comments

• Tama, sa lahat ng import siya ang hirap umiskor kitang kita sa mga tira nyang pilit. Tapos he is useless in defense kahit malaki sya. I just don't kung ano nkita ni Coach Yeng sa import na yan.
  • In fairness to air21, Young is merely an import replacement as their original choice figured in a car accident right before he was to fly in to the country. That being said, air21 will go nowhere with him as it's import. They shouldn't have let go shawn daniels.
  • Steady69 wrote: »
    In fairness to air21, Young is merely an import replacement as their original choice figured in a car accident right before he was to fly in to the country. That being said, air21 will go nowhere with him as it's import. They shouldn't have let go shawn daniels.

The problem with Daniels is his freethrow shooting, last conference when they were known as BK Whoppers .. they were struggling in freethrow line and they had the poor ft percentage, you can saw it also in their first game vs SMB So It doesn't make sense to add up another player like Daniels.
  • But daniels did lead them to their only finals appearance. and his despite his weaknesses, he was perfect for air21.

Shaq and dwight howard are bad FT shooters yet they're still definite game changers.
  • Steady69 wrote: »
    But daniels did lead them to their only finals appearance. and his despite his weaknesses, he was perfect for air21.

Shaq and dwight howard are bad FT shooters yet they're still definite game changers.

i think it was not daniels that led them to their only finals appearance. i forgot his name. I think he should come back for the team.
  • bernaberna PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^

it was thomas who lead them in their only finals appearance
  • yep thomas! where the hell is that guy?

I'm really disappointed with the way Young is playing.
  • Di pwede si Steven Thomas kase 6'9 sya.
    I don't have any idea kung sino ang pedeng pamalit, they should replace Young coz he is big disappointment among the imports. He is known as an inside player but the fact is he is having hardtime to play inside kaya nagiging shooter n lang sya like Ritualo. Catch, dribble and shoot thats the way he plays. No effort on the defensive end, no aggressiveness and toughness. He don't even try to block those shots.
  • amamangloyamamangloy PEx Rookie ⭐
    saan na kaya si Terrence Shannon?
  • Well, don't blame the import SOLELY for their woes.

The locals haven't really stepped up. I'm not sure what to think of the whole ateneo + la salle experiment. Despite getting his playing time, Ritualo has done nothing (given the lofty expectations, double digits on only 1 game is unforgiveable). And to think that with the exception of Ronjay and Cortez (arguable), this team has NO scorers. So much for all his supporters who said playing time was his issue in TNT which was why he wasn't productive.

Mike Cortez seems to be getting his form back. Make him play with Buenafe rather than force the issue by trying to rebuild a La Salle backcourt.
  • James Ty IIIJames Ty III PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Xenon101 wrote: »
    Di pwede si Steven Thomas kase 6'9 sya.
    I don't have any idea kung sino ang pedeng pamalit, they should replace Young coz he is big disappointment among the imports. He is known as an inside player but the fact is he is having hardtime to play inside kaya nagiging shooter n lang sya like Ritualo. Catch, dribble and shoot thats the way he plays. No effort on the defensive end, no aggressiveness and toughness. He don't even try to block those shots.

Air21 was trying to bring in another import before Young. That first choice got hurt so Young came in. If that first guy gets well, then he should come in and replace Young.
  • Malabong makabalik agad si LeRoy Hickerson, na dislocate nga ang arms nya sa car accident at hindi na sya makakapag dunk nyan.
  • fernando_hierrofernando_hierro Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    hindi problema ang import

problema ang locals na mga bulok
  • KG21KG21 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Magpalit na sila hangga't maaga pa, kumuha na sila ng Super Import just like yung imports ng Aces at Llamados!
  • PALITAN NA SI Keena Young, ang baba ng output ng performance nya. Sayang ang FP's.
  • Palitan na. :bop:
  • Keena Young out, Jason Forte in as Air21 import (fr. Rey Joble)
  • The Jet wrote: »
    Keena Young out, Jason Forte in as Air21 import (fr. Rey Joble)

sino yan? Dumating na ba sya? Hirap pag one day practice lang. Alam naman nila na chemistry ang problema ng team.
  • I agree - he should be replaced. But not because of the way he is playing, but because it is easier to replace one import than to replace a coach, or an entire team.

He is actually a pretty good player, with a great touch in the paint. But he needs to be set-up, and he has to get the ball in the paint. He cannot create his own shot.

Ang problema, the coaching staff are not designing plays for him. Maybe they are stubbornly trying to force their system on their import, or maybe they just don't know what they are doing, I don't know.

From the first time that he stepped on the court, they should have already known what kind of player he is. He isn't the type of player you pass the ball to while he's standing behind the arc. So it's either you would have replaced him then, because you knew that he wasn't the right fit for your system. Or, you're trying to force an inside player to play from the outside just to fit your system.

Even in their last game, you could see that the locals weren't even giving him the ball, even when he was well positioned in the paint. They just threw the ball to him when they got stuck, or if the shot-clock was running down, dahil hindi na nila alam gagawin nila.

But yes, he should be replaced. But it isn't really because of anything he is, or isn't doing.
  • Xenon101 wrote: »
    sino yan? Dumating na ba sya? Hirap pag one day practice lang. Alam naman nila na chemistry ang problema ng team.

Jason Forte tried out for Coke before the conference began.

He's expected to suit up for Air21 as a temporary import only.