- Miami
- Toronto
- Charlotte

West:
- Phoenix
- San Antonio
- Oklahoma City
- Portland

With majority of the teams having 11-13 games left on schedule, I personally think these 8 teams will make it to the playoffs (Phoenix and Utah can still interchange for the 4th and 5th seed).

So out of these 8 teams who is most likely to pull off a 1st round upset?

Regardless of match-ups, I'm going for the OKC Thunder. Young guys tend to forget about the "playoff inexperience" if they have confidence and momentum (see NO Hornets 2008).

If I have to consider the match-ups, I'm rroting for Charlotte over Cleveland (a very TALL order). Capt. Jack knows what it's like to topple a top seed (circa 2007) and Charlotte seems to play better against better competition.

Comments

• BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    milwacky and bobcats and okc

portland not going anywhere past round 1.

them getting into the playoffs is itself a big "HOW THE #FF DID THAT HAPPEN?"
  • The Spurs got what it takes to upset their first round opponents
  • aseroasero PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    only bobcats...just wait when their centers are fully healed
  • asero wrote: »
    only bobcats...just wait when their centers are fully healed

enough said.
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I think OKC is a bit overrated.

Among the lower seeds, the one with the best chance of advancing is probably Phoenix.
  • durden_tylerdurden_tyler PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Obviously, Charlotte in the East.... The West offers more possibility of upsets depending on the match-up (i'd like to see Phoenix and LA early one just for the heck of it)
  • Jess24Jess24 PEx Expert 🎖️
    The Bobcats are a tough team and I know the Cavs are winless against them this season, but I dont see them beating Lebron and Co. in the event they meet in the 1st round. I think the East's top 4 teams will all advance.

Potential upsets may come in the West. San Antonio (when TP comes back) and Phoenix are legit threats.
  • westbound17westbound17 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Milwaukee Bucks if they continue their high level of game, and of course are you kidding me? the Spurs! :bungi:
  • suns and spurs. masyado pang bata at inexperienced sa playoffs ang core players ng OKC to upset the higher seeded, veteran laden teams.
  • Bakit bungi? :glee:

I agree with our mod's assessment on the Thunder..I don't think Kristic is the type of big that will enable your team to advance in the playoffs.
  • namazuconnamazucon PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Naku, mukhang mahirap kalabanin ang #1 seeded team sa East at West na Cleveland Cavaliers at Los Angeles Lakers.
  • rationalrational PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The Spurs! Tony Parker coming back right before the playoffs.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    who needs a big man when you got an explosive player in Durant
  • Yung nasa East. mas madaling talunin ang cavs :evil:
  • Rocker09Rocker09 Next Gen. Tennis Star
    Based on how they manhandled the lakers, Oklahoma City....
  • For Orlando:
    Charlotte is the team that could give trouble to them in the first round because they got great team defense, a solid coach in Larry Brown and have enough bigs (Ratliff, Chandler and Mohammed) to throw at Dwight.

Miami doesn't have enough firepower but a one-man wrecking crew like D-Wade could easily put Howard out of the game due to foul trouble.

Milwaukee can neutralize Dwight Howard if Andrew Bogut brings his A-game on both ends of the court.

Toronto is my personal preference as 1st round opponent. This series has all the drama you could ask for (Toronto vs. Vince, Orlando vs. Hedo) and would definitely settle the travesty that is Hedo > Vince. :rotflmao:

USTE LO MEJOR!
    VIVA SANTO TOMAS!
  • Since alanganin na ang BULLS,, I'll now go for Durant and Thunders...
    :D:D:D:D
  • Are the Cavs winless against the Bobcats? I think they also own the defending champs.
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I've been watching a lot of OKC games this season, and they just ain't a grind-it-out team. They have very little halfcourt sets and rely a lot on their athleticism. I'm just not sure that will hold in the playoffs.
  • Jess24Jess24 PEx Expert 🎖️
    neth_row wrote: »
    I've been watching a lot of OKC games this season, and they just ain't a grind-it-out team. They have very little halfcourt sets and rely a lot on their athleticism. I'm just not sure that will hold in the playoffs.

OKC relies on explosive starts to win games (which is not even a guarantee considering that they've lost games where they led by a sizable margin). But who knows, they might just mature in the big stage.