Home PEx Campus College of Saint Benilde

about(BS-IT) w/Specialization in Game Design and Development

tanong lang po kung mgkano tuition fee
is dis a new course s school n 2?
i've been looking for a course like this and ** ako nalead
tnong ko rin po kng pwede mg avail ng skolarship

im a BALS graduate and nkita ko sa website nila na accepting nmn *** ng mga grads mula **. dats cool*okay*

Comments

• j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Avoid using SMS speak, dini-discourage ng mods 'yan dito. :D

The degree program have been under development for quite sometime at ang alam ko ngayon pa lang siya inooffer sa mga freshmen applicants. Puwede naman siguro magtake ng second degree ang mga graduate na, you just need to inquire about it on the Admissions Office.
  • ah ok, thanks for the info
    so bago lang ito kaya wala masyado nakakaalam?
    and im BALS grad anong mga scholarship kaya pwede sakin
  • if you are referring about G.D.D it's still in pionering stage.. meaning wala pang guarantee ... but im not sure kasi im from I.S,, di ko pa nga nakikita yung comlab na ginagamit ng GDD students.. or if same lang samin kapwa IS
  • Incoming frosh yung kabarkada ko sa BS-IT. *okay*
  • gudluck sa kanya haha.. madali yung course kung i pepetiks.. pero kung pag aaralan mo yung mga tinuturo marame kang tricks na malalamn talga .. sulit din mag IS.. flexible yung course
  • kosmos wrote: »
    gudluck sa kanya haha.. madali yung course kung i pepetiks.. pero kung pag aaralan mo yung mga tinuturo marame kang tricks na malalamn talga .. sulit din mag IS.. flexible yung course

Just to clear things... I dare say GDD is the most difficult course in DLS-CSB. :) Pwedeng i-petiks siguro... re-repeat ka lang naman hehe :rotflmao:
  • Interested talaga ako dito. Aspiring Game Developer kasi ako eh :D
  • GamerProf wrote: »
    Just to clear things... I dare say GDD is the most difficult course in DLS-CSB. :) Pwedeng i-petiks siguro... re-repeat ka lang naman hehe :rotflmao:

I agree with this, sa SMIT, GDD ata ang pinaka-mahirap na course, second nalang ang Information Systems.

I saw GDD's flowchart, nosebleed lang mga subjects eh. Haha
  • Hi guys, I'm Mark from Bacolod (Visayas). I'm a graduate student of BS Computer Engineering from University of St. La Salle. I was wondering if I enrolled in Game Design and Development, will my minor and some math subjects (not related to GDD) be credited? I was hoping to graduate in less than 2 or 3 years if that's possible here. I'm open for opinions and suggestions regarding this matter. Thanks!
  • Spark009 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm Mark from Bacolod (Visayas). I'm a graduate student of BS Computer Engineering from University of St. La Salle. I was wondering if I enrolled in Game Design and Development, will my minor and some math subjects (not related to GDD) be credited? I was hoping to graduate in less than 2 or 3 years if that's possible here. I'm open for opinions and suggestions regarding this matter. Thanks!

Hi Mark. I think it depends on the subjects and course content. I'm not sure of the exact details but I think you need to apply for those subjects to be credited. I believe BSIT-GDD will be open for transferee & shiftees (I assume open to those who would want to take a 2nd degree as well) by June SY2011-2012... probably contact admissions for their schedule and requirements. Anyhow, my advise (regarding crediting subjects) is get a copy of the syllabus (every subject you want to get credit for)... it is the only way for the program to determine if they'll credit it or not.

I do expect that most of the General Education subjects will likely be credited (unless there are crediting policies that the school enforces that we don't know about)... since it is almost the same across courses in the Philippines since it is CHED mandated... like every course in the Philippines will have a subject on Jose Rizal - since it is in the CHED memorandum order.
  • Hi Mark. I think it depends on the subjects and course content. I'm not sure of the exact details but I think you need to apply for those subjects to be credited. I believe BSIT-GDD will be open for transferee & shiftees (I assume open to those who would want to take a 2nd degree as well) by June SY2011-2012... probably contact admissions for their schedule and requirements. Anyhow, my advise (regarding crediting subjects) is get a copy of the syllabus (every subject you want to get credit for)... it is the only way for the program to determine if they'll credit it or not.

I do expect that most of the General Education subjects will likely be credited (unless there are crediting policies that the school enforces that we don't know about)... since it is almost the same across courses in the Philippines since it is CHED mandated... like every course in the Philippines will have a subject on Jose Rizal - since it is in the CHED memorandum order.

Oh ok, Thanks GamerProf. Uhmm, how can I get their syllabus for Game Design and Development? since I'm from Visayas, do I need to go to the school or I'll just contact them via email or phone and they'll just send me through email? and lastly, how's the Game Design and Development's status now? I heard its in the pioneering stage and how's the teaching their? sorry if I have a lot of questions, I just want to be sure because I want to be taught good since this is my most awaited course and my passion as well. Thanks! :)
    Try to contact the nearest institutions under De La Salle Philippines (i.e. Bacolod's University of St. La Salle) and ask if they have the latest copy of CSB's PROSPECTUS which is a guide about the school and the different programs being offered there. There's usually a rundown of each course' syllabus. :)
  • Or just go to the website of CSB and view the subjects via Adobe :D
  • magkano tuition per sem ng GDD??
  • xjeenx wrote: »
    magkano tuition per sem ng GDD??

Depends on the term... more labs usually equates to higher tuition... generally speaking (I'm not sure though)... at least 60k. Safe to assume that the tuition will be very close to MMA rates.

The school is offering scholarships... so it'll be possible to have free education (at least tuition-wise). *okay*
    Hopefully tuition will periodically decrease depending on the number of units you take per term, am I right GamerProf? :D
  • Meron din sa APC and CIIT Game and design development diba? mas mura tuition pa hehe magaganda portfolio nila eh nakita ko..