PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Letter of reconsideration effective ba?

Para makapasok sa Ust ay kailangang:

Nakapasa ka sa ustet

Maaga kang mkapunta sa Ust sa
araw ng report date at makakuha pa
by slot

At sumulat ng letter for reconsideration

Epektib pa ba itong letter na Ito?

Comments

• gilenngilenn Member PExer
    I'm not sure if my HS batchmate wrote a letter of reconsideration but in her case they personally talked to the Dean. She didn't pass Nursing but her brother did. I think her parents talked to the dean and asked if she could get the slot that was supposed to be for her brother. She had good grades in HS so I think they pulled it off cause I saw her in UST.
  • Carl MaloneCarl Malone Saber Rattler PExer
    Para makapasok sa Ust ay kailangang:

Nakapasa ka sa ustet

Maaga kang mkapunta sa Ust sa
    araw ng report date at makakuha pa
    by slot

At sumulat ng letter for reconsideration

Epektib pa ba itong letter na Ito?

I’ve seen your postings and you seem desperate about getting into UST. Here’s an excerpt from what you said in another posting:
    yan na lang po problem ko ehh... acad placement po ako!!
    kinuha ko is applied physics major in instrumentation and nutrition and dietetics... malaki po ang interest ko jan sa minimum cut off na binigay sakin.... and i think mag eenjoy ako sa courses na yan at maaachieve ko ang dream ko.. 1st choice ko po architecture and 2nd is biochemistry... hehe

My understanding, from the above, is that UST did not qualify you for the courses architecture and biochemistry, your 1st and 2nd choices, respectively. These are courses that are heavy in sciences and math.

Not having been qualified for those two courses, you’ve been put under academic placement and you are now choosing between applied physics or nutrition and dietetics. But applied physics is another course that is even heavier in sciences and math in the abstract sense. I don’t think the college dean concerned will consider you a candidate noting that you did not even qualify for architecture or biochemistry.

Your next bet, therefore, is nutrition and dietetics. I believe that the conditions that, at least, must be present so that your application may then be considered are the following:
    1) Your USTET score should be close enough to the cut-off score of the nutrition and dietetics course.
    2) You have a report of your high school grades (certified by your school) that mostly contains grades of 80 or higher.
    3) You came from a school (public or private) that has a reputation for turning out good average students.

The effectiveness of your letter of reconsideration will depend on its factual or truthful contents and how your letter will sound sincerely persuasive.

If you want to have some ideas about writing a letter of reconsideration, check this: http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379403&page=2

Finally, I advise that you be honest with yourself about why you want to get into UST. Is the course nutrition and dietetics the one course that would truly serve your dream? I believe that when one plans for college, the considerations, in the order of importance, are the following:
    a) Your dream or vision or mission in life
    b) Your inclination and aptitude/capabilities
    c) Choose the course that serves (a) and (b)
    d) Choose a good/capable school that offers the course you chose, which you or your parents can afford. It doesn’t have to belong to the ‘big 3’ or ‘big 4’.

When you choose a school because you want to look good before others, then you do not know what you are really about.

I hope this helps.
  • clawed_outclawed_out Banned by Admin PExer
    Your letter will not do you any good. Have that made by the President of the Phils and they might give you two seconds.

Of all the excerpts here.

Physics (Science), Biochem (Pharma), Archi (Archi)-

3 colleges that are very hard to get into.

Your only option is Nutrition and Dietetics. Even with that, you may find stiff competition as there are thousands hopefuls like you.

And what's worse (good for the Uni) is, they are strengthening their programs. Meaning, the standards are being raised and attrition rate will be high.

Good luck.

My advice, know someone high within the University for a good recommendation. Other than that, you're chances are small.
  • MariaGlenditaMariaGlendita bluemar = jcofthebbb PExer
    clawed_out wrote: »
    Your letter will not do you any good. Have that made by the President of the Phils and they might give you two seconds.

Of all the excerpts here.

Physics (Science), Biochem (Pharma), Archi (Archi)-

3 colleges that are very hard to get into.

Your only option is Nutrition and Dietetics. Even with that, you may find stiff competition as there are thousands hopefuls like you.

And what's worse (good for the Uni) is, they are strengthening their programs. Meaning, the standards are being raised and attrition rate will be high.

Good luck.

My advice, know someone high within the University for a good recommendation. Other than that, you're chances are small.

Pwede na kaya ang Manila Archbishop as character reference for the reconsideration letter?

:rotflmao:
  • joseph0487joseph0487 Contemplare et Contemplata PExer
    Pwede na kaya ang Manila Archbishop as character reference for the reconsideration letter?

:rotflmao:

Why not. Let's see what will happen po. As far as i know kasi they're strict po talaga when it comes to admission. Yung kaklase ko nga nung high school uncle nya si Bishop Talamayan, pero he gets no special treatment.
    Siguro naman kung may Imprimatur ng Apostolic Nuncio ang reconsideration letter eh papayag na ang UST no.

:glee:
  • clawed_outclawed_out Banned by Admin PExer
    Regents of colleges will do. ;)

I'm pretty sure red tape still exist there.

Old habits are like weeds. They don't die fast.
    clawed_out wrote: »
    Regents of colleges will do. ;)

I'm pretty sure red tape still exist there.

Old habits are like weeds. They don't die fast.

Ooooh, I like weed. :lol:
  • philipacosta26philipacosta26 Tomasino na ako! PExer
    I’ve seen your postings and you seem desperate about getting into UST. Here’s an excerpt from what you said in another posting:
    yan na lang po problem ko ehh... acad placement po ako!!
    kinuha ko is applied physics major in instrumentation and nutrition and dietetics... malaki po ang interest ko jan sa minimum cut off na binigay sakin.... and i think mag eenjoy ako sa courses na yan at maaachieve ko ang dream ko.. 1st choice ko po architecture and 2nd is biochemistry... hehe

My understanding, from the above, is that UST did not qualify you for the courses architecture and biochemistry, your 1st and 2nd choices, respectively. These are courses that are heavy in sciences and math.

Not having been qualified for those two courses, you’ve been put under academic placement and you are now choosing between applied physics or nutrition and dietetics. But applied physics is another course that is even heavier in sciences and math in the abstract sense. I don’t think the college dean concerned will consider you a candidate noting that you did not even qualify for architecture or biochemistry.

Your next bet, therefore, is nutrition and dietetics. I believe that the conditions that, at least, must be present so that your application may then be considered are the following:
    1) Your USTET score should be close enough to the cut-off score of the nutrition and dietetics course.
    2) You have a report of your high school grades (certified by your school) that mostly contains grades of 80 or higher.
    3) You came from a school (public or private) that has a reputation for turning out good average students.

The effectiveness of your letter of reconsideration will depend on its factual or truthful contents and how your letter will sound sincerely persuasive.

If you want to have some ideas about writing a letter of reconsideration, check this: http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379403&page=2

Finally, I advise that you be honest with yourself about why you want to get into UST. Is the course nutrition and dietetics the one course that would truly serve your dream? I believe that when one plans for college, the considerations, in the order of importance, are the following:
    a) Your dream or vision or mission in life
    b) Your inclination and aptitude/capabilities
    c) Choose the course that serves (a) and (b)
    d) Choose a good/capable school that offers the course you chose, which you or your parents can afford. It doesn’t have to belong to the ‘big 3’ or ‘big 4’.

When you choose a school because you want to look good before others, then you do not know what you are really about.

I hope this helps.

Sir ang problem ko nalang po kasi sa nutrition and dietetics ay pumipili lang sila ng mga estudyante which will be posted in the bulletin board on april 20, 2010. Kapag yung name ko ay wala dun wala na akong chance makapasok sa ust.

but i have my highschool grades. actually im the top 1 in my class. and i got below 95% and above 87%..

its my dream and goal to be a nutritionist.

actually, kada bili ko ng products tinitignan ko yung nutrition facts.

i also conduct researches about vitamin A-Z..

and i want to be a ust product and teach me to the rest of my college life.

may tanung pa po ako....

pwede bang mag purong tagalog sa letter of reconsideration? mas ma eexpress ko po siguro yung dapat kong ipahayag ,
  • cathrynnecathrynne Certified!! PExer
    eh, how about writing a reconsideration letter to pass ab communication arts? ipapasa kaya nila iyon?

I have my friend kasi and failed siya sa AB communication pero passed niya yung conservatory of music. ipapasa po kaya nila yung reconsideration letter nila?
    cathrynne wrote: »
    eh, how about writing a reconsideration letter to pass ab communication arts? ipapasa kaya nila iyon?

I have my friend kasi and failed siya sa AB communication pero passed niya yung conservatory of music. ipapasa po kaya nila yung reconsideration letter nila?

as i have learned!. try nya lang pong gumawa ng letter for recon and submit niya po iyon personally sa dean ng program na iyon.
  • cathrynnecathrynne Certified!! PExer
    thanks a lot!!
    nag pass na ako ng reconsideration letter para sa architecture... and kinuha yung number ko..

anu po bang ibig sabihin nito? na reconsider naba ako sa architecture?
  • SyusukeSyusuke -Hakugei- PExer
    nag pass na ako ng reconsideration letter para sa architecture... and kinuha yung number ko..

anu po bang ibig sabihin nito? na reconsider naba ako sa architecture?

It's normal for them to ask for your number. How will they contact you if you are reconsidered or failed without it??
    nag sulat po kasi yung principal namin ng letter for reconsideration eh. and lahat ng grades ko pinakita mula grade 3 to 4th year hs. and nagulat sila na bakit di daw ako nakapasa sa ustet.. 90% pataas grades ko.

possible bang iniisip nilang di maganda ang standard ng school ko? :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
  • SyusukeSyusuke -Hakugei- PExer
    nag sulat po kasi yung principal namin ng letter for reconsideration eh. and lahat ng grades ko pinakita mula grade 3 to 4th year hs. and nagulat sila na bakit di daw ako nakapasa sa ustet.. 90% pataas grades ko.

possible bang iniisip nilang di maganda ang standard ng school ko? :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

It depends. Some schools give students high grades even thugh they don't deserve it. I'm not saying that "that is your case" but HS grades or even elementary grades are subjective.
  • AshlarsAshlars Viva Santo Tomas! PExer
    HS grade 'not fair basis' for accepting freshmen

THE OFFICE for Admissions has “temporarily” stopped requiring high school grades from most Thomasian hopefuls, saying that they are “not fair bases” for accepting college applicants.

“A student’s grade of 85 can be considered high in other schools, while it can only be an average or a poor rating in other schools with higher standards,” said admissions director Mecheline Zonia Manalastas.

As stated in the student handbook, UST entrance examination (Ustet) takers are graded based on the score in the test (80 percent) and high school averages in Mathematics, Science and English (20 percent) from first year to third year.

The new policy means an applicant’s chances of entering UST depends entirely on the Ustet, except in the colleges of Nursing, Education, Tourism and Hospitality Management, the Conservatory of Music, and the Faculty of Pharmacy where high school grades together with additional requirements such as an interview, are still required.

Manalastas said the new policy addresses “immediate concerns” of parents who find it difficult to secure their child’s high school grades.
    She said it would make Thomasian education accessible to more applicants.

“Giving more students a chance to take the Ustet is a sign that you want education to be availed of by as many [students as possible],” Manalastas said.

Data from the registrar’s office showed that more and more students are entering UST since the policy was introduced in 2008.

A total of 38,708 students enrolled for this semester, an increase of more than 100 students from school year 2008-2009 when there were only 38,523.

The figure last year was a 10-percent increase from the school year 2007-2008, when only 34,964 enrolled.

Manalastas said the University is after the “quality and not the quantity” of students.

The entrance fee for applicants belonging to the top five of their respective batches was waived starting last year, drawing around 5,000 “top performing” students to take Ustet, according to Manalastas.

Initially, only those that belong to the top three were exempted from paying the entrance fee.

“The University is not after the quantity of enrollees. The number of students is a good sign that you want education to be availed of by as many. It’s a right for everyone to have an access to a good and quality education,” Manalastas said.

The online applications, which started last year, was also one of the factors why the office stopped requiring high school grades for admission.

“You’ll never know if the child will key in his true grades or not,” she said. “It’s not actually an alteration, rather an improvement of our admission policies.”

Manalastas also clarified that the policy is “neither permanent nor fully implemented” since she would have to meet the college deans and secretary general Fr. Florentino Bolo, O.P. first to discuss the proposal. Adrienne Jesse A. Maleficio
    i got an average of 93.07 on my 3rd grading period.

may physics grade is 95
    my math is 94
    my english is 91...

wala naman na talaga silang ma cocompute sa grades ko kundi ganyan.

physics:
    periodic exam = 98
    project= 98(science fair)
    quizzes = 95
    recitation/behavior= 92
    longtest = 90
    assignments = 98

math/trigonometry:
    periodic exam = 95
    longtest= 94
    project/notes = 96
    quizzes= 98
    recitation behavior = 94
    assignments = 93

english:
    periodic exam: 89
    longtest: 95
    thesis: 88
    quizzes : 92
    recitation/behavior: 93
    assignments= 92

pag compute nila is ganun lumalabas na grade, nag complain pa nga ko kung bkit ganyan katataas baka ma apektuhan yung admission ko sa college kasi parang di kapanipaniwala eh. mataas naman standard ng school namin. actually nasa top 10 yung school namin when they have a City academic meet.

ang nag tataka ako, bkit ang baba ko sa ustet.. hehe.. academic placement lang. hehe. bkit ganun. what does it mean? low standard school namin? or dahil sa di ako nag review.. or di ko talaga deserve yung grades na binibigay sakin? hay naku.
  • kozier_89kozier_89 Member PExer
    baka overconfident ka siguro. :lol: peace.:D
  • Aphasia017Aphasia017 MD in the making PExer
    sige ikaw na ang may mataas na grades. :rotflmao:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file