Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness

Is it okay to go to the gym even if you're on graveyard shift?

Im going to be assigned to the night shift soon and I really want to stay fit pa din, pero is that safe? kasi siyempre puyat ka tapos nasa gym ka pa. :mecry:

Comments

• F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I use to go to the gym at 2 o'clock in the morning. I had insomnia and I did night shifts in ER (before the ambulance). Perfect. No people, just me, my head phones, and screams of pain. Drive up and back (around four) was perfect too, no traffic, parking lot was all mine. LOL.

Loved it. The sleep though, is the only thing. Workout whenever you can, as long as you do it right. There are studies that show that the 'best' times to workout (different depending who you asking) but really, you can't say, 'well I won't work out because it's not the right time.' The right time is when you're available.

Keep consistent, do it right and eat healthy. That's it, time has got little to do with it, at least in much significant sense.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    If you have the energy then go... if not go before shift
  • rapidpunchrapidpunch PEx Rookie ⭐
    bJ wrote: »
    Im going to be assigned to the night shift soon and I really want to stay fit pa din, pero is that safe? kasi siyempre puyat ka tapos nasa gym ka pa. :mecry:

i go to the gym when i wake up in the afternoon. . .
  • vinoivinoi PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    6months na ko graveyard shift, 9pm to 6am, naka eastern standard time na ang bodyclock ko, i go to the gym after work. around 7am (7pm sa bodyclock ko) nasa gym nako, by 12 or 1pm (am) mahimbing na ang tulog ko then wake up at around 6.

sanayan lang
  • yeah sanayan lang yan. I usually show up at the gym around midnight.
  • kame nga ng utol ko call center. 4 am pasok up to 1. tapos ng shift diretso workout sa eclipse. dedication lang
  • archer_dude13archer_dude13 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I've been in the night shift for almost 9 years now. I've been working out since College. I never considered my work as a hindrance to what I want to achieve.

I workout before I go to work. After work, go home right away, eat then sleep. It's just a matter of time management and not losing your determination and focus at the same time.
  • mark_markmark_mark PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    siguro nga puwede kasi iyong mga artista nga grabe mag puyat sa shooting pero ang gaganda ng katawan
  • ectonomoreectonomore PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ok lang...since sa gabi ang trabaho, make sure na tulog ka naman sa umaga...get enough rest while at home

basically, baligtarin mo lang araw mo