Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness

How to use whey protein? very informative!!!!!!!!

Like a new training program, scheduling-in protein can be a little awkward and overwhelming in the
beginning. But, stay with it and you’ll be an expert before you know it. You’ll start to notice some serious
performance, recovery, and appearance improvements in just a few short weeks too. Here’s a personalized
schedule to get you started; progress through the ranks at your own pace.

BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE

NITROCORE 24™

Δ Morning

Δ Before & After Workouts

Δ Before Bed

ADVANCED

100% WHEY GOLD STANDARD™

Δ Morning

Δ Before & After Workouts

GOLD STANDARD™ 100% CASEIN

Δ Before Bed

PROFESSIONAL/COMPETITION

PRO COMPLEX®

Δ Morning

Δ Before Workouts

2:1:1 RECOVERY™

Δ After Workouts

GOLD STANDARD™ 100% CASEIN

Δ Before Bed

PRO COMPLEX

Morning ★★★★★

Pre-Workout ★★★★★

Post-Workout ★★★★

Between Meals ★★★★

Before Bed ★★★

100% WHEY GOLD

Morning ★★★★★

Pre-Workout ★★★★★

Post-Workout ★★★★

Between Meals ★★★

Before Bed ★

100% EGG

Morning ★★★★

Pre-Workout ★★★★

Post-Workout ★★★

Between Meals ★★★

Before Bed ★★

NITROCORE 24

Morning ★★★

Pre-Workout ★★

Post-Workout ★★★

Between Meals ★★★★★

Before Bed ★★★★

100% CASEIN

Morning ★

Pre-Workout ★

Post-Workout ★★

Between Meals ★★★

Before Bed ★★★★★

2:1:1 Recovery

Morning ★★

Pre-Workout ★★★

Post-Workout ★★★★★

Between Meals ★★

Before Bed ★

FIRST THING IN THE MORNING: The period between when you go to bed and wake up in the
morning is the longest that your body goes without food. “Break the fast” with protein. In
addition to providing much needed amino acids for muscle maintenance and rebuilding,
proteins provide more stable, sustained energy than that donut or bagel that you’re
currently chowing on. Opt for a faster-acting protein like whey first thing in the morning.

PRE-WORKOUT: By drinking a protein shake about an hour before your workout, you’ll
“prime” your body for growth with BCAAs and other essential amino acids. Whey and egg
proteins are a good choice, because they are easy to drink and quickly digested.

POST-WORKOUT: The 30-60 minute time frame following exercise is the single most
important time of the day to get protein. Enzymes and hormones are actively repairing
and rebuilding exercise-induced damage as well as replenishing glycogen stores, so your
muscles are especially receptive to nutrients. By supplying a post-workout recovery
protein containing whey, casein, egg, and simple carbohydrates during this “window” of
opportunity, you’ll help ensure that you’re recharged and ready for your next training
session.

BETWEEN MEALS: Consuming a protein shake in between meals not only helps keep muscle
synthesis maximized, it also helps keep body fat and body weight in check. Proteins help
stimulate the release of gut hormones that trigger a feeling of fullness or satiety. Dairy
proteins (whey, casein, and milk) are considered to be better appetite blunters than other
protein sources – especially when combined with dietary fiber – so choose a product with
one or more of these proteins if weight control is part of your goals.

BEFORE BED: Prepare your body for the long fast ahead with a casein protein shake a half
an hour before bed. Unlike whey which is rapidly broken down in the gut, casein is digested
at a much slower rate releasing its amino acid constituents over several hours throughout
the night while you sleep. For this reason, casein is commonly referred to as a timereleased
protein. Casein is also considered anti-catabolic because it’s rich in glutamine and
other amino acids that help protect against muscle breakdown.

Comments

• Sir how about amino acid supplement, what is the proper way to take it..e.g before work out ,after work out, between meals, before go to bed..? and how many caps or tab should take? e.g. for amino 2222 how many caps/tabs..for amino 6000?
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^read the label on the box. Seriously, not trying to sound like *****. A lot of people misuse (like the person who took too much Hydroxycut Hardcore that got it pulled out for a while) supplements, because of the lack of little common sense: read the instruction on the box.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    ^ If common sense came in a bottle and I was selling it, I'd be a millionaire by now
  • ^read the label on the box. Seriously, not trying to sound like *****. A lot of people misuse (like the person who took too much Hydroxycut Hardcore that got it pulled out for a while) supplements, because of the lack of little common sense: read the instruction on the box.

... i do read naman,,mejo nag alanganin lang kasi ko,,my thinking kasi if i follow the instruction, baka ma overdose naman ako kasi im a beginner pa lang naman(baka for advance gym guy na un)...anyway thanks for the feedback..
    ^ Don't you think that the manufacturers have enough common sense not to overdose you???
  • How in the world would you overdose on whey protein? You're just as likely to overdose on milk, or water. Which is basically what these protein drinks are: milk without the fat and carbs.
  • blakedaddy wrote: »
    ^ Don't you think that the manufacturers have enough common sense not to overdose you???

sorry chief..thats why i said to my reply, is un po ang 'thinking ko'..cenxa na kung na iirita ..kaya nga nagtatanung dahil gusto ko may malaman...thanks sir..
  • blakedaddy wrote: »
    ^ If common sense came in a bottle and I was selling it, I'd be a millionaire by now

ma status message nga sa facebook yan :p

anyways.. Protein whey? not for me.. Food protein ang gingwa ko.. mas natural fish, eggs etc para mag nag END OF THE WORLD ala 2012 d me mag cracrave sa protein whey.. lolz kidding aside..
    protein overdose wlang ganun.. pag na sobrahan ka *** sa protein mag kakapimple ka.. kaya dapat mag-sweat ka when your taking Protein Whey.is that a myth or what?? please GYM Pro's help me!!!.. THANKS :p
    ^myth. Your body will respond differently to your diet. Pimples are not caused by diet alone; also by hormonal change etc. And no I don't see why you have to be sweating to avoid this. LOL. Sweating or not it's not going to change what goes on in your stomach; only difference is maybe the anabolic window...but still don't explain about pimples lol.

Common sense: when somebody tells you something ridiculous as taking supplements when you're sweating, it's bullsh!t.

to liveralah, companies want you to succeed, they usually put the best explanation they can. why? Success=more money for them, because you will buy it more, and you will tell your friends to buy. Plus no litigation from idiots overdosing.

Usually they will put 'under dosage' in fact. Because they expect the taker to be a beginner. Like when you read over the counter drug instructions...because they know people are hapless when it comes to deciding how much to take.
  • ^myth. Your body will respond differently to your diet. Pimples are not caused by diet alone; also by hormonal change etc. And no I don't see why you have to be sweating to avoid this. LOL. Sweating or not it's not going to change what goes on in your stomach; only difference is maybe the anabolic window...but still don't explain about pimples lol.

Common sense: when somebody tells you something ridiculous as taking supplements when you're sweating, it's bullsh!t.

to liveralah, companies want you to succeed, they usually put the best explanation they can. why? Success=more money for them, because you will buy it more, and you will tell your friends to buy. Plus no litigation from idiots overdosing.

Usually they will put 'under dosage' in fact. Because they expect the taker to be a beginner. Like when you read over the counter drug instructions...because they know people are hapless when it comes to deciding how much to take.

Ok thanks for the explanation... anyway Some people does but I don't think it's due to poor perspiration. I think it's due to mild allergic reaction or maybe because of lactose issues. I got some friend of mine who develops acne with whey, just like what I've said to myself, whey vs real/whole foods protein has no difference

anyway about the "reading the label" thing yah its good.. Follow instructions.. Pro iba parin pag may PRO approach. Like galing sa Doctor. Hindi ka naman pwede bsta bumili ng Medicine tapos babasahin mo *** yung indication sa back.. Dapat syempre you should consult or heed some advice, same goes as taking Protein Whey/Supplements Etc.. :p
  • The main thing is to get a gram of protein per lb of body weight daily. Whey protein is especially useful for your post-workout shake because it is easily digested.

Otherwise, just get adequate protein and don't over-think this.

Kevin
    http://strongandfit.net
  • is it ok to use mass building weider for a beginner?
    ^ Ayusin mo muna eatng and training habits mo
  • Does whey protein makes you fat? napadaan lang po ask lang po for my brother thanks in advance
  • BoyTan wrote: »
    Does whey protein makes you fat? napadaan lang po ask lang po for my brother thanks in advance

nope.. yung mga gainer.. serious mass yun ang pampalaki..
    Does whey protein makes you fat? napadaan lang po ask lang po for my brother thanks in advance

If whey makes you fat, steak would make you obese... yun nalang...
    BoyTan wrote: »

It can. Just like steroids if you don't work out it will. LOL.
  • ^ Does it burn fats? or help burn fats?
    No,...well not the way you newbs see it.

In laymen: Protein is taken in by your muscles to repair and build new ones upon use. Thus size. With size/mass that muscle requires more energy to 'keep'. So what it does, every time you use it or not (even sitting down watching tv), will 'take' energy eg fat (stored form of energy). That's what's called 'metabolism'.

More muscle, more energy. With proper diet and exercise (that will prevent excess fat to be stored, and excitement of muscles to grow), will 'suck' the stored fat out eventually.
  • ^Thank you very much for your info. Sir.....