FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Any thoughts on Joel Rosenberg novels?

Jay_CorleoneJay_Corleone Blood is a big expense PExer
I'm planning to buy two of his books that interest me, is it worth it? Any thoughts?

Comments

• C.I.C.C.IC.I.C.C.I Member ✭✭✭
    I'm planning to buy two of his books that interest me, is it worth it? Any thoughts?

If you like/enjoy reading political suspense/ thrillers you would enjoy him.

He writes about the Middle East and the current political turmoil there...

I only read two books.... THE LAST JIHAD and THE LAST DAYS but have the rest on queue.
  • Jay_CorleoneJay_Corleone Blood is a big expense PExer
    C.I.C.C.I wrote: »
    If you like/enjoy reading political suspense/ thrillers you would enjoy him.

He writes about the Middle East and the current political turmoil there...

I only read two books.... THE LAST JIHAD and THE LAST DAYS but have the rest on queue.

Wow, thanks!! I'll take those as your recommendation, I'll start with both of 'em..:)
    Wow, thanks!! I'll take those as your recommendation, I'll start with both of 'em..:)

No worries.

Another author you might consider if you enjoy political thrillers would be VINCE FLYNN

A friend told me that DANIEL SILVA is also a good/great author but I still haven't tried him out.
    hardback
    431 pages
    copyright 2005
    ISBN-13: 978-1-4143-0343-7

THE EZEKIEL OPTION - JOEL ROSENBERG

LC.JPG&client=

JOEL C ROSENBERG'S
    NEW YORK BESTSELLING
    NOVELS HAVE UNCANNY
    WAYS OF COMING TRUE

The first page of his first thriller, The Last Jihad, put readers inside the cockpit of a hijacked jet, coming in on a kamikaze attack into an American city... but it was written nine months before September 11, 2001. As Jihad unfolds, an American president finds himself in a war with Saddam Hussein over terrorism and weapons of mass destruction...but it was published five months before the actual was with Iraq began.

Rosenberg's second novel, The Last Days, opens with the death of Yasser Arafat and an American president pressing for peace in the Middle East... but it was published thirteen months before the actual death of Yasser Arafat.

With Saddam Hussein and Yasser Arafat out of the way, a dazzling era of security and prosperity seems to have come to the Middle East. With the help of an American president trying to spread freedom and democracy, the Israelis and the Palestinians have signed a historic peace agreement. Violence is down. Their economies are booming.

But a new evil looms on the horizon. A dictator is rising in Russia. Iran is feverishly building nuclear weapons. A new Axis of Evil is emerging, led by Moscow and Tehran. And Jon Bennett and Erin McCoy -- two senior White House advisors -- find themselves facing the most chilling question of their lives:

IS THE WORLD RUSHING TO THE BRINK OF AN APOCALYPSE PROPHESIED MORE THAN 2,500 YEARS AGO?
    hardback
    378 pages
    copyright 2006
    ISBN-10: 1-4143-0346-7
    ISBN:13: 078--14143-0346-8

THE COPPER SCROLL - JOEL C ROSENBERG

LC.JPG&client=sfpl&type=

IN 1956, A SCORLL WAS UNCOVERED THAT SHOCKED THE WORLD.

Fifty Years later, the world is about to be shocked again.

ON JUNE 1, 1956, the New York Times broke a story that captured the imagination of the world. Another Dead Sea Scroll had been found, unlike any before it, describing unimaginable treasures worth untold billions buried in the hills east of Jerusalem and under the Holy City itself.

In the years that followed, scholars came to believe that THE COPPER SCROLL COULD BE HISTORY's GREATEST TREASURE MAP, one that could not only lead to the treasures but pave the way to the building of the Third Jewish Temple.

But the scroll's code has never been broken, and experts from all sides warn that any effort by Israel to rebuild their Temple in Jerusalem would unleash a war of biblical proportions.

Now, exactly fifty years after the Copper Scroll was unveiled, New York Times bestselling author Joel C. Rosenberg takes you on his most exciting and heart-pounding ride yet.

SADDAM HUSSEIN IS GONE.
    YASSER ARAFAT IS DEAD.
    A NEW IRAQ IS RISING.

Now White House advisors Jon Bennett and Erin McCoy find themselves facing a terrifying new threat triggered by an ancient mystery.
  • cyberfunkcyberfunk "It's just a flesh wound.." ✭✭✭
    I've read The Last Jihad, The Last days and the The Ezekiel Option. They're a great read! Sort of answers the "what if" scenarios. Like what how would it would be when an Islamic country was actually nuked and that elusive solution for peace in the middle east. Unlikely ang hero since he's a young businessman or a wall street genius..

You might like Robert Tanenbaum or Nelson deMille. Try Patrick Robinson and Brad Thor.
    hardback
    384 pages
    copyright 2008
    ISBN-10: 1-4143-1161-3
    ISBN-13:" 978-1-4143-1161-6

DEAD HEAT - JOEL C. ROSENBERG

LC.JPG&client=sfpl&type=

THE STAGE IF SET FOR WAR.
    * Oil prices are surging to record highs.
    * A new dictator is rising in Iraq
    * North Korean forces are ready to strike south.
    * Israel is feverishly trying to complete the Third Temple

AND IN THE MIDST of a world ready to explode, American president James MacPherson's second term is ending.

The battle to succeed him is heating up into the most fiercely contested presidential election in American history. Who will lead a bitterly divided country over the next four years? And just what role --- if any --- does the U.S. play in history's last days?

As the presidential campaign narrows into a dead heat, the Secret Service learns of a catastrophic terrorist plot to assassinate one of the candidates --- but which one? Who do they want dead? And can U.S. forces stop the terrorists before millions lose their lives?

From New York Times best-selling novelist Joel C. Rosenberg comes an explosive new political thriller amide the drama of the 2008 presidential campaign . . . and God forbid it should ever come true.
    hardback
    490 pages
    copyright 2010
    ISBN978-1-4143-1163-0

THE TWELFTH IMAM - JOEL C ROSENBERG

LC.JPG

TENSIONS ARE RISING IN THE MIDDLE EAST. Iran’s president vows to annihilate the United States and Israel. Israel’s prime minister says someone must hit Iran’s nuclear sites “before it’s too late.” The American president warns against a preemptive strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities and says negotiations are the key to finding peace.

And amid it all, rumors are swirling throughout the region of a mysterious religious cleric claiming to be the Islamic messiah known as the Mahdi or the Twelfth Imam. Word of his miracles, healings, signs, and wonders is spreading like wildfire.

CIA operative David Shirazi was born for this moment. He is recruited and sent into Tehran with one objective: use all means necessary to disrupt Iran’s nuclear weapons program, without leaving American fingerprints and without triggering an apocalyptic new war.

But time is running out.

[crouching-tiger-disappearing-spoiler]
    1. Charlie and Claire Harper leaves Iran together with their neighbors Mohammad and Nasreen Shirazi.
    2. David Shirazi and Marseille Harper meet for the first time in Gouin Reservoir, Quebec, Canada and become intimate with each other.
    3. Claire Harper is killed during 9/11.
    4. Communications between the Harpers and Shirazis are abruptly cut.
    5. David is recruited by the CIA.
    6. Marseille writes a letter to meet in Syracuse University.
    7. Najjar Malik had visions when he was younger.
    8. Najjar Malik is hired by Dr. Mohammed Saddaji (Iranian nuclear physicist) and marries him to his daughter .
    9. Supreme Leader Ayatollah Hamid Hosseini has visions of the Twelfth Imam
    9. Dr. Saddaji is killed in a car explosion.
    10. Iran prepares for the Twelfth Imam
    11. Dr. Alireza Birjandi (scholar of Shia Islamic eschatology and adviser to Iran's Supreme Leader ) has visions of Jesus.
    12. Najjar Malik and family sees Jesus.
    13. Najjar Malik and his family seek asylum to the U.S
    14. Marseille and David meet on the appointed date..he finds out that Marseille got pregnant but lost her baby in the 3rd month....conversation is cut by a call from his boss to go to Washington ....by order of the U.S. President.
    [/crouching-tiger-disappearing-spoiler]
    I'm done with all of the series and I guess in the near end or for the last two books this is actually a very crafty Christian Novel. If you're not into "Christian" propaganda this series will blind side you. Setting that aside, this is a very good series and the scenario if you believe in the bible is very plausible. He's like David Baldacci and Dan Brown combined.
    hardback
    459 pages
    copyright 2011
    ISBN 978-1-4143-1935-3

THE TEHRAN INITIATIVE - JOEL C ROSENBERG

IS IT FICTION, OR IS IT REAL?

lc.jpg

The world is on the brink of disaster. Iran has just conducted its first atomic weapons test. Millions of Muslims around the world are convinced their messiah --- known as the Twelfth Imam --- has arrived on earth. Israeli leaders fear Tehran, under the Twelfth Imam's spell, will soon launch a nuclear attack that could bring about a second Holocaust and the annihilation of Israel. The White House fears Jerusalem will strike first, launching a massive preemptive attack against Iran's nuclear facilities that could cause the entire Middle East to go up in flames, oil prices to skyrocket, and the global economy to collapse. with the stakes high and few viable options left, the president of the United States orders CIA operative David Shirazi and his team to track down and sabotage Iran's nuclear warheads before Iran or Israel can launch a devastating first strike. But will they be too late?

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
    1. from March 6 to March 12

2. Motorcade of William Jackson (US President), Abdel Mohammad Ramzy (Pres. of Egypt) andnAsher Naphtali (Prime Minister of Israel) is attacked on it's way to Waldorf-Astoria.

3. Egyptian President dies.

4. Dr. Najjar Malik (former physicist) escapes from the CIA safe house in Virginia and preaches about Jesus and the Mahdi being a false Messiah.

4. Marseille finds out by mistake from Tom Murray that David works for the CIA

5. David's mother dies.

5. Tariq Khan (Pakistani nuclear physicist) is nabbed by David and tells him the locations of the warheads.

6. Mordecai is Jalal Zandi (Iranian nuclear physicist)

7. Zionist attack condemned by U.S President ....warheads destroyed but 2 (nuclear) survived.

8. Counterstrike in motion....IRGC firing at Israel ...etc....

*** NEXT: THE DAMASCUS COUNTDOWN (Fall 2012)

[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
    Thanks CICCI!! I'll be looking for this latest chapter. So this happened after the rapture right?
    cyberfunk wrote: »
    Thanks CICCI!! I'll be looking for this latest chapter. So this happened after the rapture right?

Not quite....the world is still on the brink of disaster...this book since starts where the book the Twelfth Imam left off...

The Twelfth Imam is supposed to be the Ultimate Savior of mankind after certain prophecies are fulfilled....this series deals more with his rise and the growing tensions between the Arab World, Israel and the U.S.

and the first (JCR) series had a different President (MacPherson) the President of the U.S in this series is William Jackson.

have fun reading...
    If it's a sequel from Dead Heat then the rapture already happened. President James have already disappeared along with a billion people from the rapture. So from there will be chaos since many countries have their leaders disappeared too. Anyway, I'll be checking this out soon.
    If it's a sequel from Dead Heat then the rapture already happened. President James have already disappeared along with a billion people from the rapture. So from there will be chaos since many countries have their leaders disappeared too. Anyway, I'll be checking this out soon.

No not Dead Heat....

the Jon Bennett Series...and the Rapture happened in 2016....The Ezekiel Option...then the Dead Heat....ending everything....

The Twelfth Imam (David Shirazi series) ...started with 9/11/01...then we have this 2nd book.

I think you're missing THE TWELFTH IMAM as a read.
    Ah ok!! got it! It's the sequel for the twelfth Imam.
    I've read Twelfth Imam already and I was expecting another book from where the dead heat left off. This is like sequel from the prequel.
    Ah ok!! got it! It's the sequel for the twelfth Imam.

There you go....:lol:

I wonder if you have read THE LEFT BEHIND SERIES?

I am having second thoughts if I should read the series since the author is an Evangelical minister or something to that effect...am kinda wary of Evangelists...lol...and i don't like reading books that are too much preachy....

Religion/Salvation is between me and that Supreme Being and not being part of an Organized religion......that's me....:D
    from the book:

..who taught him from childhood that religion was dangerous, anti-intellectual, a crutch for the masses, and a game for the foolish, the poor and the hypocrites.

QUESTION:

sn't it true that never in the history of mankind has there been more killings than in the name of Religion?

*** Mind-Boggling *** :D
    C.I.C.C.I wrote: »
    from the book:

..who taught him from childhood that religion was dangerous, anti-intellectual, a crutch for the masses, and a game for the foolish, the poor and the hypocrites.

QUESTION:

sn't it true that never in the history of mankind has there been more killings than in the name of Religion?

*** Mind-Boggling *** :D

Oh my! I just checked it out.. I'll be hooked on this. Thanks CICCI!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file