Home PEx Campus University of the Philippines

Best review center for the UPCAT

Comments

• KyonKyon PExer
    ^ Amen I say to you.

Kung ako papipiliin, Honor. With a practical reason. If you have your honor wealth will come to you as it is. Pero hindi nabibili ng wealth ang Honor.

The University of the Philippines is, was, and will ever be standing for Honor. The goal and purpose of UP is to educate talented Filipino students who at the time of their maturity will use what they learned to render their service to the country.

...Humayo't Itanghal, Giting at ang Dangal....
  • ..asar na asar talaga ko nun..kasi 14 lang kami pumasa sa UP..tapos umiiyak yung iba dahil hindi nakapasa e super gumastos sila sa review center..after nila magsiiyakan, ayun na mindset nila..bakit daw pagsisiksikan pa ang sarili sa UP..hmmm..kahit naman hindi pumasa sa upcat, siyempre sa ibang university ka muna, dapat average mo, for 32 credits yata, 2.00 tapos makakapasok ka na..o diba..hindi sayang yun kasi nga freshman ka lang, halos parepareho lang ang subjects, macrecredit pa din..
  • di **** actually assurance yung pagrereview sa review centers or pagbabasa ng review books sa pagpasa ng upcat.ako nga wlang review review(hehe).yung iba samin grabe gastos sa mga review materials and then ending up to failure.di man lang nakapsa.sayang tuloy.
  • I never attended any review center. We couldn't afford it then. I passed the UPCAT just the same. My efforts during my early years in high school paid off. None of my classmates attended any review center and yet through our own efforts, 24 out of 40 applicants passed.

If you still have time, go back to your books. You might want to try buying or better yet, downloading from scribd.com a reviewer. Review schools are merely an elitist incentive to cram.

Also, if I remember correctly, UP implements an Excellence-Equity Adminission System (EEAS). That is, the top 70 percent are admitted based on UPCAT scores and predicted grades. The remaining 30 percent face a different set of criteria wherein those from poorer families/regions have a greater chance while those from Metro Manila/richer families are given less weight.

My bet is that if you're good enough to land in the top 70 percent of the accepted applicants, you'd not need to go to a review center. If your in the lower 30 percent, attending a review center may be a waste of your time and money.
  • I attended a review center pero hindi lang ako nakinig sa mga teachers. Haha. Minamadali kasi nila yung mga past lessons. Like pwede bang isiksik ang natutunan mo ng 4 years sa 2 months? :)

Anyway, everyday lang akong nagbasa ng mga school books ko. Nireview ko yung mga binigay na reviewers ng review center but for math, pinagaralan ko talaga yung school books ko. lalo na yung Algebra book ko noong 1st year. :))

Yun, I passed. I hope you pass, too. :)
  • Kyon wrote: »
    ...Humayo't Itanghal, Giting at ang Dangal....
    di ba giting at tapang? :lol:

anyway. i went to expert guides review center last summer. then my paranoid parents enrolled me to Tutorlink pa. Kaya after class nung June at July, nagpapatutor pa ako hanggang gabi para sa UPCAT.

but i must say that the UPCAT's fair for everyone. nagreview center ka man o hindi, malaki ang pag-asa mo. stock knowledge lang din talaga. and of course, your high school grades are VERY important.

well, kung hanap mo new friends, chikas, gimik- ayun, review na!
  • KyonKyon PExer
    ^

Dun yan sa "Lean" version ng U.P. Naming mahal. Yung kinakanta langi ng mga Tibak.
  • ^oh i see :)
  • I've seen a lot of typical reactions normal to die-hard-academic-people. This must be normal, though.

Nevertheless, Im glad to know that everyone is intelligent in getting my point here.

Students, you have the right to wealth. Never ever choose a dead end course. You have the freedom and the right for a convenient life.

Btw, I just came across with this website. I just dont understand why the asker has to ask such question. Creepy.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090102083030AARsYGx

Merci beaucop!
  • arvin01 wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of typical reactions normal to die-hard-academic-people. This must be normal, though.

Nevertheless, Im glad to know that everyone is intelligent in getting my point here.

Students, you have the right to wealth. Never ever choose a dead end course. You have the freedom and the right for a convenient life.

Btw, I just came across with this website. I just dont understand why the asker has to ask such question. Creepy.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090102083030AARsYGx

Merci beaucop!

I understand your point, but the choice is still ours.....

Merci beaucoup din po sa inyo.
  • i recommend scrc. kung sobrang matalino ka, malamang you'll get cash incentive at the end of the review session, basta nasa top 20 ka ng simulation test nila. kaya mag-scrc ka na lang. :D
  • agatha542 wrote: »
    I'm very proud to say na nag-review ako the remaining weekends before the UPCAT sa AHEAD LEARNING CENTER (tutorial and review center)....

very thankful ako kasi they help me a lot at kahit matagal ng tapos ang review sessions at UPCAT may communication pa rin ako sa mga naging teachers ko doon... minsan nga nagpapaturo pa ko ng assingments at very easy to approach ang mga tao...

kung meron kang time para umattend sa mga review centers then GO... pero kung feeling mo naman ay kakayanin mo na sa self-study ang UPCAT ay GO lang ng GO... ang mahalaga hindi ka mag-cheat at gamitin ang backdoor to enter UP...

once in a lifetime lang ang CHANCe natin to take UPCAT then why not GRAB the CHANCE na makapagrefresh ng mind....

BTW... I PASSED! =D

good luck sayo.... focus and target your goal...

dyan din ako nag-review. puro mayayaman classmates ko. wahahahahaha. ako lang yung promdi. :lol:
    well u have to decide, would u prefer wealth or honor?

Instead of choosing a course like European languages, history, anthropology etc in UP, u are better off with courses that are in demand and will provide you a better and satisfying career such as NURSING in other school. *okay*

It would be better to choose wealth over honor. If you want to have a very large salary amounting to around Php 300,000.00 a month and easily work in the USA, Canada or abroad, then choose in demand courses like NURSING, IT (specializing in JAVA, ORACLE, SAP etc) in other schools instead of wasting your time with those non-sense courses in UP and end up with a job you never wanted. :(

However, if u are really an academic type of person who prefer honor over wealth then go get that non-sense course in UP and regret your life studying there cause that course you took will never give you a bright future. :eek: :mecry: :depressed:

Is everyone getting my point here?

Just my two cents. Peace to all! ;)

You are getting nowhere with that point. :confused: Nursing and IT-related courses are also offered in UP, and I don't need to explain further that UP is a prime university. You know what I mean. :)
    well u have to decide, would u prefer wealth or honor?

Instead of choosing a course like European languages, history, anthropology etc in UP, u are better off with courses that are in demand and will provide you a better and satisfying career such as NURSING in other school. *okay*

It would be better to choose wealth over honor. If you want to have a very large salary amounting to around Php 300,000.00 a month and easily work in the USA, Canada or abroad, then choose in demand courses like NURSING, IT (specializing in JAVA, ORACLE, SAP etc) in other schools instead of wasting your time with those non-sense courses in UP and end up with a job you never wanted. :(

However, if u are really an academic type of person who prefer honor over wealth then go get that non-sense course in UP and regret your life studying there cause that course you took will never give you a bright future. :eek: :mecry: :depressed:

Is everyone getting my point here?

Just my two cents. Peace to all! ;)

Uhm, UP Diliman is a Center of Excellence in IT Education. We don't have B.S. Information Technology but we do have B.S. Computer Science.

Also, I don't think that the courses in UP Diliman are non-sense courses.
  • I understand your point, but the choice is still ours.....

Merci beaucoup din po sa inyo.

Yes, the choice is still yours. Just make sure that you made the right choice. *okay*
  • You are getting nowhere with that point. :confused: Nursing and IT-related courses are also offered in UP, and I don't need to explain further that UP is a prime university. You know what I mean. :)

I understand however not everyone are given a chance to take and eventually graduate with nursing or an I.T related course in UP so one incident is yung iba they end up with a course na hindi naman in-demand basta lang makapag-aral sa U.P eh pwede naman sila mag-aral sa ibang university that offer better courses, in-demand courses that provides much greater salary and could get them easily work abroad.

I'm simply giving the students a chance to take up in-demand courses such as Nursing and I.T related course not only in U.P but in other schools as well. *okay*
  • Uhm, UP Diliman is a Center of Excellence in IT Education. We don't have B.S. Information Technology but we do have B.S. Computer Science.

Also, I don't think that the courses in UP Diliman are non-sense courses.

Yes, you are right about UP being excellent in IT education.

No honey, only some of the courses I refer to as a "dead-end course" - courses that offer poor wealth benefits
  • KyonKyon PExer
    arvin01 wrote: »
    Yes, you are right about UP being excellent in IT education.

No honey, only some of the courses I refer to as a "dead-end course" - courses that offer poor wealth benefits

That's because as a State University, U.P. isn't profit-oriented.

Do you honestly thing that AMA or other schools will offer Anthropology, Geology, Philippine Arts, Development Studies and other -what you call them? - "dead end" courses in U.P.?
  • IMHO. Kaya din kailangan ng review center minsan is to explain the questions na nasa review books na binebenta sa bookstores.

Kasi ako, for me. Nagreview ako mag-isa pero hindi ako matalino. Hindi lang naman matatalino ang nakakapasok sa UP. Yung may tyaga din. Puro materials lang ang ginamit ko para makapagreview but of course, during that time, i needed someone to explain to me and verify for me kung pano at kung tama ba ginagawa ko. [For math] Facts are fixed but how they existed, madaming paraan.

I passed the UPCAT. Thanks to CORECT book. :]
  • Kyon wrote: »
    That's because as a State University, U.P. isn't profit-oriented.

Do you honestly thing that AMA or other schools will offer Anthropology, Geology, Philippine Arts, Development Studies and other -what you call them? - "dead end" courses in U.P.?

Geology is a dead end course? Geologists work in Petroleum and Mining industries, and you must've realized by now the compensation isn't small. ;)

Right now, dead-end courses would include Nursing. San na napunta yung libo-libong nurses natin? Tambay nalang diba? IT, on the other hand, still remains in-demand in and out of the country.