PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Thomasian Poll for the 2010 Elections

Your vote for President and Vice President (2010 elections)... and why? :naughty:

My pick:
1. President - Gibo, visionary, intelligent and a true leader
2. VP - Roxas, economist, influential and intelligent.

Comments

• rx_Tomasinorx_Tomasino Member PExer
    Pres: Gordon. Result oriented. Gusto ko yung attitude nya towards work.

V- Pres: Roxas.
  • fritz, MDfritz, MD BRAIN ATTACK TEAM! PExer
    President: G1BO Teodoro - young, intelligent, competent, with integrity and achievements, a man of his own. He is the exact opposite of the yellow candidate.

Vice-Pres: BAYANI Fernando - I am from Marikina and I know what this man can do. He does not only transform a city but also the people within his city.

SULONG G1BO!!!
    Go BF!!!
  • bahamut_zerobahamut_zero chinito na moreno ✭✭✭
    Pres - Gordon or Gibo

VP - Roxas or si BF
  • joseph0487joseph0487 Contemplare et Contemplata PExer
    President - Gilbert Teodoro, JR
    Vice - still not sure but might vote for BF

by the way, wala bang Mock Election na gagawin sa UST? Naalala ko noon gumawa ng mock elections.
  • galileo_galileo_ Member PExer
    President - Gibo Teodoro - intelligent, competent and has integrity.

gibonew2.jpg

gibonew3.jpg

gibonew.jpg
  • segneissegneis Mr. Yoso PExer
    President: GIBO TEODORO. With him as the leader, I think the country's future will be way brighter, as in brighter than color yellow. :naughty:

VP: MAR ROXAS. Taga-Marikina ako pero tingin ko hilaw pa si BF para humawak ng ganyang ka-taas na posisyon kahit sobrang dami na niyang nagawa sa siyudad namin. Mas ok kung nasa cabinet siya so he can gain more experience in administrative works. :)
  • PisLabRakenRolPisLabRakenRol guitar goddess PExer
    President: GORDON - He inspired Volunteerism. I think this is what the country needs now.

Vice: BAYANI - The hardest thing a leader could do is change the deep-rooted attitude and behavior of "katamaran", "kadugyutan" etc. As you all know, Marikina is somewhat a clannish community. The attitude of the elderly towards their environment and society is conservative, if not prejudiced. Most people are stigmatizer (I think this goes everywhere). The attitude is, as I've said, deep-rooted, along with the elderly's superstitions, "haka-haka". But BF has changed all that and that, for me, is a huge accomplishment.

This is just one of the many reasons why I will vote for this tandem.
  • gioboygioboy rural juror, urban fervor PExer
    Gordon
    and
    Bayani

sana ma-transform nila ang Pinas to a Subic-Marikina.
  • joshua3joshua3 Patented Thomasian Smile PExer
    Wise voters will look for the candidate that will best serve the country's urgent and long term NEEDS. If I may ask all of you, what will you choose between these two:

PROVEN capability or POTENTIAL capability?

As a blogger from another site posted,

The difference of Gordon-Bayani from the rest?
    They already did it in Subic and Marikina.
    Others are still talking about what they can do.
    Let's go for WILL AND ABILITY and not WINNABILITY.

These guys have proven that they can transform a once lagging and mediocre entity into bustling and ideal ones. Let's vote and campaign hard for Gordon and Bayani. The country needs them. :)

My vote:

For President: GORDON
    For Vice President: BAYANI

Of course. *okay*
  • joshua3joshua3 Patented Thomasian Smile PExer
    segneis wrote: »
    VP: MAR ROXAS. Taga-Marikina ako pero tingin ko hilaw pa si BF para humawak ng ganyang ka-taas na posisyon kahit sobrang dami na niyang nagawa sa siyudad namin. Mas ok kung nasa cabinet siya so he can gain more experience in administrative works. :)

You should have appreciated Bayani's efforts more than we non-Marikinans do. Transforming Marikina and the MMDA is more than enough administrative experience. What's more, Bayani's values are better than Mar's. For one, Bayani gave way to Gordon because the latter is better than him (in terms of intelligence, leadership skills, etc.). On the other hand, Mar gave way to Noynoy because the latter is more popular (at the time) than him. Who teaches us better values then? We need to straighten up our values if we want to move forward. We don't need trapos full of gimickry.
  • SyusukeSyusuke -Hakugei- PExer
    joshua3 wrote: »
    You should have appreciated Bayani's efforts more than we non-Marikinans do. Transforming Marikina and the MMDA is more than enough administrative experience. What's more, Bayani's values are better than Mar's. For one, Bayani gave way to Gordon because the latter is better than him (in terms of intelligence, leadership skills, etc.). On the other hand, Mar gave way to Noynoy because the latter is more popular (at the time) than him. Who teaches us better values then? We need to straighten up our values if we want to move forward. We don't need trapos full of gimickry.

I was amazed by what Bayani said. He accepted that there is someone better than him who can govern the country. He is very true to his self.*okay*
    Sana may Tomasinong kumandidato ulit at manalo. Kung maaalala nyo, lahat ng tomasinong naging presidente ay matino at maayos.
  • show_paoshow_pao Member ✭✭
    President - Teodoro - intelligent, young and objective or Gordon - very specific and no cheesy answers.
    VP - Fernando or Binay - I want the Philippines to be as clean/organized as Marikina or as "unlad" as Makati.
  • segneissegneis Mr. Yoso PExer
    joshua3 wrote: »

1. I really admire and recognize BF's achievements in Marikina. *okay* It's just that my appreciation for his track record does not necessarily have to be translated to my vote for him as VP. Even though he's competent enough and has good values, I still find Roxas a more suitable candidate to handle the said position.

2. AFAIK, Mar didn't give way to Noynoy because of this popularity thing. It did appear that Mar's supporters within the LP held him as "hostage". The likes of Drilon, Abad and company were seemingly the ones who really had the authority in LP despite Mar being the LP President. I wish you have read newspaper columnist Anthony Taberna's scoop about this weeks ago or have done more research before making that statement. Even though Mar gave way to Noynoy as a form of sacrifice in one way or another instead of standing by his principles and maintaining his determination to become LP's presidentiable, what he did still actually drew admiration from many people because of the kind of character he's shown. In the world of Philippine politics, you can rarely find someone like Mar who chose to let go of his personal aspiration for the sake of maintaining the unity within his party. He was selfless enough I guess. :)
  • gnrydn13gnrydn13 All Hail the Mighty Tigers
    Villar
    Fernando
  • PisLabRakenRolPisLabRakenRol guitar goddess PExer
    Bayani gained my vote with his answer on Nick Perlas' question during GMA7's Isang Tanong (part2)...

Nick Perlas: Anong pagkakaiba ng people power na kailangan natin sa 2010 and beyond sa people power nuong 1986?

BF: Ang people power kong iniisip ay yung mga naririnig ko sa mga rallies nuong araw pa "Let us get our acts together!".. subali't kailan pa natin napag-isa ang ating kilos?... ang kailangan natin, pagtrabahuhin ang lahat ng tao, gawin ang trabaho ng mabuti.. that's where we can get our acts together... yan ang ating sociedad... hindi yung sabay sabay tayong magwawalis ng kalye, hindi ganun... o sabay sabay tayong pupunta sa EDSA... hindi ganon. Gawin natin ang takdang gawain natin sapagka't inaasahan ang gawa mo ng isa pang manggagawa at ng sociedad mo. Magtrabaho ang bawa't isa ng MABUTI."

---when I stopped and thought about BAYANI'S statement, it made me realize that if only each and every politicians followed this, then there would be no more corruption, laziness, etc.*okay*
    If you're going for Gibo and a Thomasian, join:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-AM-A-GREEN-THOMASIAN-GIBO-2010/230355388418
  • lavaughnderlavaughnder Member PExer
    President: Gilbert "G1BO" Teodoro
    Vice President: Bayani "Mr. Political Will" Fernando
  • popwinterpopwinter Member PExer
    President: Gibo Teodoro
    VP: Bayani Fernando
  • ust_prideust_pride Member PExer
    Noynoy Aquino
    Mar Roxas