Home PEx Campus High Schools

pisay questions

ano ba mga benefits pag mag aral sa Pisay? ano din mga restrictions? me contract ba na dapat di ka mag abroad?

my daughter just passed the entrance exams and di ko sure kung ano talaga benefits and restrictions.

thank you and regards

Comments

• buknoyqqq wrote: »
    ano ba mga benefits pag mag aral sa Pisay? ano din mga restrictions? me contract ba na dapat di ka mag abroad?

my daughter just passed the entrance exams and di ko sure kung ano talaga benefits and restrictions.

thank you and regards

benefits: sabi ng isang teacher namin, yung textbooks, especially sa bio, ay pang- PhD ang level; may allowance and/or stipend; super advance lessons (na uulitin mo rin sa college)

restrictions? ewan. masaya talaga sa pisay:)

and about the contract, i'm not that sure about it pero i think it's about the DOST scholarship you'll get in college.

btw, i'm a graduating student from pisay-smc :)

thank you and regards

yung benefits, may stipend ka. At advanced ang lessons. Ang na- notice ko sa campus namin sa pisay, ay ang super-close ng mga students sa teachers, pero wala namang bias. Pwede kang dumala ng gadgets pero bawal ito sa klase. At dapat responsable ka para alagaan ang mga ito. basta ang dami ng benefits!

ang restriction na man lang ay pag-college, dapat science and technology ang field ng kurso mo. Kung hindi ay magbabayad ka ng edukasyon mo. Hindi na libre.
    Hope it helps.:)
  • yung benefits, may stipend ka. At advanced ang lessons. Ang na- notice ko sa campus namin sa pisay, ay ang super-close ng mga students sa teachers, pero wala namang bias. Pwede kang dumala ng gadgets pero bawal ito sa klase. At dapat responsable ka para alagaan ang mga ito. basta ang dami ng benefits!

ang restriction na man lang ay pag-college, dapat science and technology ang field ng kurso mo. Kung hindi ay magbabayad ka ng edukasyon mo. Hindi na libre.
    Hope it helps.:)

aww. gusto ko talaga mag med tech. oh well. may 1 month + pa ako

from what campus ka?
  • me mga scholarships din ba na offer para sa college?
  • Pisay Diliman alumni here. Batch 2005. Hanggang high school lang yung PSHS scholarship, but there's a very good chance that your child will be able to get a scholarship grant from the college that he/she chooses later on.

Clarifications: di naman pang-Ph.D. yung books namin - undergrad-level lang naman yung mga books (which are loaned for free for all students, by the way). Free tuition plus socialized monthly stipend, optional in-house residence for some campuses (read: dorm), and bragging rights to be called a student from one of the best high schools in the Philippines.
  • ahzhuahzhu PEx Rookie ⭐
    yung sa contract ng pisay, 2 years of work experience sa pinas. but you can go abroad for travel or studies. balik ka nga lang

pag nakakuha ka ng dost scholarship pang college, ibang contrata din yun.
  • ok thank you sa mga replies!
  • DacsDacs PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    According to my schoolmates who graduated from Pisay, kelangan science-related course ang kukunin mo sa college. This is not the case with other science HS (Masci at least, where I graduated from).

But I don't think this will be a dealbreaker for you since most likely your daughter has an aptitude for math/science and she may be leaning on science courses anyway.

I think it's for your daughter's best interest to grab the opportunity to enroll in Pisay.
  • I have friends who are in pisay at the moment, and they all love it.
    The education is fantastic and equivalent (I think) to an International School for incredibly cheap.
    I don't know what gave you the idea that there is a contract restricting working abroad because more than half of the student body end up halfway across the world in schools like MIT, Harvard and other Ivy League universities. They usually go on to work in American once their there. Though some return to the Philippines and improve our country by miles.
    You should definitely send your daughter to pisay
  • ahzhu wrote: »
    yung sa contract ng pisay, 2 years of work experience sa pinas. but you can go abroad for travel or studies. balik ka nga lang

pag nakakuha ka ng dost scholarship pang college, ibang contrata din yun.

talaga??? may 2 years pa ba???

ni-re-read ko yung contract ko... (im from pshs-brc) eh wala namang kelangan na 2 years na magwork...

ang kelangan lang ay pumasok sa isang science/engg course na approved ng pisay... yun lang... kung di ka mag science/engg magbabayad ka na lahat ng ginastos sayo from 1st year to 4th year pati mga stipends,etc etc

sa scholarship for college...ibang usapan na yun... ikaw mag aasikaso nun at kung may mga obligations di na yun saklaw ng sa pisay...
  • I have friends who are in pisay at the moment, and they all love it.
    The education is fantastic and equivalent (I think) to an International School for incredibly cheap.
    I don't know what gave you the idea that there is a contract restricting working abroad because more than half of the student body end up halfway across the world in schools like MIT, Harvard and other Ivy League universities. They usually go on to work in American once their there. Though some return to the Philippines and improve our country by miles.
    You should definitely send your daughter to pisay

More than half is a bad overestimate. I think yung batch namin around 10-20 lang ang nag-aral abroad (notably in CalTech, UPenn, NUS) and ~200 in UP, not bad for a batch with < 240 graduates. Also, I think the good thing about Pisay is the challenge it gives. It is a very, very rare occasion (if not entirely impossible) that a single student has the monopoly of the knowledge and the awards. I have a number of friends here in UP that felt like their HS was a big waste of time. They felt no intellectual growth, they feel that they're smarter than their own teachers, their classmates are too immature and gives off no challenge, etc. That isn't the case in Pisay.
    talaga??? may 2 years pa ba???

ni-re-read ko yung contract ko... (im from pshs-brc) eh wala namang kelangan na 2 years na magwork...

ang kelangan lang ay pumasok sa isang science/engg course na approved ng pisay... yun lang... kung di ka mag science/engg magbabayad ka na lahat ng ginastos sayo from 1st year to 4th year pati mga stipends,etc etc

sa scholarship for college...ibang usapan na yun... ikaw mag aasikaso nun at kung may mga obligations di na yun saklaw ng sa pisay...

Wala sa contract na 2 yrs work. AFAIK, 4 yrs of stay after graduation lang ang kailangan (I might need to review my contract). Althought totoo yung kailangan na Sci/Engg ang course na kukunin after HS, marami namang paraan para lampasan ito: you can pay, you can shift out and keep it a secret, you can hire a lawyer and find a loophole in the contract, etc. Either way, who in the world would even sue you and waste his personal time checking if you are still in a Sci/Engg course?

About scholarships, tama si thomasrodinel, medyo sariling kayod na nga sya. Although, medyo assumed naman na papasa ka sa UP. Required din pala mag-take ng DOST-SEI scholarship exam. *okay*

thank you and regards

First off, congrats. :)

Benefits: Marami! Top-notch education for free.

Restrictions: Science/Engineering course pag college or else i-rerefund mo yung HS education. As for abroad, you might be confusing that with the DOST College scholarship grants which AFAIK require 2 years work after grad and comes with travel restrictions (correct me if I'm wrong).

Protip: Wag mo na i-pressure anak mo pag nasa loob na. Tambak na yan sa school. :)
  • carloace08carloace08 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hello :)
    Tumatanggap ba ng transferee ang Pisay? (particularly Pisay-Southern Mindanao Campus) kasi I'm planning to transfer my brother from a science curriculum private HS to Pisay next school year. :)
  • ^meron naman nakaka-transfer, this current schol year for example meron tinaggap na incoming 2nd year na galing 1st year sa miriam. 1-2 a year max lang siguro. ewan, estimate ko lang yan.
  • carloace08carloace08 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^ sabay ba ang entrance exam for transferees & incoming freshmen students? o anytime pwedeng mag-take ng exam ang transferee? :)
  • Different ang exam dates ng transferees (laterals) and sa freshies. I had friend during my Pisay days who was a lateral and who also took the entrance exam and failed.

She said the lateral exam is way more easier.
  • Who wants to go to Gold's Gym Katipunan? My consultant has a promo for students, Php 9600 for 96 visits in 1 yr + 30 Free. Original price is Php 14,500. Pls text me 09175216763
  • epoymananahoepoymananaho PEx Rookie ⭐
    May lateral lang for incoming 2nd year kung may slot pa na kulang sa batch.. In our case (pisay-smc), 89 lang kami nung first year kami. Umalis yung isa kasi nag-migrate. Nung second year kami, may 2 kaming bagong batchmate na nakapasok thru lateral entry.
    Ang kaibahan kasi sa pisay entrance exam, competitive siya kasi patasaan kayo ng score. You are not aiming for a passing mark but you are aiming to outscore most people ang place among top 90 (sa smc) or 240 (sa diliman).. I dont know kung ano quota sa ibang campuses.
  • I believe for SMC may lateral talaga and I've been told required that you passed the first exam for you to be "qualified" to take the lateral exam.
  • so mahirap ba magtransfer? lateral transfer? anong req? ex pisay-clark to pisay -main. pareho *** b ang standards or quality of turo or malayo talaga. main compared to other pisay campuses