COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance. Please update your email address.

Thanks,
pexer99

The Late Shift (1996 HBO TV movie): Jay Leno vs David Letterman

Bahay_KuboBahay_Kubo Banned by Admin PExer
HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF (Leno vs. O'Brien)! :naughty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Late_Shift_%28film%29

The Late Shift (film)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Late Shift is a 1996 American TV movie produced by HBO. It is based on the book of the same name by The New York Times media reporter Bill Carter.

Plot synopsis

The movie follows the behind-the-scenes network politics responsible for late-night programming leading up to—and after—the retirement of Johnny Carson (played by Rich Little) from The Tonight Show on NBC in 1992. Jay Leno (Daniel Roebuck) and David Letterman (John Michael Higgins) both vie for the position, but Leno's tough manager, Helen Kushnick (Kathy Bates), secures the spot for him. In the wake of some of her more fierce tactics, she is pushed out of her job as The Tonight Show executive producer and dropped by Leno as his personal manager. Letterman, devastated by his being passed over, brings in superagent Mike Ovitz (Treat Williams) to negotiate on his behalf, resulting in his move to CBS.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10

Comments

• sirloin_steaksirloin_steak Jump brother, jump brother! PExer
    i've seen this several times on our movie channels here...read the book as well...the first time i saw this, i was surprised na gano'n pala 'yung nangyari between leno and letterman...helen kushnick (God rest her soul) practically muscled her way (for jay) into "tonight...", whatever the costs, regardless kung sino ang tamaan (mapa-NBC exec pa 'yan or THE johnny carson [God bless him, too] himself)...and i got a little bit disappointed with leno after watching that.

i can't help but think of that movie (kahit tinira pa 'yun both nina leno and letterman) everytime i think of the whole conan/leno brouhaha. helen kushnick must be happy to see that, but carson? i don't know.
  • Bahay_KuboBahay_Kubo Banned by Admin PExer
    ^ i just could not imagine what Johnny Carson's reaction would be as far as the Conan O'Brien vs Jay Leno brouhaha is concerned. :(
    David Letterman - The Late Shift 2: Jay vs. Conan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIE-j3sGmTg

:naughty: :glee:
    better bring this one up before its gets buried deeper here. ;)
  • orionspearorionspear 기다릴께요 오직 그대 하나만 PExer
    OMFG thanks for the link! will watch this later.. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file