FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

CHRIST's Sacrifice

Is God's death on the cross considered a sacrifice?

Basically He knows what will happen, and He was assured in His place in heaven? Where's the sacrifice in that? His basically just going home in a dramatic way?

Comments

• caporegimecaporegime ilpadrino lite™ PExer
    Cool. We got a live one here.

Although God and Christ are two distinct entities, at least in this reality.
  • sophionsophion Member ✭✭
    ender_1111 wrote: »

The so called "death" itself could not be considered a sacrifice since God could not really die and he is in complete control of the situation.
  • tontontonton Let's stop and talk awhile. PExer
    A dying God?
  • ender_1111ender_1111 playa ✭✭✭
    sophion wrote: »
    The so called "death" itself could not be considered a sacrifice since God could not really die and he is in complete control of the situation.

So what's the importance of Christ's crucifixion?
  • aislinnaislinn la conqu?te de la princess PExer

Basically He knows what will happen, and He was assured in His place in heaven? Where's the sacrifice in that? His basically just going home in a dramatic way?

It's not just the death per se. It's the motivation behind it. He died in our place.
  • TLGTLG The Dark Knight PExer

Its the suffering, the torture he received when he has no sin in the first place, our sins for his sufferings! Hindi naman naka-drugs si jesus nung pinaparusahan siya para di nya maramdaman yung mga sakit at pahirap di ba?
    aislinn wrote: »
    It's not just the death per se. It's the motivation behind it. He died in our place.

This I don't understand, He died for our sins, right? So what will his dying do? Does this purify us, absolve us from our sins?
    TLG wrote: »
    Its the suffering, the torture he received when he has no sin in the first place, our sins for his sufferings! Hindi naman naka-drugs si jesus nung pinaparusahan siya para di nya maramdaman yung mga sakit at pahirap di ba?

I don't think that he's the only innocent person to be crucify. Compared to others he had it good since he knows that he will be going to paradise.
    I don't think that he's the only innocent person to be crucify. Compared to others he had it good since he knows that he will be going to paradise.

Yes you are right he is not the only person to be crucified, but innocents convicted to be crucified would buy their way out or at least make a commotion or petition, but he accepted it to show a message. unless you believe him to be someone whose lunatic, i dont see any reason why an innocent man would face sufferings and torture wholeheartedly.

but then again, each has his own belief on jesus, and i believe he died for our sins.
  • Wow!

This thread turned out a test for Christians.

I haven't got a convincing answer from the posts yet.
  • TLG wrote: »
    Yes you are right he is not the only person to be crucified, but innocents convicted to be crucified would buy their way out or at least make a commotion or petition, but he accepted it to show a message. unless you believe him to be someone whose lunatic, i dont see any reason why an innocent man would face sufferings and torture wholeheartedly.

but then again, each has his own belief on jesus, and i believe he died for our sins.

A lot of people died innocent! Those aborted babies are, victims of terrorism, those convicted wrongly of crimes punishable by death, etc.

Even if someone dies for anybody else's sins! So what?
    A lot of people died innocent! Those aborted babies are, victims of terrorism, those convicted wrongly of crimes punishable by death, etc.

Even if someone dies for anybody else's sins! So what?

YOu didn't get the gist of my post!:naughty:
    Rom 3:25
    Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

--- The word i want to reteirate in this verse is propitiation. To appease. This verse is basically saying that Christ died to appease God's wrath. There's no mention of sending a message of anything.
    And how would christ's dying appease God?

i'm serious here ok?....here it is...
    If Jesus is really God, and Jesus has to die to appease God....its sort of like ****. you do something to yourself in order to appease yourself. yeah ****. nakakawala ng galit yan. :hmm:
    ^^
    God's a masochist?
    ^^
    God's a masochist?
    The emperor's got style. :jbravo:
    he dont just wanna do it (save people), he wanna do in a flambouyant way that bringz tearz to the eyezzzz.
    its not what you do. its how you do it. *okay*

the fact that he went through all this trouble to entertain...that is sacrifice. :naughty:
  • TLG wrote: »
    YOu didn't get the gist of my post!:naughty:

Forgive my ignorance.

But as I've observed in a lot of discussions, the problem is not much about the ignorance of people but it is in knowing of things that are not so.
    Rom 3:25
    Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

--- The word i want to reteirate in this verse is propitiation. To appease. This verse is basically saying that Christ died to appease God's wrath. There's no mention of sending a message of anything.

Well Jesus is fulfilling a prophesy right? By fulfilling the prophecy intended for him, he is appeasing God and sending a message to evryone that indeed God sent his messiah as promised.

Isaiah 53
    7-9He was beaten, he was tortured,
    but he didn't say a word.
    Like a lamb taken to be slaughtered
    and like a sheep being sheared,
    he took it all in silence.
    Justice miscarried, and he was led off—
    and did anyone really know what was happening?
    He died without a thought for his own welfare,
    beaten bloody for the sins of my people.
    They buried him with the wicked,
    threw him in a grave with a rich man,
    Even though he'd never hurt a soul
    or said one word that wasn't true.

10Still, it's what God had in mind all along,
    to crush him with pain.
    The plan was that he give himself as an offering for sin
    so that he'd see life come from it—life, life, and more life.
    And God's plan will deeply prosper through him.

11-12Out of that terrible travail of soul,
    he'll see that it's worth it and be glad he did it.
    Through what he experienced, my righteous one, my servant,
    will make many "righteous ones,"
    as he himself carries the burden of their sins.
    Therefore I'll reward him extravagantly—
    the best of everything, the highest honors—
    Because he looked death in the face and didn't flinch,
    because he embraced the company of the lowest.
    He took on his own shoulders the sin of the many,
    he took up the cause of all the black sheep.
    ^^
    Well Christ is God in a different persona. IMO it would suggest that what God knows Jesus also knows. How would fulfilling your own prophesy appease yourself? And prophesy is made to be fulfilled, right?

So Christ dying is just to prove that He's the messiah? It just doe'snt explain how Christ dying would absolve us of our sins?
    How would fulfilling your own prophesy appease yourself?
    you get to say "i told you so!".
    its soooo self appeasing to be able to say that. :lol:
    It just doe'snt explain how Christ dying would absolve us of our sins?
    its puts god in a good mood. and if you are in a good mood you can forgive anything, right?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file